Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will eating beets on a regular basis stop my weight loss?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will eating beets on a regular basis stop my weight loss?

So I've become a BIG fan of red and purple beets. I've been making some delicious Borscht and have been having a small bowl on the side with lunch and/or dinner. Due to the natural sugar content of this tuber, I'm wondering if they have the potential to stop or slowdown my weight loss? I've only just started eating primal again, i'm on my 4th day, and don't want to sabotage myself. I've thought of just having them when I work out, which is about twice per week, but that's not good enough! lol.

How much more you want to lose? you look normal human in picture

Beets will not affect you!!!!

Comment

I'm 237 at the moment. In the photo, which was taken in Costa Rica, I was about 220. I've been off of PB for about a year, due to laziness..... and am determined to kick this overweight, high blood pressure, eating lifestyle that I've created for myself. Another reason I like eating them often is because they have the potential to aid people with hypertension. At 27 years old, i'm ready to nip this thing in the butt.

Comment

Maybe you should go back to Costa Rica!!!

Comment

I'd love to! However, I'm in Afghanistan working for the next year and am trying to discipline myself enough to do this right. But I'll be heading to Thailand and the surrounding countries for five weeks in December! Should be interesting eating PB down there, if I can at all.

Comment

Check the charts~ they're pretty close to carrots as far as carbs/sugar goes~

Beets

Carrots

Comment

no, beets will not stop your weightloss. if they're normally integrated into your diet. if you add a bowl of anything on top of everything you'd normally been eating, it will negatively impact weight loss. if you eat it as part of your meal, in lieu of some other part that would have otherwise been there, you're all good.

Comment

Why would you think a specific food would hinder weight loss? It's not the food, it's the amount of food!!!
                "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

If you're doing all other things pretty much right and you're not losing weight, then you can try removing them for a week or two weeks and substituting with greens. However, to start out, you are probably better off with them, especially as having something you really enjoy helps you get started.
                  If you have a few minutes- please take a look at my story, in my journal
                  http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread87400.html
                  I do warn you, I am a copious writer.

Comment

Beets are very healthy. The carbs are negligible...you really don't need to worry about carbs coming from veggies unless you're very sensitive to them. As others have mentioned, if you're not going over your calories-Eat up!
                    $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

Comment

On a good side note, beets will give you a much harder than normal erection, lots of natural nitrates..rejoice.

Comment

How many beets can you possibly eat before you get sick of them?
                        Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

According to nutritondata one 2" diameter beet has 6 g sugar, 2 g fiber, and pretty much nothing else. The nutritional value looks ok too. Maybe if you're worried about it, you could cut out another source of starch/carbs and eat a few beets instead. I don't think a couple of beets a day would stall your weight loss, at least by much. Not much different from eating a couple of medium sized carrots a day.

Comment

I like to cut up some beets and add them to a salad to make it more filling and add some flavor.

Comment

Working...
                            X