No announcement yet.

Way more energy when I don't eat...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm well that all makes sense. It's just that it's recently started happening, I suppose that's why I don't understand it.

And @sbhikes: All the raw "baked" goods are what made me gain weight years ago. They're delicious, but not worth it. And yeah raw veg and fruit is easy to do, it's just being able to afford raw/safe animal products that is an issue.
    "The mountains are calling and I must go."
    --John Muir

"I don't know what's wrong with me, but I love this shit."
    --Tommy Caldwell

‎"Think like a geek. Eat like a hunter. Train like a fighter. Look like a model. Live beyond."
    --Hyperlithic

Comment

Originally posted by mom5booklover View Post
      You may have some adrenal issues. When your adrenals are low you can have trouble digesting proteins. Maybe see what happens if you eat less protein at once.
      I agree, it might be protein digestion/synthesis/absorption issues, which can in fact affect people in many of the ways described.

I'd suggest taking the HCL acid test (Google it), then determine the amount of HCL to take w/ each protein meal, eat less protein w/ each meal, CHEW your food very well & slowly, try those tweaks & see if you feel better/more energy after eating. I use Betain HCL w/ fenugreek, bought retail for now. It's 90 tabs for about 10 bucks & I take 3 tabs/meal & I'm looking to purchase some in bulk/wholesale soon.
      Last edited by Betorq; 08-12-2012, 05:10 AM.
      "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
      "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
      "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Comment

I've been experiencing the same thing. Just yesterday after having my good meaty meal, all I wanted to do was sleep! I couldn't keep my eyes open.
        "You can have it all, but how much do you want it?"

Comment

why don't you just eat sporatically, ie. like you were intermitent fasting?. Just have one or two big meals from say 5-9pm, that way you would have energy all day.

Comment

Originally posted by Lukey View Post
            why don't you just eat sporatically, ie. like you were intermitent fasting?. Just have one or two big meals from say 5-9pm, that way you would have energy all day.
            That's close to how I usually eat, actually...energy in the morning and on until sometime in the afternoon until I decide to eat! My window of eating isn't that small though, so idk if that makes a difference.
            "The mountains are calling and I must go."
            --John Muir

"I don't know what's wrong with me, but I love this shit."
            --Tommy Caldwell

‎"Think like a geek. Eat like a hunter. Train like a fighter. Look like a model. Live beyond."
            --Hyperlithic

Comment

Working...
            X