Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James,
    You are changing the subject again.

What is the maximum level of Lugols iodine in mg that you consider to be safe for most people?

Are you afraid to answer? Or do you just not know the answer?

Grizz

Comment

• Originally posted by lambchop View Post
      Hey James, most of us see through Paleobird's pathetic attempt to discredit your intentions because your input pulled her off her pedastal and Grizz, well, how would you take anything he says seriously. As someone else said above, all he does is copy and paste and carry on like a cultist about it. And abuse people. And lie. And then change previous posts. And try the schoolyard trick of asserting what others say. Juvenile.

I still prefer your knowledge than that of someone who thinks she runs this place or a copypasting dangerous zealot
      Thanks Lambchop. I just wish he would stop trying to make this thread all about me and start posting some real evidence about iodine. But clearly he has nothing to come back with so trying to discredit me with his BS links since this is all he has to offer.

Comment

• Originally posted by grizz View Post
        don't even start with your iodine poisoning bs again...

you were banned for for same reason that you are calling iodine poisonous - if they called you a quack then maybe the term fits. stop calling iodine poisonous and we will get along just fine.

you have called 4 drops of lugols iodine as causing iodism. sorry but this is dead wrong !

you have still not answered my question - tell us where iodine poisoning begins in your opinion. 12mg? 24mg? 50mg? 100mg?

if you keep spreading confusion & trouble, this thread will be closed like the last one. Just accept that all of the leading iodine doctors are right and lets get on with the iodine thread. Stop being such a trouble maker.

Grizz
        yawn..........

Comment

• James,
          You are changing the subject yet again. Cat got your tongue?

What is the maximum level of Lugols iodine in mg that you consider to be safe for most people?

Are you afraid to answer? Or do you just not know the answer?

I think you will fight against Lugols iodine at any dosage. Right? Prove me wrong by answering the simple question.
          You KNOW IT ALL about iodine but yet can't even answer a simple question?

Grizz
          Last edited by Grizz; 08-18-2012, 10:22 AM.

Comment

• Gahhhh.. Grizz, I know 5 year olds more mature than you. Give it a rest.
            Or are you trying to get this thread locked to?
            Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

• Originally posted by DinoHunter View Post
              Gahhhh.. Grizz, I know 5 year olds more mature than you. Give it a rest.
              Or are you trying to get this thread locked to?
              Dino,

It should be clear to everyone that Mr. James has an agenda in this thread: To destroy iodine supplements which is why we are all here. He viciously attacks anyone that recommends iodine supplementation. All of you might let him get away with this. If James knows so much about iodine to call doctors wrong, then why can't he answer a simple question about iodine.

So james, here it is once again:

Grizz

Comment

James~
                Could you exsplain more about the bitters in regard to fibroids? How is it supposed to help/what does it actully do?
                Does it need to be a perticular type of bitters or any will do, ones to avoid etc?
                They do not have to be anything in particular, just something bitter tasting. So you can use commercial bitters, bitter foods like bitter melon or simply a pinch of a bitter tasting herb powder like gentian root.

The way bitters work is that the bitter receptors are on the back of the tongue. When the bitter contacts those bitter receptors this stimulates the vagus nerve, which has various branches and functions. The part we are concerned about is its branching to the digestive system. They are called digestive bitters because this nerve stimulation increases stomach acid, pancreatic enzyme and bile release helping with digestion. But the stimulation of the vagus nerve also kicks the liver in to gear improving its functions. Several roles of the liver is to break down excess estrogen, and excess cholesterol that can be used by the body to form hormones including estrogen.

Since excess estrogen can stimulate the growth of fibroids the stimulation of the liver by bitters can help the liver reduce estrogen levels directly and indirectly thereby helping to reduce the cause of the problem rather than masking it like iodine does.

Things to keep in mind with bitters though are:

1. Don't use bitters if your gallbladder has been removed.

2. Drink plenty of water throughout the day when using bitters.

3. And with most commercial bitters there are herbs not for long term use at recommended amounts so I recommend a half a dropper full before meals.

Comment

• Originally posted by lambchop View Post
                  Can you find a Paleobird stomp as well? Could be handy in many threads.
                  Aren't they related species?

