No announcement yet.

Whole30 for August 2012

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's good in the sense that it's only coconut and water, no other additives. A primal VICTORY!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Islandwahine - whew, fasting! Good for you. I'm not a fasting sort of gal (well, not planned, anyway), and I highly admire folks who can fast without a problem.
      Thanks Jackie. I've tried to plan fasts in the past and failed. This one just happened. Being busy all day was the only way I pulled it off.
      Time to eat some breakfast then go for a walk. Have a great day everyone!!

Comment

• Sounds like everyone had a success to celebrate yesterday! We are an absolutely AWESOME bunch, ain't we?!

My date voted down our other dining company, who ended up wanting philly cheese steak grease-bombs (not even in my SAD days...), and we went to a nice steak house by ourselves. We both got the filet. I 86ed the crispy potato garnish and ate some of the local tomatoes and green beans, then attacked that divine filet. I'm sure it wasn't grassfed, but it was delish. I think the demi glace had butter, I was slightly gassy later on. Butter was the only dairy I was going to reintroduce, but now I'm afraid I'll have to break up with all dairy after this W30.
        “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
          Chuck, congrats are in order for a good first date. Hopefully there will be many more to come and things work out beautifully for the two of you. Was this a blind date? You said she was pretty cute like you hadn't seen her before. Just curious.
          Thanks! Yeah it was a blind date. Dating website kinda stuff.

Gave blood today, that's a minus 600 calories right there :P (easiest workout ever!)
          -Chuck

Comment

• Originally posted by impala454 View Post
            Thanks! Yeah it was a blind date. Dating website kinda stuff.

Gave blood today, that's a minus 600 calories right there :P (easiest workout ever!)
            Really? 600 calories? I gotta check this out...
            Last edited by jenn26point2; 08-16-2012, 12:02 PM.

Comment

• GAH! My Fitness Pal has not entry for donating blood. Cursed!

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                Really? 600 calories? I gotta check this out...
                Haha!
                “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

Comment

• Here's an explanation Jenn (and sorry it was actually 650!): Giving Blood & Weight Loss | LIVESTRONG.COM You're not really "burning" the calories so much as just losing a decent amount of blood glucose at once.
                  -Chuck

Comment

• Ok... here is where I have a problem with your info... I don't trust Livestrong. I read 3 articles there recently (I think it was regarding thyroid concerns - would have to go back through my journal to find what it was specifically) and each article contradicted the other. So I don't trust it anymore.

But the idea of losing the blood/blood glucose makes sense - it makes even more sense that your body would expend calories replacing said blood cells over the x number of days it takes to replace the cells.

I'm a regular blood donor anyway, so it's not going to sway me into donating blood. But it is interesting to consider.

Comment

• I didn't really put much thought into it, was probably the first search results from Google or something. I'd read it a long time ago that it's about equivalent to 600 calories or whatever. Obviously not a real big deal since you only do it once every 8 weeks.
                      -Chuck

Comment

• I bought some pink Himalayan salt crystals at Whole Foods with the express purpose of refilling my Trader Joe's salt grinder, but I think it's glued shut (though I can see the threads on it). Bummer. Guess I'll have to invest in a real grinder, hoping TJ Maxx has something cheap!
                        Depression Lies

Comment

• Hi everyone, just checking in for the evening. Tonight my friend made me a lovely homemade meal of butternut squash soup (I averted my eyes when she used LIGHT coconut milk!), jicama salad, and fresh fruit. It was wonderful, if a little lacking in the protein department I sent my friend a link to the whole9 website so she would know the dos and dont's of the whole30, and she said it was an "interesting" read. She doesn't need to lose weight at all, but I'd bet dollars to donuts (or bacon or what have you) that she'd feel a lot better eating this way.

Over halfway done! Although I am going to try to continue eating this way after I'm officially done. Sophie, I'm going to have to break up with all dairy, too. Sigh.
                          Primal Journal - Zinnia

Comment

• Mornin' folks, TGIF! Officially down 12 lbs since the 1st (although again, I'm sure 8 or so at least was water). Two more weeks to go everyone! I can see the beer.. er... light at the end of the tunnel! :P
                            -Chuck

Comment

• Originally posted by impala454 View Post
                              I can see the beer.. er... light at the end of the tunnel! :P
                              +1

Ok, experimentation time!! It dawned on me yesterday what the MAJOR difference between what I did during the last two previous W30's and this time... I'm not eating watermelon... here's my thinking... watermelon is very, well, watery. I bet I would get at least a cup of water every night from watermelon. I would get up at 2 am to pee because of watermelon. My thinking is that the drop in water consumption could be why I've not lost a single pound this time around. So I'm going to do an experiment. I'm going to pick up a watermelon on my way home from work today and eat it over the next week and see if there's any change. No change = no harm, no foul... but if the water theory is correct, then I should drop a couple of pounds before the 31st.

And you might ask why I don't just drink more water - well, because water is boring and watermelon is not.

Comment

• Jen! Don't worry about the scale!!!! I know I was posting about mine but that was just hopefully a motivator. I don't see how a cup of water each day is going to make some difference on the scale anyways. Just keep doing what you're doing and stay consistent. If you change up your diet every few days and start introducing a bunch of stuff or removing other stuff then you'll never have time to adjust. This stuff doesn't happen overnight.
                                -Chuck

Comment

Working...
                                X