Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it really about low carb or calories in/out?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by abc123 View Post
    My guess & understanding..

in the fundamental sense, assuming metabolism is perfectly fresh, healed, in balance & running pure & healthy, calories in/calories out are the only thing that matters.. My concern is, I don't know 1 person (with the exception of the immune system & digestive system of an infant) that has a metabolism that doesn't need to be healed, or consistently in the repair shop.. As you age, my guess is, it becomes impossible to run a constantly "healthy" metabolism..

The best diet is one built to sync with your particular body, genetics, & immune system, @ that particular time.. "Listen to your body".. "Understand your body & its reactions to certain foods".. No 2 bodies are the same, we are all unique snowflakes, no absolute principle applies to the same body, all the time.. & as we eat everyday, your body adapts, inflames, changes, reacts, etc. to what you've eaten from years past..

Do you have high blood pressure? Is there anything in your gene pool that exposes you to threats others may not be threatened by? How stressed do you get @ work? Do you have a sugar sensitivity? Do you a severe gluten intolerance & if you do, how many years of eating gluten did you endure before you realizing certain foods were creating leaky gut? How much alcohol are you drinking & how long have you drank? We all have damage, I don't know anyone who doesn't.. The question is, to what extent is your damage & how you can repair & "heal", with what foods.. All these questions affect the calories you ingest.. We are all damaged in some form or fashion.. Calories in / Calories out is so far down the list of things a "HEALTH" conscious body should concerned with.. Biggest concern: what type of foods work with my body, genetic, & lifestyle.. Then, we'll approach the "amounts" of those foods to consume..

My advice: Learn to LISTEN to your body.. HEAL your body first (which could take years of discipline, & clean eating for your genetic) or the fundamentals mean nothing.. I have celiac & mega sugar sensitivity.. To me, sugar & gluten are the most toxic things I could put in my body bc I react horribly to it, even when consuming some fruit.. I don't think I'm alone in this, & I probably pay more attention to how my body reacts to certain foods than most.. I know the way I'm supposed to "feel" now after I eat, so I can now begin eliminating or limiting foods that don't correspond with that feeling.. Food allergies are very common but most aren't paying attention to the little red flags.. I personally battle digesting starches well.. They give me gas, bloating, & sometimes skin reaction.. Sweet potato is totally primal.. BUT, sweet potatoes do not work for me.. Higher Fat diet calms my body, I'm now realizing this after years of experimenting.. Food allergies are very common, but many think bc someone in this forum said potatoes are a great starch & eating 2lbs of them, post workout, is a great carb refeed, so it must be good for me.. WRONG.. Try it out, your digestive system may not be healed enough to digest this correctly..

If there's anything thats constant in this life, its change.. Learn to roll with the nutritional punches.. Your body changes, it adapts, it grows, it gets sick, stressed out, it aches, it ages, & on & on.. My bodys nutrtional needs even seem to change with weather.. this is normal, & will never change.. Everything is connected, learn to feed it what it needs in different situations.. (the stoner in me is coming out

Calories in, Calories out makes sense in a fundmental manner, but the question we should be asking is, (IMO) how can I "heal" my body? what foods "work" with my body? What foods make me healthier, digest correctly, & nourish me.. Afer we figure that out, we can then begin playing with caloric #'s & let our weight shift up & down in a healthy manner.. I've seen a lot of skinny UNHEALTHY people.. I've also seen a lot of heavier, very healthy people.. Not all "healthy" foods, make every immune system "healthier"..

Become a master of your immune system.. Listen to your body, nail down the foods that sync with your digestive system, then you can play with the numbers, using those foods, to moderate the scale..
    +1 This has been my experience, as I've gone through the various stages of my life

Comment

Originally posted by jojohaligo View Post
      How does this contribute to the OPs original question? : )
      The OP's question has been addressed 1000 times on this forum. I'm content to sit back, eat some popcorn, and watch the fireworks

Comment

Originally posted by oxide View Post
        No, it's not all about calories in/calories out.

I use this analogy. You have an electric car. You put a 2-gallon can of gas in the back seat. Does the car burn the gas? No. When the car runs out of electric fuel, does it burn the gas? No. The car demands more electricity instead, and the gas stays in the back seat.

