Raw foodism is silly. Here's why...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raw foodism is silly. Here's why...

I never realized how ridiculous the raw food diet actually is until I saw this video. Look at the quantity of stuff required per week! This is just madness. Feel free to fast forward to the 1:00 mark.

yup - saw a vegan athlete recommending his diet - 9000cals/day just to get everything he needed. as a farmer this made me gulp! we're (apparently) going to struggle feeding 9billion soon...what if they all wanted 9000cals of bananas/day
    16st @ heaviest (during pregnancy, 15st5 outside pregnancy) 8wks in - down to 13st5
    Goal - size 14, breaking that 13st barrier! 27/08/12 - fitting into some sz 14 things!

Comment

She doesn't look very healthy when it comes to body composition.
      But gosh, must be expensive haha. Absolutely stupid.
      Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
      (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Comment

"This seven year journey has absolutely changed my life..."

Yah, I'll bet it has. I can't imagine eating that and not shitting my pants at least 5 times a day.

"...and never hungry"

That's because in between running to the toilet you're standing in front of that counter spending (wasting) all your time chewing.
        Female, age 51, 5' 9"
        SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
        2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Comment

Well, I'd personally love to have her body composition.
          Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

sbhikes, I think you look better, stronger, and healthier.

She's just young and full of makeup.
            (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Comment

I'd kill to look like her too and eat all these fruit. Nirvana... Too bad it is unhealthy.
              My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
              When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

I love fruits, don't get me wrong, but after 2 or 3 servings I don't feel so well...

Comment

Good for you. I can eat tons of fruit but I can't do it without getting fat. It increases my appetite and eventually I get sugar hunger/shakes and frack my blood sugar. I had the best time ever in my life in terms of body composition those 3 weeks we vacationed in the South, ate nothing but fruit, veggies and a bit of bread and oil and swam and hiked all day long. The only time I was close to 110 lbs & perfect for me... It was awesome, but this lifestyle is not sustainable when you live in the 6+ months of winter, have to work and commute and well... work.

Sheesh, I am so hungry now, I can't concentrate & I already ate all the allocated 3 eggs and 1/2 cup egg whites and 20 g Brazil nuts and half a cucumber. This video makes me want to cry for its glorious colors and veggies and fruit.

If I could be her & never hungry and that slender, I'd sell my soul....
                  Last edited by Leida; 08-15-2012, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jojohaligo View Post
                    "This seven year journey has absolutely changed my life..."

Yah, I'll bet it has. I can't imagine eating that and not shitting my pants at least 5 times a day.

"...and never hungry"

That's because in between running to the toilet you're standing in front of that counter spending (wasting) all your time chewing.
                    This made me crack up! Seriously, I love fruit, but if I were to eat raw veggies and fruit all day every day, it'd be a pure diuretic for me. I would end up with her body composition, certainly - looking lean but with high BF%.
                    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
                    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
                    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

Comment

She doesn't have high BF%. She seems to be at the 18% or even less. She has << BF% than perfectly meat-eating, heavy-lifting me. And if I could have her slender thighs I would not ask for anything else ever in my life....

Maybe I should go raw vegan and see how long till I don't lose weight that way either....

Comment

No way I could eat all that fruit~ there wouldn't be enough time available between bathroom visits for all that chewing!

Comment

Originally posted by Nady View Post
                          No way I could eat all that fruit~ there wouldn't be enough time available between bathroom visits for all that chewing!
                          Exactly. The first thought that occurred to me when she was showing that whole pile of produce was, yes, but how much toilet paper does she go through in a week to go with it? The mountain of TP was off camera.

Comment

I wish I liked vegetables like she does! I struggle getting in 2 servings a day. I also have a small stomach that only holds maybe 6 oz, but nevertheless, even before I had weightloss surgery, I rarely had days when I ate more than 2 servings.

That said, I concur re: costs. Just the blueberries alone would cost $60/week in season over here.

Comment

Cost and pooping aside, that is a very weak human. Look at her arms. She probably can't lift her own body weight. And how much premature aging is she hiding under that inch of make-up and fake tan? And this is a terrible waste of food. How selfish can she be? I wonder how scarred her intestines are, and how long before serious malabsorption sets in.

Nobody here should aspire to act like her or look like her - even for a second. She's a fool.
                              Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Working...
                              X