Gelatin?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gelatin?

I've read taking gelatin can help with snappy joints? Has anyone found this to be true? I snap crackle and pop with every step (I guess I won't be sneaking up on anyone!). How much did you take and how long until it made a difference?
    Happy Wifey and NEW MOM!
    Pre-preg weight: 130
    Current: 145 (eek!)
    Goal: ??? <-- whatever it takes to get rid of this tire!
    Started Primal in May '12.
    My Blog
    Join the Revolution!

Bump?
    Happy Wifey and NEW MOM!
    My Blog
    Join the Revolution!

Comment

I don't know whether it can or not, but I do know that it seems to help with strengthening ligaments and tendons (n=1 experiment). I have been told by a physiotherapist that a lot of the noise from snappy joints comes from ligaments and tendons rather than bones, so there might be a correlation?

Comment

I have noticed that most of me has been popping less and less since I've been eating bone broth regularly. I still pop my neck, though - but lately it won't pop the way I like it to. So, in my one-person experience, yes - I pop less.
        Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Thanks all. I'll keep taking the gelatin and hope that this crackling does in fact go away. It's getting old announcing my entry into a room in this manner, lol. I like to add a packet of gelatin to a hot chocolate made with cacao powder, stevia and coconut milk, if anyone is looking for a way to take it. Super yummy midday treat.
          Happy Wifey and NEW MOM!
          My Blog
          Join the Revolution!

Comment

Working...
          X