Our bodies are the same way. If your genes are adapted to sugar burning, then excess energy stays in your back seat as fat. Even if you burn ALL your sugar by restricting your calories, your body STILL doesn't burn the fat. Instead, it demands more sugar.* Because you're a sugar burner, your body essentially can't see the fat -- exactly like the electric car that doesn't see the can of gas. Your body can sort of burn the fat, but it's very hard and it takes a long time. By that time, you eat another sugar meal and your body gloms onto the sugar and forgets about the fat. That's why it's so hard to lose fat.

But if you ditch the sugar -- entirely, mind you, no half-measures -- your body protests for a couple weeks (carb flu) and then your genes adapt to burning fat. THAT'S when the calorie restriction will kick in and do its magic. If you restrict your fat calories -- easy to do because fat makes you feel full -- then when your body runs out of fat fuel, it DOES see the fat sitting around your middle and in your back seat , and body says, "Hey lookie, I know what THAT is! I can burn that while I'm waiting for the next fat meal."

That's the weight loss aspect of Primal Blueprint in a nutshell. There are other health benefits but that's a separate topic.

-------------
        *it also doesn't help that our main source of sugar, wheat, is a mildly addictive drug. So not only does your body want wheat sugar to burn as fuel, it wants a LOT of it for the addcitve aspect. That's why it's so hard to restrict calories.

Thank you for this interesting metaphor. It seems to work like that for me.

I did notice in my 40s that things started to change for me. Weight came on out of nowhere. Exercise didn't seem to help at all. (Bicycle commuting--why oh why did it work for old Barbara, the 70+ old lady riding everywhere in my town, but not for me?) So I tried ever more extreme exercise. I thought I found the secret: 14 hours a day of exercise. Yay! Finally not fat (not thin either, and terribly hungry.) Then the weight gain began anew. Noooo!!!! Not fair! How on earth can you gain weight and exercise 14 hours a day?? Tried calorie restriction. No luck at ALL. Only misery, hunger, forcing myself to move more without the energy to do it. Crying over salads. Tried carb restriction. Success at last. HUGE and painful transition period. Then, plenty of energy, better mood, far less hunger, spontaneous effortless calorie restriction. Could even fast 23 hours.

Now I'm fairly thin and finding it difficult to get to the next level without a lot of hunger. Gots me lots of shrunken fat cells yelling to fill 'em up again. Maybe all shrunken like that my leptin signaling is too reduced. Maybe at my age I'll just never look 25 again. I guess old Barbara doesn't look 25 either. I'm guessing she wouldn't be caught dead in a bikini.

Thanks for the info on kale. I still don't get how vegans can eat it raw and eat so much of it. I guess kale chips are their way of pretending it's still raw.
        Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

I tried to kale make chips once. I found out it's easy to scarf an entire bunch of kale (3-4 regular servings) in one sitting. The chips also disintigrated into flakes which make my teeth look like they had green measles. I couldn't leave the house without major brushing and flossing.

Lawyerchick, I don't want to say what I've been eating at the moment, because I have been a Very Bad Girl the past month or so. However, when I am a Good Girl, here is what I aim to eat:

Breakfast
          Blueberry smoothie*
          2 hard-boiled eggs with a mix of kelp flakes and salt.
          2 brazil nuts.
          sometimes: 1x4 piece of kombu kelp (iodine, y'all)

NO SNACKIES (the smoothie was not enough for me. My stomach would growl at 10:30 am. When I added the eggs I forgot about lunch)

Lunch:
          0.3 pound of ground beef with doctored tomato sauce** OR Chicken soup***
          1/2 cup cooked veggie -- kale, green beans, red cabbage, broccoli
          1/4 cup another cooked veggie -- carrot, bell pepper, onion and mushroom
          1 square 85% Chocolate
          Tea with stevia

NO SNACKIES (if you're in really bad straits, save the chocolate for a snack.)

Dinner
          1/2 can canned salmon (3 oz) or 1 can sardines or 1 can tuna.
          raw munchie veggie
          Bulletproof hot cocoa (if I feel like it)**** If it's hot, I'll add stevia and True Lemon to seltzer water for a no-calorie soda.

