No announcement yet.

Made a huge mistake!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My weakness is coconut butter. I'll polish off a jar of the Artisana brand in a week or less. I'll buy the little packets of creamed coconut and tell myself that I'll make it last a week and eat the whole thing in 2-3 days tops. I keep some nuts in the house but don't touch them. One single cashew or whatever will have me devouring half a bag. I'm getting better though, but man!
    Happy Wifey and NEW MOM!
    Pre-preg weight: 130
    Current: 145 (eek!)
    Goal: ??? <-- whatever it takes to get rid of this tire!
    Started Primal in May '12.
    My Blog
    Join the Revolution!

Comment

I've realised this week that i can't keep almond butter in the house, i just can't seem to limit myself either...

Comment

That coconut butter is dangerous.

Hey, I made a great concoction with Trader Joe's raw almond butter mixed with shredded coconut and beef tallow. Really super tasty as the middle layer between Trader Joe's flattened bananas (bottom) and pressed dates with walnuts (top). I cut them into squares and individually wrapped them and store them in the freezer so I'm not too tempted to eat them. I only eat them when hiking.

I want to try new concoctions using coconut butter and other things mixed together. But unfortunately every time I buy a jar of coconut butter it somehow disappears without me making anything with it.
        Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
          That coconut butter is dangerous.

Hey, I made a great concoction with Trader Joe's raw almond butter mixed with shredded coconut and beef tallow. Really super tasty as the middle layer between Trader Joe's flattened bananas (bottom) and pressed dates with walnuts (top). I cut them into squares and individually wrapped them and store them in the freezer so I'm not too tempted to eat them. I only eat them when hiking.

I want to try new concoctions using coconut butter and other things mixed together. But unfortunately every time I buy a jar of coconut butter it somehow disappears without me making anything with it.
          This sounds great!!! I've been looking for something to take for long hikes.

Comment

no nut butters in this house also. once it's open, i'm in there with a spoon til i am about sick and/or it's gone. whichever comes first.

almonds live in the freezer at my b/f's house.
            As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Working...
            X