No announcement yet.

Whole30 for August 2012

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just consumed two Lucy's Gluten Free chocolate chip cookies... contents: soy milk, cane sugar. Were they good? Yes. Very. Were they worth it? No. Because they've triggered a desire to keep eating them for their sweetness and their crumbly crunch. Why, oh, why did I eat them??
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Jenn, toss em. I know many hate to throw away food but honestly that works. And no putting the box in the trash either, you open them up and toss the bare cookies in there. I used to do that with chips now and then when I'd catch myself binging on them. I'd have a whole family sized bag of Doritos or something. I'd eat 2-3 servings worth and then regret it, and immediately turn the bag inside out into the trash. No desire after that Sometimes I'd also give them to a cute neighbor girl of mine
      -Chuck

Comment

• I agree, chuck them! If they're your son's, maybe he can survive the rest of the week without any (to allow the cravings to pass).

Sex With Your Pants On | Whole9 | Let us change your life.
        I just found this article and it made me chuckle. Thought I'd share.
        Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by impala454 View Post
          Got a date tonight, at a Mexican restaurant... hmm we'll see how I do
          Me too! Haha!

I'm doing steak or carnitas with guac.
          “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
            Share your fake VFFs with us... where did you get them??
            They're Adidas Adipures. Love them. They're the only glove-toe shoes I can find that are kind to wide feet.
            F, 44 years old, 111.8 lbs, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
              Sex With Your Pants On | Whole9 | Let us change your life.
              I just found this article and it made me chuckle. Thought I'd share.
              Thanks!

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

Comment

• I went to a mexican restaurant this evening to catch up with my roommates, who I haven't seen in a few weeks. Since I'd already eaten dinner and am not drinking alcohol this month, I just had water and chatted. But here's the best part - I didn't feel deprived!! That, folks, is perhaps the biggest accomplishment of my whole journey so far.

Chuck and Sophie, I hope your dates were successful, even if not fully whole30 compliant
                Primal Journal - Zinnia

Comment

• So I cheated, had a small order of green chili steak flautas. So four corn tortillas is the damage. What's funny is while they were very good, I honestly could have just broke them apart and had the filling, I love green chili. Other than that I did have like four chips with salsa. After eating them I realized I didn't even really want them. So even though I messed up, it was good to get that "blah I don't really need this" feeling. I still hit my macros today and was even low on calories. Anyways just wanted to confess my sins

Funny article, though I don't know how much I agree with them. I have had many of the "paleofied" or "primalfied" foods and you know, as long as you stay away from the wrong foods, I don't see why it matters. If I put some ground beef with various veggies and some homemade tomato sauce, what's the difference whether it's a "meatza" or just mixed up in a bowl? Now yeah you want to stay away if the paleofied food is going to tempt you to get its non-paleo equivalent, but if that's not the case then what's the big deal?

oh and p.s. the girl was pretty cute and we had a good time (was a first date)
                  -Chuck

Comment

• I just completed my first 24 hour fast!! I'm so proud of myself! I'm still surprised I did it. I was out and about from 8-1pm then came home...being home made it harder but I just keep drinking water and stayed out of the kitchen...right around 4ish I started getting really hungry but my kids kept me busy with homework and my hubby arrived home at 5pm. I'm glad I made a big pan of lasagna yesterday so I didn't have to cook dinner for the hubby and kids. I did count down the minutes until 6pm then I made myself a BAS with salmon. It was awesome!!

Comment

• Day 3 is done and I am starting to get that giddy, I feel great feeling. No carb flu yet, but I am drinking bouillon to add more sodium. Many ketogenic experts recommend this and it works well for me any time I am coming off a carb high back to strict low carb.

Impala454 - Glad the date was fun.

Zinnia - Congrats on staying the course.

islandwahine - That's Great! Fasting is hard.
                      Primal since 9/24/2010
                      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Huzzah, Zinnia! Awesome job.

Yeah, Chuck! Good for you for identifying how you feel after eating those specific non-paleo foods -- that will help you going forward. A little sin in the name of overall education - that works! (And rah on the first date!)

Islandwahine - whew, fasting! Good for you. I'm not a fasting sort of gal (well, not planned, anyway), and I highly admire folks who can fast without a problem.

Paula - rock on! You're doing great. I hope you avoid the low-carb flu.

Comment

• After I posted, I ate a couple cherry tomatoes and the cravings for the cookies were gone. Rest of the day was W30 compliant.

In case you're wondering, scale still hasn't budged... lol

Rainy day here today. That's good. We need it. It's probably too late as most of the fields around here have turned brown, but other stuff still needs the water for survival - grass, trees, flowers, etc. My flowers are trying to bounce back and the grass is turning green again, so maybe not all is lost. It was certainly hard getting out of bed this morning as a result, though. There's nothing quite like sleeping during a rain/thundershower.

Chuck, congrats are in order for a good first date. Hopefully there will be many more to come and things work out beautifully for the two of you. Was this a blind date? You said she was pretty cute like you hadn't seen her before. Just curious.

Comment

• I almost cheated yesterday. I bought some chocolate (expensive, for such a little bar, and now I can't even remember if it had soy lecithin in it!) at the grocery store. I put it straight in the freezer when I got home, though.

I can't stop eating lately! Even now, I had a big breakfast (pork chop and 3 eggs over easy), but I want to eat! Time to drink some water. I brought some chai tea (organic, no weird ingredients either) and a small container with coconut creme (the thick stuff from the top of a Native Forest can of coconut milk, SO TASTY) to have later today in my new work mug. I'm really looking forward to it. It's nice to have a treat that isn't actually sweet at all, but seems like it is.
                            Depression Lies

Comment

• The Native Forest CM that I saw at the health food store had guar gum in it, so I passed. Does yours? I've been getting Golden Star from Walmart b/c it's coconut and water only, but I read that the cans they're in have BPA (or whatever that bad substance is), and Native Forest is one that does not... but it's got that guar gum... I know guar gum isn't "bad", but I don't want my CM emulsified...

Comment

• Thai Kitchen is the only brand I've been able to find, went to a different store and found Native Forest so I grabbed it, didn't even look at the label. I'm not sweating the guar gum. Thai Kitchen doesn't separate, which is not what I wanted. Golden Star is supposed to be good, from what I recall.
                                Depression Lies

Comment

Working...
                                X