I haven't bothered to plug that into fitday but without the bulletproof cocoa it's about 1200-1300 calories and ~70 grams protein and oh I don't know, maybe 110 carbs(?). That's good for me to maintain with NO exercise. I believe myself to be lucky in that I don't seem to be as sensitive and gain weight on sugar carbs as other people. I still gain, but I have a lot more leeway.

Based on your other posts, you're snacking on hard candy at work (?). If you're not careful, that could easily give you another 100 carbs of sugar, and it may even turn you back into a sugar burner.

Because I've been a Very Bad Girl, I've been gaining a bit, and I'm sure I'm losing muscle, and I might be going back into sugar-burn mode. BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD. Next week I'm going to do a primal reset. I plan to re-primalize my home and office. Stuff myself to the gills with fat and protein. Plan for a mini carb flu. Once I'm back to fat burn, I'll decrease the calories again. Plus I need to restart some balance ball exercise videos for strength. I used to do them, then stopped because of tendonitis and a bad bug bite and depression and moving and all manner of excuses. I need to get back into it. When I get good, I put on ankle and wrist weights. I don't mind a little jumping with the balance ball, but I DESPISE PURE CARDIO.

-------------------
          *8 ounces blueberries + 3 scoops whey powder + 1/2 cup greek yog + 1/2 cup CO milk + 14 oz green tea. Makes three smoothies.
          **coat an 8x8 pan with CO, mix 1.2 lbs ground beef + italian spices. Press flat into pan, cook 45 mins, cut into meat cubes. For sauce, saute some onion and maybe some bell pepper in butter. Mix in a can diced tomatoes (14 oz) and fresh basil leaves and pink salt. Serve over beef. Makes four servings..
          ***Take a whole 4lb chicken or chicken thighs, and cover with water with some veg broth. Boil 2 hr. Pick out all the meat. Take the broth, add diced celery carrots turnips and some other veg + parsley and salt, cook 1/2 hour. Add in chicken meat. Makes four big servings.
          ****1 heaping tablespoon cocoa powder, 1 small teaspoon CO, stevia, vanilla extract, two tablespoons butter, big cup boiling water. Let it all melt up, then use hand blender.
          Last edited by oxide; 08-08-2012, 03:31 PM. Reason: I can't spell.
          5'0" female, 45 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Gained back to 115(!) on SAD chocolate, potato chips, and stress. Currently 111.

Comment

Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
            The OP's question has been addressed 1000 times on this forum. I'm content to sit back, eat some popcorn, and watch the fireworks
            aahahaha! I'll have to file this away for later.
            Female, age 51, 5' 9"
            SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
            2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
              Can someone explain kale chips to me. What is the fascination? Is it that they are some kind of vehicle for parmesan cheese? I'll admit I've never had kale chips and I'm suspicious of their popularity. In fact, I'm suspicious of the popularity of kale as a whole. Those vegan kale salads which I've tried at potlucks are like eating gorilla leaves. Seriously, kale is the decoration around salad bars, not real food. The exception is black kale which is pretty good when stir fried.

I was at Costco earlier today and there is a whole cookbook there devoted specifically to kale (I didn't buy it). And I have just had kale chips for the first time at my niece's just yesterday and my verdict is...meh.
              Female, age 51, 5' 9"
              SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
              2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Comment

it's both sugar/starch and calories in/out. IOW it's leptin/insulin response to high GI carbs and the affects on hunger

Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Comment

That's a really good video. Thanks for posting it.

If it weren't for hunger getting in the way the whole calorie balance thing would be so easy. So why are we hungry? I think that J. Stanton does a really good job of explaining.

Index (Start Here) - GNOLLS.ORG
                  Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by oxide View Post
                    I tried to kale make chips once. I found out it's easy to scarf an entire bunch of kale (3-4 regular servings) in one sitting. The chips also disintigrated into flakes which make my teeth look like they had green measles. I couldn't leave the house without major brushing and flossing.

