Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you breakup with your GF/BF over cheese?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you breakup with your GF/BF over cheese?

If you're in need of a good laugh, here's vegan article from the BBC:

BBC News - Vegan dating: Finding love without meat or dairy

Best line from it was, "I did break up with someone over cheese". LOL.... I hope it was a nice sharp cheddar!

Only if it was between his toes.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

that's as dumb as some of the relationship posts here

it's only an issue if you make it an issue and if you make it an issue, wellllllll... you probly don't like em as much as you claim
      beautiful
      yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
      lol

Comment

I would actually, but only if they tried to stop me from eating it. I love cheese!
        Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Comment

Originally posted by ElaineC View Post
          I would actually, but only if they tried to stop me from eating it. I love cheese!
          Yep, if he ate the last bit of my raw goat milk feta that I wanted for my Greek salad tonight, I might just boot his butt to the curb.

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
            Yep, if he ate the last bit of my raw goat milk feta that I wanted for my Greek salad tonight, I might just boot his butt to the curb.
            Exactly. And he most assuredly wouldn't get back in the house until he turned up with bacon roses and more cheese!
            Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Comment

I did have to end a relationship over a capsacin allergy. I live for peppers and it took 4 days for them to to affect her... literally blisters etc.

it wasnt the real reason for the breakup, but those were 5 sad months without my spice fix...

the sex was good enough to make up for no chillies... but i dont think it was good enough for a lifetime of bland food.
              Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
              Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
              Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

"I cannot condone non-veggies any more than I can condone people who beat their children."

Seriously?

Comment

I think that falls along the lines of - if you saw someone beating their dog, would you condone it, because it was their choice and their animal? Or would you be against it?

Could you be in a relationship with someone who condones and takes part in that abuse?

They are extending the abuse to what most animals go through before ending up in the store. If you know they're mistreated and pay for it anyway, you are condoning it. Some people cannot.

Beating a child and beating an animal is too similar to be too different.

Comment

Originally posted by Lily Marie View Post
                    Beating a child and beating an animal is too similar to be too different.
                    That is pretty subjective since animal abuse to some is called racing or the circus to others. Of course, I've been out of the child racing scene for some time.

Relationships do require some shared values and yes, if someone has a philosophy or belief that collides with those of another person, it isn't going to work if the two can't find some middle ground. If cheese is the issue, then so be it. I've been in the feta fight with my wife. I had to go buy more or I'd be in the doghouse for a week.
                    My posts are for information only, based on my own research and experience. It is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. The reader should always consult his or her healthcare provider to determine the appropriateness of the information for their own situation or if they have any questions regarding a medical condition or treatment plan.

Comment

Back to cheese... I think I have been in relationships that were sustained due to our mutual love of cheese long after it should have ended... stinky, tasty goodness
                      Male 40 Years Old
                      210 LBs - 5/14/12 - SW
                      ??? LBs- GW
                      36"- Starting pant size
                      32" - Current Pant size

Comment

If I ever tried to do Paleo and cut out cheese, I think my husband might divorce me. He adds cheese to everything...including Chinese food.
                        Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

Bacon is king .....Cheese is his queen.....I live in their magical kingdom and reap the rewards.

Comment

I lived as a vegan with a vegetarian spouse...

Yes, I would give him a bit of the evil eye when he failed to request "No cheese" on his meals, but since I was the one convinced that cheese was causing physical harm to me, I tried to not say anything ... very much ... or, too often.

Here I actually thought that this would be more about Paleo vs. Primal - dairy/no dairy, and whether one could co-habitate a cave with someone that wasn't as "pure" paleo as thou, or something.

Comment

Originally posted by RaeVynn View Post
                              Here I actually thought that this would be more about Paleo vs. Primal - dairy/no dairy, and whether one could co-habitate a cave with someone that wasn't as "pure" paleo as thou, or something.
                              Me and my wife did no dairy paleo for a couple months and reintroduced. We found that I am actually acutely lactose intolerant to commercial crap, but do just fine with raw, fermented, or cultured dairy. She on the other hand has more chronic exposure type of symptoms resolve...then come back on reintroduction so is more likely casein sensitive in some manner. Now I eat dairy and she doesn't....which is the exact opposite of what it was prior to us doing our little experiments.

Comment

Working...
                              X