Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JackieKessler View Post
    Ooh. I think I found the recipe for me!
    That looks amazing! my suggestion was going to be to find some rice pasta instead of wheat... but this looks MUCH yummier!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Funny... I bump my calories up 200 so that I don't have to see the negative numbers and it says my weight loss over the next 5 weeks will be the same... stupid CW logic... that's 1400 more calories per week, 7000 over a 5 week period... shouldn't my weight loss be 2 lbs less over the 5 weeks??

Todays Meals.jpg

Comment

• Hey folks we're officially halfway done! (for those that started on the first)

Jackie thanks for that link, that site looks like it has some awesome recipes!

Originally posted by janie View Post
        I just found this thread and read straight through. I'm in day 3 and just wanted to say I found your posts very inspiring.
        Welcome aboard!
        -Chuck

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieKessler View Post
          Ooh. I think I found the recipe for me!
          Ohhhhh! That looks amazing! My tummy started rumbling as I read over the recipe.
          It only calls for a 1/2 lb of chicken? That must be a typo.

How's everyone feeling? Halfway there!!!
          “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

Comment

• Since it's Julia Child's 100th birthday today, here's some of my favorite bits of her wisdom:

"Cooking is like love; it should be entered into with abandon or not at all.”

“The best way to execute French cooking is to get good and loaded and whack the hell out of a chicken. Bon appétit. ”

“The only time to eat diet food is while you're waiting for the steak to cook.”

“I think every woman should have a blowtorch.”

Bon A Petiet!
            “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

Comment

• Doing well here, though I've sneaked a peek at the scale and it's not budging. However, I feel like I'm getting smaller (and a quick look with a tape measure seems to bear that out), so I am not discouraged. Last night I made another batch of beef heart stew and tonight we will have a pastured beef eye of round roast that is currently marinating with a sage, rosemary, thyme, and olive oil pesto on it that my husband will cook when he gets home (it's his recipe). So far I'm not feeling deprived; I mean, I miss having cream, sour cream, and cheese, but I'm not dying without it. Clarified butter is just as good as real butter, so no deprivation there either.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaradel View Post
                Clarified butter is just as good as real butter, so no deprivation there either.
                I miss my Kerrygold.

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                  What are the die off symptoms? I've only had a couple of infections, brought on by extended use of antibiotics, so I am relatively clueless when it comes to chronic infections.
                  Diarrhea, for me anyway.

P.S. Your attachments are probably going to take days to be approved. Better to upload images to Photobucket or Imageshack.us and past the [ img] codes here.
                  Depression Lies

Comment

• Seriously? I can see them... Wonder what's up with that. Never had that happen before. It's my MyFitnessPal food log. You can probably click on my ticker below and view it just as easily.

Hmmm... that interesting. I've never had images do that before.

Comment

• So far, the Paleo OMG recipes are rocking my socks. (If I still wore socks, which I don't, thanks to my fake VFF.) I'll make the chicken butternut squash lasagna on Friday and will report back.

Originally posted by SophieScreams View Post
                      Ohhhhh! That looks amazing! My tummy started rumbling as I read over the recipe.
                      It only calls for a 1/2 lb of chicken? That must be a typo.
                      Probably not a typo; I made the chicken and spinach/avocado "pasta" yesterday, and that called for only 1 lb of chicken -- I would have liked more, and maybe will make it with more next time. I'll go with the .5 lb and see how it comes out. I'm guessing that the squash and the 3 T of EVOO will be insanely filling, thus less need for the additional protein. But what the heck do I know?

Originally posted by SophieScreams View Post
                      How's everyone feeling? Halfway there!!!
                      Actually? Pretty damn good. Tired, but good. Dare I say it, but Whole30 has been relatively painless so far. Maybe those two previous attempts helped! I know I'm eating quite a bit of fruit, but I'm OK with that. Just had my second ginger gold apple for the day, and man, it was YUM. I'm not even tempted by all the crap dessert junk that my family has -- the doughnuts, the cake, the cookies, the ice cream. (Well, if it were Hagen Daaz, then maybe I'd be tempted.) I feel like I'm finally giving my body the fuel it needs -- and in a tasty way.
                      F, 44 years old, 111.8 lbs, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

Comment

• Share your fake VFFs with us... where did you get them??

Comment

• Yeah, the submitter can always see them, but they're pending approval for everyone else. It takes ages.
                          Depression Lies

Comment

• Here's what I posted... hopefully it lets you see... not sure since you're not a "friend" on MFP...

Comment

• Primal since March 5, 2012

Comment

• Got a date tonight, at a Mexican restaurant... hmm we'll see how I do
                                -Chuck

Comment

Working...
                                X