Explaining nutrition to someone who can't understand that corn is a grain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I need is to start growing basil again
    I have tons of basil, but pine nuts are very pricey. I have never tried pesto before, can it be made with sunflower or flax seeds or something like that and without cheese?
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Originally posted by Leida View Post
      I have tons of basil, but pine nuts are very pricey. I have never tried pesto before, can it be made with sunflower or flax seeds or something like that and without cheese?
      have you ever tried instead of pine nuts but finely chopped wallnuts in instead?

Comment

Originally posted by TorMag View Post
        Stop trying to explain it to other people. There is no need to preach. Live life for yourself and enjoy the fact that you found Primal Living.
        +1 or just tell them to read the book

Comment

I'm helping my mom ease into the primal way of eating and I didn't have her cut out corn because she enjoys it and cutting out breads and beans is a lot of change for her as it is.

Comment

I make pesto with avocado instead of cheese, and reduce the amount of olive oil. the avocado gives it the nice creamyness instead of the cheese. I dump it over chicken, or it is fantastic over sauteed zucchini and eggplant.

Comment

Originally posted by Unicorn View Post
              I make pesto with avocado instead of cheese, and reduce the amount of olive oil. the avocado gives it the nice creamyness instead of the cheese. I dump it over chicken, or it is fantastic over sauteed zucchini and eggplant.
              That is a fantastic idea. Avocados, meet basil....

Comment

Working...
              X