grass-fed omega ratio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grass-fed omega ratio

I found a rancher who raises grass-fed and finished cows. He says the omega 3/6 for his cattle is 1/1. Can beef have such a ratio?

It sure can. Slanker's Meats (a company from Texas that sells their grass-fed meats online) had an analysis done on their beef and there was a 1:1 O3/O6 ratio. So it is possible. Whether yours is or not I can't say.
    I never know what to put in these things. I write songs!

Comment

Where is the rancher phigment? Is he local?
      You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
      height 5'3
      SW 215 lbs
      CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
      LW 172 lbs
      GW 125ish lbs

Comment

its deep roots. There product can be found at wards. And they come to the downtown farmers market the first wednesday of every month. Its cheaper by the pond getting it from him. He really loves to talk about the grass his cattle graze on.

Comment

It's possible, sure, but unlikely. As I'm sure you realize, depending on which of the thousands of varieties of grass a cow or other ruminant is consuming, it can have completely different levels of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, proteins, and fats. It is entirely plausible that given the right combination of grasses in the animal's diet, it could achieve a 1:1 omega ratio.

It seems unlikely, but that doesn't mean impossible.
          "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Thanks. I have seen it at Wards but wow it is expensive. I will try him at the farmers market. He has good meat. Joe's Place served it before they shut down.
            You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
            height 5'3
            SW 215 lbs
            CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
            LW 172 lbs
            GW 125ish lbs

Comment

Working...
            X