Comment

• If a person is in menopause we already have lower estorgen right? And therefore the bitters would not be of aide to us? (just curious)

Comment

• Originally posted by Grizz View Post
                      Dino,
                      It should be clear to everyone that Mr. James has an agenda in this thread: To destroy iodine supplements which is why we are all here. He viciously attacks anyone that recommends iodine supplementation. All of you might let him get away with this. If James knows so much about iodine to call doctors wrong, then why can't he answer a simple question about iodine.
                      Grizz
                      What is very clear to me is that you have an agenda to force everyone to agree with your idea of what is & isn’t acceptable and anyone that has a differing opinion is harangued into submission by your infantile ranting... asuming you dont get the thread locked first.
                      James has not demonized Iodine, hes simply stated "his opinion" based on his personal knowledge WHICH he is quite entitled to do… And I appreciate his input even if I don’t necessarily agree with everything he says…

But see that’s because im an adult and can accept that other people have different opinions & experiences to draw from.. And im quite capable of reading ALL the information presented & then MAKING UP MY OWN MIND about what’s right for me.

Its called agreeing to disagree...You should try it sometime..
                      Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

Comment

What is very clear to me is that you have an agenda to force everyone to agree with your idea of what is & isn’t acceptable and anyone that has a differing opinion is harangued into submission by your infantile ranting... asuming you dont get the thread locked first.
                        James has not demonized Iodine, hes simply stated "his opinion" based on his personal knowledge WHICH he is quite entitled to do… And I appreciate his input even if I don’t necessarily agree with everything he says…

But see that’s because im an adult and can accept that other people have different opinions & experiences to draw from.. And im quite capable of reading ALL the information presented & then MAKING UP MY OWN MIND about what’s right for me.

+1 ! Yes! This!^^^^^^^^
                        SW: 243
                        CW: 177
                        Goal: Health

Comment

• Originally posted by Sceptic View Post
                          Personally, I'm currently taking about 350mcg of iodine per day as part of a multivitamin, and a few days a week I'm adding in around another 3mg. I'm getting plenty of selenium too, so hopefully I'm not doing myself any damage with these doses (which are, by most standards, fairly safe). New Zealand has fairly poor levels of both iodine and selenium, and I really don't like seafood.

What are your thoughts?
                          i take iodine by the gram. been doing so for years. my thyroid has improved to the point i dont need thyroid hormones any more. what kind of damage should i expect?

i dont think youre getting enough to make much difference beyond keeping goiter away. you have a distinct advantage being in new zealand - not as many chemicals and radioactivity to worry about.

iodine is basic, like water and oxygen. you can survive with very little. you can thrive when you take the right amount for you. 100mg is the minimum i would ever recommend to any adult.

Comment

• I've got popcorn and Sea Snax for Paleobird. Anyone want some? This show is getting way too entertaining.

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesS View Post
                              They do not have to be anything in particular, just something bitter tasting. So you can use commercial bitters, bitter foods like bitter melon or simply a pinch of a bitter tasting herb powder like gentian root.

The way bitters work is that the bitter receptors are on the back of the tongue. When the bitter contacts those bitter receptors this stimulates the vagus nerve, which has various branches and functions. The part we are concerned about is its branching to the digestive system. They are called digestive bitters because this nerve stimulation increases stomach acid, pancreatic enzyme and bile release helping with digestion. But the stimulation of the vagus nerve also kicks the liver in to gear improving its functions. Several roles of the liver is to break down excess estrogen, and excess cholesterol that can be used by the body to form hormones including estrogen.

Since excess estrogen can stimulate the growth of fibroids the stimulation of the liver by bitters can help the liver reduce estrogen levels directly and indirectly thereby helping to reduce the cause of the problem rather than masking it like iodine does.

Things to keep in mind with bitters though are:

1. Don't use bitters if your gallbladder has been removed.

2. Drink plenty of water throughout the day when using bitters.

3. And with most commercial bitters there are herbs not for long term use at recommended amounts so I recommend a half a dropper full before meals.
                              Hi James, Thanks for that, I will look into what I can find here.. re#3 would it be advisable then to take a break every so often or is that only with the "standard" dose ranges? Im currently treating for fibroids including one that was 8cm in march when I got the ultrasound. For obvious reasons id rather avoid the slice & dice option

Comment

you are assuming that james is an adult. in fact, youre assuming that he is actually stating his true opinion. i prefer facts. like this - iodine makes everything work better. this is a cold stone fact that one can prove to themself simply by supplementing enough iodine for a long enough period. no opinion about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X