Lawyerchick, I don't want to say what I've been eating at the moment, because I have been a Very Bad Girl the past month or so. However, when I am a Good Girl, here is what I aim to eat:

Breakfast
                    Blueberry smoothie*
                    2 hard-boiled eggs with a mix of kelp flakes and salt.
                    2 brazil nuts.
                    sometimes: 1x4 piece of kombu kelp (iodine, y'all)

NO SNACKIES (the smoothie was not enough for me. My stomach would growl at 10:30 am. When I added the eggs I forgot about lunch)

Lunch:
                    0.3 pound of ground beef with doctored tomato sauce** OR Chicken soup***
                    1/2 cup cooked veggie -- kale, green beans, red cabbage, broccoli
                    1/4 cup another cooked veggie -- carrot, bell pepper, onion and mushroom
                    1 square 85% Chocolate
                    Tea with stevia

NO SNACKIES (if you're in really bad straits, save the chocolate for a snack.)

Dinner
                    1/2 can canned salmon (3 oz) or 1 can sardines or 1 can tuna.
                    raw munchie veggie
                    Bulletproof hot cocoa (if I feel like it)**** If it's hot, I'll add stevia and True Lemon to seltzer water for a no-calorie soda.

I haven't bothered to plug that into fitday but without the bulletproof cocoa it's about 1200-1300 calories and ~70 grams protein and oh I don't know, maybe 110 carbs(?). That's good for me to maintain with NO exercise. I believe myself to be lucky in that I don't seem to be as sensitive and gain weight on sugar carbs as other people. I still gain, but I have a lot more leeway.

Based on your other posts, you're snacking on hard candy at work (?). If you're not careful, that could easily give you another 100 carbs of sugar, and it may even turn you back into a sugar burner.

Because I've been a Very Bad Girl, I've been gaining a bit, and I'm sure I'm losing muscle, and I might be going back into sugar-burn mode. BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD. Next week I'm going to do a primal reset. I plan to re-primalize my home and office. Stuff myself to the gills with fat and protein. Plan for a mini carb flu. Once I'm back to fat burn, I'll decrease the calories again. Plus I need to restart some balance ball exercise videos for strength. I used to do them, then stopped because of tendonitis and a bad bug bite and depression and moving and all manner of excuses. I need to get back into it. When I get good, I put on ankle and wrist weights. I don't mind a little jumping with the balance ball, but I DESPISE PURE CARDIO.

-------------------
                    *8 ounces blueberries + 3 scoops whey powder + 1/2 cup greek yog + 1/2 cup CO milk + 14 oz green tea. Makes three smoothies.
                    **coat an 8x8 pan with CO, mix 1.2 lbs ground beef + italian spices. Press flat into pan, cook 45 mins, cut into meat cubes. For sauce, saute some onion and maybe some bell pepper in butter. Mix in a can diced tomatoes (14 oz) and fresh basil leaves and pink salt. Serve over beef. Makes four servings..
                    ***Take a whole 4lb chicken or chicken thighs, and cover with water with some veg broth. Boil 2 hr. Pick out all the meat. Take the broth, add diced celery carrots turnips and some other veg + parsley and salt, cook 1/2 hour. Add in chicken meat. Makes four big servings.
                    ****1 heaping tablespoon cocoa powder, 1 small teaspoon CO, stevia, vanilla extract, two tablespoons butter, big cup boiling water. Let it all melt up, then use hand blender.
                    Thank you so much for the detailed information. I have stopped eating hard candy at work, and my lower belly is flatter as a result and thanking for that, I am sure . Anywho thanks again!

Comment

Take 2 people on 2000 calories.

Person 1: Pizzas, sodas, chips, popcorn, bread, cereal bowls, spaghetti, lettuce, and regular yogurt (with sugar). An equal division of each.

Person 2: Blueberries, plain Greek Yogurt, Steaks, diet soda, nuts, milk, cabbage, apples, chicken liver. An equal division of each.

Same amount of calories. Assume that all else being equal i.e. no inherited disease, equal activity, no supplementation, etc. I bet you person 2 comes off MUCH better--and I've even included stuff like diet soda, and dairy, and nuts that (some) think is no good. This tells me it's not JUST about calories, though of course they matter.

Even if one loses wait on calories on a SAD, probably they're hungry a lot AND they'll be skinny-fat.

Comment

That's a really good video. Thanks for posting it.

If it weren't for hunger getting in the way the whole calorie balance thing would be so easy. So why are we hungry? I think that J. Stanton does a really good job of explaining.

