No announcement yet.

Raw foodism is silly. Here's why...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only competitive female lifters can lift their body weight over their head. I can lift some 70% of my weight in the OHP, and my upper body is not bigger than hers. All these produce is far cheaper where I live than meat because produce always goes on 50% off sales and the meats, organic, grass fed cost a huge amount of money and have to be bought in bulk once a year to get them at a reasonable cost.... Blueberries are always on sale this time of the year, so I buy them at like a dollar per kilo and freeze for the rest of the year.

I love veggies and fruit, and always ate them copiously. I find it so hard to keep them down to enter the ketonic nirvana. I almost cried today when i had to dial back cauliflower from 300 g to 250 g and a tomato to half tomato to keep carbs under 60 g.

If I could eat and look like her I would. Stupid sugar!
    Last edited by Leida; 08-15-2012, 11:44 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

I think she looks amazing. But - she's only 23! And unlike many people that age, doesn't drink or smoke. She also runs 8-10 miles a day. Give it two years and she'll prob look quite different.
      "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

I did not drink and smoke when I was 23 (and never did on my life!). I was eating perfectly healthy, exerciser, not shunned meat or eggs or whatever, cooked everything myself, and still never looked like that, tanned, gorgeous and slender!

Comment

Different people look different. This girl could probably easily be just as pretty on another diet. Some people are just more beautiful than others. Let's hope for her sake that she stays this beautiful forever. Good for her.

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
            Exactly. The first thought that occurred to me when she was showing that whole pile of produce was, yes, but how much toilet paper does she go through in a week to go with it? The mountain of TP was off camera.
            Is it not possible that your body eventually adapts to this diet, such that the shitting eventually becomes normal? She's been at this for 7 years, so who knows.

But, man, that amount of food... LOL. Just funny.

Comment

No need to bash the girl. Let her do what works for her, do what works for you and carry on.

Comment

Different people look different. This girl could probably easily be just as pretty on another diet. Some people are just more beautiful than others. Let's hope for her sake that she stays this beautiful forever. Good for her.
                Francly, I don't care about her future attractiveness, it's mine own I am most interested in. Egotistic, I know. But from your words follows that diet doesn't matter, so why is raw foodism silly? She eats the ultimate happy food by the ton and looks like a star. How's that sillier than choking down coconut oil instead of a juicy tomato and washing your family's fruit to serve while salivating and not being to touch any in an elaborate torture of the Primal fat-driven diet? She is lucky.
                Last edited by Leida; 08-15-2012, 12:17 PM.

Comment

This page has a lot of interesting information regarding raw vegan/fruitarian diets. Particularly laughable is the whole calorie paradox and how much food is required to get enough calories.

The Calorie Paradox of Raw Veganism
                  Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

I wonder about all those calories~ I know it takes lots more foods bulk wise, when they aren't nutrient dense, but the way too much vegetation shoots right through me, when would any nutrient be around long enough to be absorbed? I mean, the digestive system doesn't go into manic mode just to grab on every little micro-nutrient, or does it?

Comment

The first is whether it is possible to attempt option "a" above without losing excessive weight and eventually becoming emaciated on the (relatively) modest quantities of plant foods some advocates claim to get by on (compared to what would actually be required).
                      I think I would just stop at the point when I lost the weight if you can lose the weight on raw vegan diet. The problem is that I doubt you cna really do that. Like a banana is 100 calories already, a good sized apple is the same thing, so if you are like 1400 cals a day, all you can eat is 14 pieces of fruit, and if you splurge on nuts and avocado.... Not much food at all, Obviously, you can have like a head a cabbage a day....

Maybe I should try it, maybe it will feel more natural for me than the Primal. I like Paleo the most, but no fruit is annoying.
                      Last edited by Leida; 08-15-2012, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Looking at that mound of veggies/fruits, I'll bet she doing a ton of juicing~ that's just way too much chewing to eat it all whole.

Comment

I was raw vegan for almost a year. You do have to eat all the time to feel satisfied, but it is easy to lose weight. Unfortunately for me, it also meant that I lost my hair and my toenails (admittedly only after I tried to do low-fat raw vegan which eliminates a lot of the protein sources). That said, I really did feel great for most of the time I was raw vegan, and I see the appeal of it. I feel a lot more stable and better eating primal, but I had a constant almost energy buzz while I was raw vegan. So yeah, it's easy to cast stones, but I say, do what works for you. It doesn't really matter if someone else finds it silly or extreme.

Comment

She probably does, but that's a whole week's worth of food. It is hard to count exactly, but if you look at her food, she has

4 watermelons: about 1/2 a day
                            ~ 60 tomatoes: ~ 10 a day
                            oranges, apples, peaches, bananas: looks like she gets 2 or 3 a day of each
                            cucumbers and zucchinis: about 1 to 2 a day
                            Kale: probably a small bunch a day

So, to me it looks like she can make about 3 fruit smoothies and 3 vegetable smoothies a day of a Magic Bullet cup size and have a good platter of a watermelon. That's not that much food.

Comment

I loved raw vegan, until my hair started falling out in gobs and I wanted to eat my pets. I knew it was time for a steak.

Comment

Originally posted by Leida View Post

Maybe I should try it, maybe it will feel more natural for me than the Primal. I like Paleo the most, but no fruit is annoying.
                                Or you can just eat some fruit on Paleo, too. Who says "no fruit" on which version of paleo / primal? There are some recommendations to limit your fruit to a couple of pieces per day, which you can follow or not.
                                If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

Working...
                                X