Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What areas of primal/paleo are you having the most difficulty with?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What areas of primal/paleo are you having the most difficulty with?

I'm trying to get a good understanding of how the primal/paleo diet and lifestyle is going on for everyone, no matter where you are on the journey.

I've been investing a lot of time and effort this past year. It's been going great, but for me, I would say that eating way more vegetables and less fruit is what I am having the most difficulty with. Fruit is just so much tastier and easier to eat compared to vegetables. What about you guys?

- What areas of eating and living primal/paleo are you having the most difficulty with?
    - Why is this?

Right now the biggest issue I have is hunger. The other issue is a cranky non-paleo husband.

If you like fruit why don't you just eat it?
    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

my biggest problem with my WOE is continual discovery of foods that i thought worked for me dont.
      Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
      Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
      Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

Overconsumption of adult beverages. I'm getting better with reducing the amount and frequency while increasing the quality, but I'm just not there yet. I have too much fun going out to the bar with friends. I'll eventually make my way to being a moderation drinker...

Comment

For me it is over reading into every little bio-hack that comes across the forums.

Comment

Hunger.
            Fruit and sweet flavors as well.
            No snacking or good snacking choices (nuts, cheese, fruit = easy snacks but bad).
            I also cannot really believe that legumes are bad for you, so I gave up on eliminating 'em.
            My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
            When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Load vegetables with butter and salt. Taste like candy.

Up until this past month, I had a really hard time with sugar. I enjoyed dark chocolate and homemade nearly primal coconut ice cream way too often. Fruit became a binge item. Since being diagnosed with candida overgrowth and having to give up all sugar, this is much, much easier to maintain. When you get rid of the sugar, you don't crave it anymore.

Might want to try going off fruit for a month. Do a Whole30 challenge. My guess is, the sugar in the fruit is what is getting you.
              The Sedition of Sisyphus: Go Find Another Rock

Griff's Cholesterol Primer

Comment

Getting back on the "low carb wagon" once I've gotten off. I was on vacation until July 22nd and ate a lot of fruit, nuts, and dark chocolate (and a small amount of ice cream). I've spent the last week trying to get back on the stick but have failed almost every day. The worst thing is I feel sooooo much better when I'm low carb...I just want to feel great again.
                "You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need." ~ Vernon Howard

Comment

Snacking... but that is a problem for me no matter what WOE I am following.
                  Happy Wifey and NEW MOM!
                  Pre-preg weight: 130
                  Current: 145 (eek!)
                  Goal: ??? <-- whatever it takes to get rid of this tire!
                  Started Primal in May '12.
                  My Blog
                  Join the Revolution!

Comment

Sleep. I only get 6-7 hours a night, mostly because of computer use right before I sleep.

Also need to cut the nuts. 8-16oz/day is not Primal.
                    My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

Exercise... because I don't like getting sweaty. Ok, that sounds wussy enough to say it to shame me into exercise. Haha

Jenny
                      My Writing Blog
                      My Twitter

Comment

condiments. Store bought ketchup - salad dressings - marinades. I don't eat enough of them to really worry about - but its one of the things that I find the hardest to give up. And ice cream.
                        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion
                        9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

Social pressure. Those who seem to think it's a fun game to try to tease me into eating things not on my plan. I don't give in, and handle it with good humor, but it gets tiresome.

Family members who completely buy in to the Gov't Food Pyramid method of weight loss and won't get off my back about not eating bread (because bread is SO good for you).

People in my life who see how much weight I've lost, and how much strength I've gained but still will not give me the slightest credit for knowing what I'm talking about.

Comment

My biggest problem is focusing too much on food and exercise and forgetting completely about the other, probably more important aspects, of Primal Blueprint:

- Observe seasonal variances in food consumption (The Question of Seasonality in Human Health and Nutrition | Mark&#039;s Daily Apple)
                            - Be extremely mindful of night/day cycles (Will Blue Light Affect Your Sleep? | Mark&#039;s Daily Apple)
                            - Experience cold weather in Winter (10 Ways to Stay Active in the Cold Winter Months | Mark&#039;s Daily Apple)
                            - Find a doctor that will test key labs and get to the optimum reference range (How to Read a Cholesterol Test | Mark&#039;s Daily Apple)
                            - Practice some type of intermittant fasting (Intermittent Fasting FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions | Mark&#039;s Daily Apple)
                            - Learn to breathe correctly (How to Breathe Correctly | Mark&#039;s Daily Apple )

Judging from the other responses, I'm not alone...
                            Last edited by otzi; 07-30-2012, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Chocolate/sugar/too much fruit
                              Snacking
                              Being afraid of hunger and IF

Comment

Working...
                              X