Index (Start Here) - GNOLLS.ORG
                        You're welcome. Here's the full 7+ part full program
                        The Skinny on Obesity (Ep. 1): An Epidemic for Every Body - YouTube
                        Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Comment

Originally posted by VeggieLover View Post
                          But if it comes down to calorie restriction isn't it better to eat a vegan diet?
                          A vegan diet can be anything from Coke and vegetable oil fried potato fries on white bread to peanut buttered toast. If you're asking whether a high fruit and vegetable diet is good for weight then yes it can be useful. Although protein is the most satiating macro nutrient and isn't as available in a vegan diet. Eggs and meat can be great for weight loss. Throw in lots of fruit and veges and it makes weight loss much more tolerable.

Originally posted by VeggieLover View Post
                          Also, if the claim is that eating fat/protein/low carb helps your body burn fat, isn't it fair to assume it is just the fact that you are in a caloric deficit, which promotes body fat loss? In that case maybe you can lose weight successfully on a different diet?
                          Lol. Well, there is a FEW other diets you could also lose weight on...

Frozen Food Diets
                          Fruitarian (Fruit Diet)
                          Fruitarian Diet (The Path to Paradise)
                          Fruit Flush
                          Full Diet
                          The Gabriel Method
                          Gain Weight Diet
                          The Game On Diet
                          Gene Smart Diet
                          Genetic Diet
                          The Genotype Diet
                          Get Lean Diet
                          Get Ready Diet
                          Ghrelin Diet
                          Gluten Free Daily
                          Gluten Free Dairy Free Diet Recipes
                          Gluten-Free Diet
                          Gluten Free Fat Loss
                          Healthy Brain Diet
                          Healthy Living Diet
                          Heart Attack Proof Diet
                          Heart Healthy Diet
                          Herbalife Weight Loss Program (ShapeWorks)
                          Hershberg Diet
                          High Fiber Diet (and diverticulitis diet)
                          High Protein Diets
                          Hilton Head Metabolism Diet
                          Hip and Thigh Diet
                          Holistic Diet
                          Hollywood Cookie Diet (Meal Replacement)
                          Hollywood Diet
                          Hollywood Trainer Weight-loss Plan
                          Holy Grail Body Transformation
                          Hormone Diet: The Perfect 10
                          Hot Latin Diet
                          How The Rich Get Thin
                          How to Lose Weight Forever
                          How to Lower Your Cholesterol
                          Hungry Girl: Lisa Lillien
                          Hunter Farmer Diet
                          Hypnosis Weight Loss
                          I Diet
                          IBS Diet - High Fiber Approach
                          IBS Diet - Low Starch Approach
                          Idiot Proof Diet
                          I Love This Diet
                          In Defense of Food: Michael Pollen
                          Inside Out Diet: Liver Cleansing
                          Instinct Diet
                          Instinctive Nutrition
                          iPhone Weight Loss
                          Israeli Army Diet
                          Italian Diet
                          Jackie Warner Diet
                          Janet Jackson Diet
                          Japanese Diet
                          Jennifer Hudson Diet
                          Jenny Craig
                          Jenny For Men
                          Jump Start Juicer System
                          Jungle Effect
                          Just Stop Eating so Much!
                          Just Tell Me What To Eat
                          Just The Rules
                          Jerusalem Diet
                          Jillian Michaels
                          Joy Bauer's Food Cures
                          Joy's Life Diet
                          Juice Diet
                          Juice Fasts
                          Karl Lagerfeld Diet
                          Ketogenic Diets
                          Kick Start Diet
                          Kids Diets
                          Kimkins Diet
                          Kim Lyons' Your Body, Your Life
                          The Kind Diet
                          LA Weight Loss
                          Lactose Interolance
                          Lean Diet
                          Lemonade Diet
                          Leptin Diets
                          Lifestyle Cut Diet
                          Lighten Up- Loretta LaRoche
                          Lindora - Lean for Life
