Sugar messes me up.. I think.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sugar messes me up.. I think.

My diet has been all out of whack lately.. and I've come to the conclusion that sugar is the culprit. After eating something with sugar as an ingredient, even a little (dark chocolate, for example) I get cravings for sweets, even if my stomach is already full with a protein and veggies meal. Just earlier, I had some sashimi from a recent sushi place. I had 15 pieces of assorted fish, 12 of them completely raw. It was an assortment, and 3 of the pieces seemed to be cooked, and had a sauce on them. After eating, my stomach was full, but I was craving sugar. It's been leading me to eating grains (awful for my body composition and skin.. acne!). You live and you learn, right?

Anyone have/had a similar experience?

Not enough fat in your diet?
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Comment

i think sugar is the downfall for a lot of us. In my case it is chocolate. It can certainly set off binges etc.
      I have decide to go cold turkey on it and haven't eaten any for 8 days (not that I am counting.)

I still crave it though, but think cos I am following a high fat, high protein plan I can beat the cravings.
      I know once i start i won't stop, so best avoiding it all together. Especially those Reece peanut Butter chocolate cups -AAAhhh I'm going to bed.

Comment

Could definitely be not enough fat. I'm going to try adding some almond butter into my diet and see what that does.

Comment

Working...
        X