Cholesterol - Why do Traditional HG's have better results than us on Primal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
    ^This. This is why HGs have such low cholesterol.
    That only explains the Ultra low levels to some degree and normal TC seems to be considered in the 200-240 range,
    What about those individuals who are sporting TC over 300, are they ultra clean of parasites?
    There has to be some other fundamental issue with extra high cholesterol, it is either purely genetic or caused by an environmental factor possibly inflamation.
    My question I suppose is:
    If your Total cholesterol is significantly over 250 consistantly, does this indicate there is an underlying issue to be addressed?
    "There are no short cuts to enlightenment, the journey is the destination, you have to walk this path alone"

Comment

I don't know about anyone else but my LDL is only 120, HDL is 67 and Triglycerides were 49. I'd say I'm doing ok.

Comment

Originally posted by abstract View Post
        I don't know about anyone else but my LDL is only 120, HDL is 67 and Triglycerides were 49. I'd say I'm doing ok.
        According to the calculator below your total is 196 and you are nearly perfect.
        Cholesterol HDL/LDL/Triglycerides Ratios Calculator

So another one with great numbers, still wondering about why we need to justify high numbers over 250 TC.
        "There are no short cuts to enlightenment, the journey is the destination, you have to walk this path alone"

Comment

Originally posted by Omni View Post
          According to the calculator below your total is 196 and you are nearly perfect.
          Cholesterol HDL/LDL/Triglycerides Ratios Calculator

So another one with great numbers, still wondering about why we need to justify high numbers over 250 TC.
          I dont think it needs justified at all. What need justification is the chemical alteration of such numbers. The burden of evidence is on the intervention.

Also to even consider cholesterol abnormal have the test taken multiple times since it is proven that there are substantial fluctuations from one day to the next.
          Last edited by Neckhammer; 08-10-2012, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X