                          Liquid Diets
                          Live Food Factor
                          Liver Cleansing Diet
                          Living Food Diet
                          Living Low-Carb
                          Locally Grown Food Diet
                          Longevity Diet
                          Look Ten Years Younger
                          Lose Weight Without Dieting or Working Out
                          Losing the Last 15 Pounds
                          Low Carb Diets
                          Low Carb Living
                          Low Fat Diets
                          Low Glycemic Diets
                          Low Protein Diets
                          Low Glycemic Recipes
                          Low Sodium Diet
                          Low Starch Diet
                          Lunch Box Diet
                          Macrobiotic Diet
                          Macronutrient Diet
                          Makeover Diet
                          Maker's Diet
                          Man Diet
                          Maqui Berry Diet
                          Marilu Henner Diet
                          Martha's Vineyard Detox Diet
                          Martini Diet
                          Master Cleanser
                          Master Your Metabolism
                          Mayo Clinic Diet (fad)
                          Mayo Clinic Plan (Official)
                          McDougall Diet
                          Medical Marijuana Recipes
                          Medifast
                          Mediterranean Diet
                          MediterrAsian Way
                          Metabolic Balance
                          Metabolism Diet
                          Metabolism Miracle
                          Michael Thurmond: Six Day Body Makeover
                          Michael Thurmond's 6-Week Makeover
                          Millenium Diet
                          Mindful Eating Diet
                          Mindless Eating
                          Models Diet
                          Most Decadent Diet Ever
                          Muscle Growth Diet
                          Mucusless Diet
                          My Big Fat Greek Diet
                          My Diva Diet
                          MyPyramid
                          Naturally Thin
                          Neanderthin
                          Negative Calorie Diet
                          Never Say Diet
                          New Abs Diet
                          New Atkins Diet Plan
                          New Me Diet: Hormone Balancing
                          New Sonoma Diet
                          New York Diet
                          No Fad Diet
                          No Flour, No Sugar Diet
                          No Grain Diet
                          No S Diet
                          No White Foods Diet
                          Nourishing Traditions
                          Now Eat This!
                          Nu-Kitchen Meal Delivery
                          Nutrigenomic Diet
                          NutriSystem
                          NutriSystem Diabetic Diet
                          O2 Diet
                          Oatmeal Diet
                          Okinawa Diet
                          Omega Diet
                          OMG Diet
                          On-line Diets
                          Oprah Diet
                          OPTIFAST Diet
                          Ornish Diet
                          Osteoporosis Diet
                          P90X Nutrition Plan
                          Packaged Food Diets
                          Paleo Diet
                          Paleo Diet for Athletes
                          Paleo Recipes
                          Pancreas Diet
                          Park Avenue Diet
                          Peanut Butter Diet
                          Pen and Paper Diet
                          The Perfect Body Diet
                          Perfect Health Diet
                          Perfect Weight America: Jordan Rubin
                          Perricone Diet (Skin Care)
                          Personality Type Diet
                          Petite Advantage Diet
                          pH Miracle Diet
                          Picture Perfect Weight Loss
                          PINK Method Diet
                          Plant Based Diet
                          Plateau Breaking Diet
                          Pocket Diet
                          Popular Diets
                          Power Foods Recipes
                          Power of Thin
                          Pregnancy Diet
                          Pregnancy Diet (vegetarian)
                          Primal Blueprint: Paleolithic Diet
                          Primal Body, Primal Mind
                          Pritikin Diet
                          Promiscuous Eating
                          Prostate
                          Protein Power
                          Quantum Eating
                          Quantum Wellness
                          Quick Weight Loss Diets
                          Rapid Fat Loss Diet
                          Raw Food Cleanse
