No announcement yet.

Whole30 for August 2012

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old habits are rearing their ugly heads. All I want to eat today is some combination of cheese and grain. Mac n' cheese, pizza, nachos, cheese wontons. It's like I have this unconscious desire to muck up all my hard work. I've lost 5.2 pounds, which is difficult for me to do. I decided to stuff myself with fat, and it seems to be working. As in, it's working to the point that I'm too full to eat any "real" meals. I've had eggs, sausage, pistachios, a plum and a banana today.

Also, my social life is in overdrive this weekend, and everyone wants to eat out and order drinks. I'd normally be delighted with the number of invites I'm getting, just wish I could participate some more.
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

Comment

• Had a big ol' BBQ today that we did in the park. Was a ton of fun. All I drank was water; I brought Applegate Farms Organic Beef Hot Dogs (nitrate/nitrite free) and had 3 of them w/mustard, sauerkraut, veggies and a fabulous tomato/basil/olive oil/balsamic vinegar dish. No buns. Ignored all the chips, desserts and assorted junk, and didn't feel tempted at all. Tonight, as a treat, I had a fruit salad of blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, and half a banana. YUM.
      F, 44 years old, 111.8 lbs, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieKessler View Post
        Had a big ol' BBQ today that we did in the park. Was a ton of fun. All I drank was water; I brought Applegate Farms Organic Beef Hot Dogs (nitrate/nitrite free) and had 3 of them w/mustard, sauerkraut, veggies and a fabulous tomato/basil/olive oil/balsamic vinegar dish. No buns. Ignored all the chips, desserts and assorted junk, and didn't feel tempted at all. Tonight, as a treat, I had a fruit salad of blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, and half a banana. YUM.
        I'm super-hooked on those Applegate dogs! They're like the filet mignon of hot dogs.
        Your entire days sounds delicious!
        “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieKessler View Post
          No worries, Chuck. We're only human. I hope you enjoyed the non-Whole30 food. Now get back on the wagon. **offers helping hand**
          Thanks! I'm needing it!
          -Chuck

Comment

• Hi everyone, sorry I've been MIA the last few days - it's been a busy weekend! On Saturday I drove a group of new international students around on a tour of our town and then took them to a housewarming at my church (people donate furniture and other household items and the students can take whatever they want for free). We weren't done until mid-afternoon, and one of the students insisted that I eat some dumplings at her place. I know you don't have to eat anything if you don't want to, but I felt like it would be incredibly rude and non-welcome-to-America-ing to say no, so I did have two. And then I followed it up with Chipotle, which is not perfect but probably the most primal-friendly fast food out there. I did better yesterday evening, because I managed to avoid the alcohol and chips while at the lake with some friends.

I just did my grocery shopping and cooking so I have dinner to last me through the week. I made Greek meatballs and porkchops and peaches. Hope they're good!
            Primal Journal - Zinnia

Comment

• Minor cheat today with some honey in my chai. It was well worth it, though my gums felt bad instantly. Ah well, back to boring old Whole30.

I really need to find some no-starch, no-sugar, nut-free snacks for when I just feel like eating. I know I need it because I'm being more active, it's very frustrating feeling like I have nothing to eat! Avocados would be awesome, but I hate going to the grocery store multiple times a week.
              Depression Lies

Comment

• Chipotle is a great primal friendly place to go.

I hope everyone is doing ok, not so great right here. I think I am in need of an intervention... basically a disastrous weekend diet-wise, not sure if it's just some natural need to revert when trying to be 100% on diet, but Fri-Sat-Sun my discipline has pretty much left the building. I had friend's birthday parties three days in a row, and I can't even really use that as an excuse as I've staved off bad stuff before, but it's like "ok I'll allow this one thing" at a party Friday, so then Saturday I allow a little more, then today I allow a little more and found myself downing the "poison" left and right. Ugh! It's mostly been purged hopefully though and I got steaks thawing in the fridge as we speak, so hopefully back on tomorrow.
                -Chuck

Comment

• I completely dropped out sadly but tomorrow is another day for my Whole 8 then Whole 11

Had a majorly nasty Crohn's flare so after a few days of nothing but bone broth I said 'heck' and cheese and I have been inseparable.
                  SW: 243
                  CW: 177
                  Goal: Health

Comment

• You know what? The parties are done. They're in the past. Nothing to fret over. Eggs and bacon are waiting patiently.

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

Comment

• I'm jumping on board tomorrow. W30 20 Aug until 18 Sep. I've been primal for 2 1/2 years, but have never taken out dairy, and am somewhat too fond of the nightly wind down wine or vodka. This should be a good kick in the ass that I really need.

The best part is that hubby is on board. I never expected he'd be willing to go full on, but I convinced him to read It Starts With Food, and though he's been following me since the beginning, he now is ready to understand the WHY and is pretty keen about it. The past week, we've been nearly there in preparation, and he was willing to pitch in on making foods today to prep for the week. Extra chicken is baked for lunches, and a sausage/spinach/mushroom/pepper egg bake is ready for breakfasts. Nice.
                      My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• I started on July 30. Here are my three-week stats:

Weight lost: 6.9 lbs
                        Inches lost: 0.5 from waist; 1.4 from hips

It's getting easier not to freak out when eating out. Yesterday, my family and I went to the Intrepid -- overpriced museum cafe fare for lunch, then a diner for dinner. All I had for lunch was an apple; I didn't trust anything else there (and I'm sure there was wax on the apple, but what can you do?), so I had that to tide me over. (I'd had my typical large breakfast of 3 eggs scrambled in bacon grease with peppers, onions and garlic, plus my gold-plated bacon, and black coffee.) We did a boatload (hah, see what I did there?) of walking all afternoon, and then at the diner, I ordered hot tea, the 9 oz angus burger (no bun) with sauteed onions and avocado slices, and a garden salad (no croutons, no cheese). The oil for the onions probably wasn't Whole30, but I'm not sweating that. Dinner was AWESOME. I inhaled it. (I did have exactly one chew of a piece of Trident on the ride home before I spat it out; covering my Whole30 eyes for that one.)

Today I'll be having eggs/bacon for breakfast, then finishing the PaleOMG chicken enchilada stew for lunch and dinner, maybe with a salad in there too.

Comment

• Awesome Jackie! Glad you're doing so well! I'm eating some eggs as we speak... will probably need to make a fru fru grocery store run today at some point.
                          -Chuck

Comment

• Way to go Jackie!!! Getting out there, enjoying yourself & staying compliant!
                            I am not so brave... just cooking for myself, avoiding situations which typically bring me undone.. feeling determined, building momentum.

So far I have lost 7.7lbs somewhere & 0.5' around the waist. Still no smokes or cheats

My Husband came back from an OS trip today. We were walking in the park. A lady I hadn't seen in a few weeks came up & said she hadn't recognized me from a distance. She was wondering who the woman was that my Husband was out walking with.. once she got closer she realized it was actually a much thinner me. Nice!!

Comment

• Still following your thread even though I haven't posted. Today is day 8. No cheats yet except for a bit of stevia, and I'm not going to panic about that.
                              Starting Weight: 197.5
                              Current Weight: 123
                              Far healthier!

Comment

• I'm thinking about starting the whole 30 Sept first. I'm not big on dairy, but I don't know how I'll survive without that 1T of heavy cream in my morning coffee. Black coffee doesn't sound, look or taste even remotely appealing to me.
                                Maybe I can justify that little bit of cream by not eating nuts. LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X