                          Raw Food Diet
                          Raw Food Diet: Eating in the Raw
                          Raw Food Detox Diet
                          Raw Food Fat Loss
                          Raw Food For Real People
                          Raw Foodist Guide
                          Raw Food Recipes
                          Raw Food Revolution Diet
                          RealAge Diet
                          Real Food Diet
                          Reality Diet
                          The Remedy
                          Resistant Starch
                          Reverse Diet
                          Reversing Diabetes
                          Rice Diet
                          Robin Takes 5
                          Rosedale Diet
                          Runners Diet
                          Sacred Heart diet
                          Sainsburys Diets
                          Salad Diet
                          Scarsdale Diet
                          The Schwarzbein Principle
                          Seattle Sutton
                          Self Healing Colitis and Crohn’s Diet
                          Sensa:The Sprinkle diet
                          Setting Boundaries with Food
                          Seven Day Diet
                          ShapeWorks (Herbalife Weight Loss Program)
                          Shangri-La Diet
                          Shape Your Self
                          Shrink Yourself: Stop Emotional Eating
                          Simple Paleo Diet
                          Simple Weight Loss
                          Six Weeks to OMG
                          The Skinny (Little Black Dress Diet)
                          Skinny Bitch
                          The Skinny Diet
                          Skinny Switch Secret Diet
                          Slim4Life
                          Slim Calm Sexy Diet
                          Slim Fast
                          Slimming World
                          Smart For Life Cookie Diet
                          Smarter Science of Slim
                          Sneaky Chef
                          The Solution
                          Sonoma Diet
                          South Beach Diet
                          South Beach Diet Supercharged
                          South Beach Wake-Up Call
                          SparkPeople
                          Special K Diet
                          Specific Carbohydrate Diet
                          Spectrum Diet
                          Starch Solution
                          Step Diet
                          Stress Eater Diet
                          Strip The Fat
                          Structure House Diet
                          St. Tropez Diet
                          Subway Diet
                          Sugar Addicts Diet
                          Sugar Busters
                          Sugar Solution
                          Sunfood Diet
                          Super Cleanse
                          Super Foods Health Style Diet
                          Superfood Recipes
                          Super Immunity Diet
                          Supermarket Diet
                          Supermodel Diet
                          Suzanne Somers Diet
                          Suzanne Somers Sexy Forever
                          Swiss Secret to Ultimate Health
                          Tapeworm Diet
                          Teens and Kids Diets
                          Total Health Makeover
                          Total Wellness Cleanse Diet
                          Tracy Anderson Method
                          True You: Janet Jackson
                          Truth About Diets
                          Thermogenic Weight Loss
                          This Is Why You're Fat
                          Three Day Diet
                          Three Hour Diet
                          Thrive Foods Plant Based Recipes
                          Thrive: Vegan Triathlete Diet
                          Turbocharged Diet
                          UltraMetabolism plan
                          Ultimate Tea Diet
                          Ultimate Weight Loss Solution
                          UltraSimple Diet
                          USDA Food Guide Pyramid (1992)
                          USDA Food Guide Pyramid (2005)
                          Vegan Cookbook
                          Vegan Cookbook (quick and easy)
                          Veganist
                          Vegan Diet Deficiencies
                          Vegetarian Diet
                          Very Low Calorie Diets
                          Volumetrics
                          Volumetrics Diet
                          Vice Busting Diet: Breaking Bad Food Habits
                          Wall Street Diet
                          Warrior Diet
                          Weight Loss Course
                          Weight Loss Cure
                          Weight Loss Grail
                          Weight Loss Kick Start
                          Weight Watchers
                          Weight Loss 4 Idiots
                          What's Your Diet Type
                          Wheat Belly diet

Comment

Originally posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
                            Lol. Well, there is a FEW other diets you could also lose weight on...
                            You missed A-E lol
                            My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

If it weren't for hunger getting in the way the whole calorie balance thing would be so easy.
                              Just when I thought your metabolic advantage definition above couldn't be topped...

Way off topic: Has anyone on this forum read The Primal Blueprint?

There is a huge difference between talking about how to do something and getting it fucking done.

Comment

Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
                                You missed A-E lol
                                Lol.

Here you go.

100 Calorie Diet
                                101 Optimal Life Foods Diet
                                101 Things to Do Before You Diet
                                180 Degree Metabolism Diet
                                12 Steps to Raw Foods Diet
                                1200 Calorie Diet
                                1500 Calorie Diet Cookbook
                                17 Day Diet
                                21 Day Detox
                                21 Day Diet
                                21 Pounds in 21 Days
                                28 Day Raw Detox
                                3 Apple a Day Diet
                                3 Day Diet
                                3 Day Solution Plan
                                3 Hour Diet
                                30 Day Vegan Challenge
                                321 Baby Bulge Be Gone
                                4 Day Diet
                                4 Hour Body
                                4 Week Detox Diet
                                40 Days to Better Living
                                400 Calorie Fix Diet
                                5 Day Miracle Diet
                                5 Factor Diet
                                5 Factor World Diet
                                52 Weight Loss Missions
                                6 Day Body Makeover
                                6 Week Body Makeover
                                6 Weeks to OMG Diet
                                7 Day Diet
                                7 Secrets to Beauty, Health, and Longevity
                                18 Pounds in 4 Days
                                80 10 10 Diet
                                Abs Diet
                                Acai Berry Diet
                                Acid-Alkaline Diets
                                Acid Reflux Diet
                                Acne Diet
                                ADHD Diet
                                Ali Vincent Diet
                                Alpha Male Challenge
                                Alternate Day Diet
                                Amazing Body Now
                                Amen Solution
                                Anabolic Diet
                                Ani's Raw Food Asia
                                Anne Collins Weight Loss Program
                                Anti-Aging Diet
                                Anticancer Diet
                                Anti Estrogenic Diet
                                Anti-Inflammation Diet
                                Apo E Gene Diet
                                3 Apple a Day Diet
                                Apple Cider Vinegar Diet
                                Aquavore Diet
                                Arthritis Diet
                                Atkins Diet
                                Awareness Diet
                                Baby Boomer Diet
                                Banana Diet
                                Beauty Detox
                                Beauty Diet
                                Beck Diet
                                Belly Fat Cure
                                Belly Fat Diet
                                Bernstein Diet
                                Best Diet For Me
                                Best Life Diet
                                Beverly Hills Diet
                                New Beverly Hills Diet
                                Beyond Broccoli
                                Beyond Diet
                                Beyond The 120 Year Diet
                                Big Breakfast Diet
                                Biggest Loser Club
                                Biggest Loser Success Stories
                                Bikini Bootcamp
                                Binge Eating and Compulsive Overeating
                                Birchall Diet
                                Bistro MD
                                Blood Sugar Diet
                                Blood Type Diet
                                Blue Zones
                                Bob Harper Diet
                                Bodychef UK
                                Body By Design
                                Body Cleansing Diets
                                Body Detoxifying Diet
                                Body Ecology Diet
                                Body for Life
                                Body Building Diet
                                Body Confidence
                                Bodytrim Diet
                                Bonus Years Diet: Foods For Longevity
                                Brazilian Bikini Body Program
                                Bread for Life Diet
                                Breast Cancer Diet
                                Bridal Bootcamp
                                British Heart Foundation Diet
                                Brown Fat Revolution Diet
                                Cabbage Soup Diet
                                Calorie Restriction
                                Cambridge Diet
                                Cancer Diet
                                Cancer Survivor's Guide
                                Candida
                                Carb Lovers Diet
                                Carbohydrate Addicts
                                Cardiac Diet
                                Cardio Free Diet
                                Change One (Reader's Digest)
                                The Cheater's Diet
                                Children's Diet Programs
                                Chocolate Diet
                                Cholesterol Diet
                                Cholesterol Lowering Diet
                                Choose to Lose
                                Cinch Diet
                                The Clean Diet
                                Clean Green and Lean
                                Coconut Diet
                                Cookie Diet
                                Cook Yourself Thin Cookbook
                                Core Balance Diet
                                Crack the Fat Loss Code
                                Crazy Sexy Diet
                                CR Way: Calorie Restriction for Longevity
                                CSIRO Diet
                                Culinary Intelligence
                                Cure for Diabetes
                                Curves Diet
                                Dancer's Diet
                                DASH Diet
                                Delivered Diets
                                Designer Diet
                                Detox Diets
                                Detox For Women
                                Detox Strategy
                                Diabetes Diet for Seniors
                                Diabetes DTOUR Diet
                                Diabetic Diet
                                Diet Denominator
                                Diet Diva Diabetic Cookbook
                                Diet Divas
                                Dieting Myths
                                Diet Joke
                                Diet Selector
                                Diet Smart
                                The Diet Solution
                                Diet Success Strategies
                                DietWatch
                                Diet to Go Review
                                Diuretics and Diet
                                Diverticulitis Diet (also diverticulosis)
                                Doctor's Orders
                                Dr Whitaker Diet
                                The Dorm Room Diet
                                Dr Amanda's Don't Go Hungry Diet
                                Dr Bernstein Diet
                                Dr Feingold Diet
                                Dr Jo Diet
                                Dr Kushner's Diet (personality diet)
                                Dr Seigals Cookie Diet
                                Drop 10 Pounds Diet
                                Dukan Diet
                                Duke Diet