Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JackieKessler View Post
    Guys!!! Here's my break!
    HUGE Congrats Jackie!!! Very inspiring!!

Comment

• Awesome looking recipes Primegal

Had a small cheat last night, I was grilling for the football game and had a friend over. Well he thought he was being really nice by bringing some sweet potato chips. They actually were tasty, but were fried in veg oil. But I figured it was thoughtful for them to do that so I partook. No biggie. The worse foul was simply eating too much! I ran up the calorie count yesterday with some local made pork rinds and too much of the grilled food. Oh well, back at it today
      -Chuck

Comment

• Thanks for the fantastic link, primegal! I too have been bored with my standard recipes, but I find the paleo blogosphere a bit overwhelming/intimidating. I think this will really help me plan interesting but simple recipes, which is what I'm aiming for!

namelesswonder, I wish I had a secret trick for kicking carb cravings to the curb, but I've found you just have to power through for a week or two and then the cravings go away, or at least get far more manageable. My test for determining whether I'm actually hungry or whether it's just carb cravings is, "Do I want to eat a hard-boiled egg?" For me, carb cravings are also in large part a tactile desire, so I'll go for a substitute that satisfies whatever texture I'm looking for. For example, I've been drinking a lot of sparkling water with crushed ice, since my brain still processes "fizzy" and "crunchy" as "treat!" Just don't tell my dad I've been chewing on ice

impala454, those sweet potato chips sounds great. I've got a couple of sweet potatoes in my pantry, but I've discovered I don't like them just baked. I might try to make chips with them later this week using coconut oil or clarified butter.
        Primal Journal - Zinnia

Comment

• Originally posted by zinnia View Post
          namelesswonder, I wish I had a secret trick for kicking carb cravings to the curb, but I've found you just have to power through for a week or two and then the cravings go away, or at least get far more manageable. My test for determining whether I'm actually hungry or whether it's just carb cravings is, "Do I want to eat a hard-boiled egg?" For me, carb cravings are also in large part a tactile desire, so I'll go for a substitute that satisfies whatever texture I'm looking for. For example, I've been drinking a lot of sparkling water with crushed ice, since my brain still processes "fizzy" and "crunchy" as "treat!" Just don't tell my dad I've been chewing on ice .
          That was how I determined I was really not hungry last night. I had some chicken drumsticks and thought about making an actual dinner (burgers), but didn't want to so I never got around to it. I'm not feeling quite so carb-crazy today, but still kind of. I'm dreaming of a grain-free "oatmeal" in coconut milk (never had any, but the crunch and sweetness would be awesome, I used to love sweetened granola). I could really got for a Kombucha, but I don't want to waste money! My period arrived overnight so I'm sure that had plenty to do with it. I need some less boring veggies around here.
          Depression Lies

Comment

• Zinnia if you were curious here's the sweet potato chips in question (cooked in "bad" oil, but other than that seem pretty wholesome)
            Crinkles Sweet Potato Sea Salt
            -Chuck

Comment

• Just ordered some PrimalPacs!

Primal Pacs

I really hope they're worth the moolah.
              “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

Comment

• Super quick check in to say that even with 2 BBQs yesterday, I stayed Whole30. That's because I wound up eating only raw veggies and drinking water. It was an oversight at the second BBQ, because I was going to have 1 - 2 grilled burgers, but I missed the grilling window (we wound up BBQ hopping), so it was all about the veggies for me. When we got home that night, I then had 1/4 cup raw macadamia nuts at about 10 pm. I was going to eat a huge breakfast this morning, but I **slept in.** This never happens! I fed my cranky ancient cat at 6 am...and then I went back to sleep until 9:40! Oh my!!! Wound up having brunch at 11:30 (3.5 pasture-raised eggs scrambled in ghee, gold-plated bacon reheated, 1/3 fresh bell pepper, black coffee).

We're having friends come over later, so I've got Mark's ginger/coconut pork in the slow cooker. I have no idea what to serve as a side for everyone (I'm going to nuke a sweet potato for me). Maybe I'll make white rice with butter for them, if they don't want sweet potatoes. Hmm.

I hope everyone's doing well! **waves pom poms, then dashes off to CLEAN THE HOUSE**
                F, 44 years old, 111.8 lbs, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

Comment

• Great job staying the course Jackie! I've got a date coming up on Wednesday and wondering whether I'll let it go for that one meal...

Did a super long walk today, 8.2 miles. Got plenty of sun too
                  -Chuck

Comment

• I kinda want to weigh myself in the morning to see if the scale is finally moving. Had an epic.fight with my boyfriend today and was tempted to.drink smoke and eat ice cream... but i figure even if I do become single in the near future i should respect my body.

Comment

• I bought and made way too much food this weekend. I made creamy avocado, spinach, and chicken w/ spaghetti squash as well as the coconut ginger pork for dinners this week. However, I neglected to scale back the recipes to single-person proportions. I think I'm going to have to pawn some off on my roommates, unless the pork can be frozen and reheated. I know that works well for stews, but had anybody ever done it for roasts?

I also bought too way too much fruit. It's in season and so cheap right now, but I am still eating too much sugar. I think it will be easier to say no to the fruit come fall, since I'm not really a huge fan of apples or citrus.
                      Primal Journal - Zinnia

Comment

• Originally posted by nopie View Post
                        I kinda want to weigh myself in the morning to see if the scale is finally moving. Had an epic.fight with my boyfriend today and was tempted to.drink smoke and eat ice cream... but i figure even if I do become single in the near future i should respect my body.
                        Being HAWT is the best revenge!
                        “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

Comment

• I think I ate about 2 pounds of fruit today. The cup of raspberries and blueberries I brought to work with me, then the ginormous fruit bouquet from a patient's family. I expected to feel like utter shit, since it's the most sugar I've had in one sitting in over two weeks.

But,... nothing.
                          I sprinted four hours later and had plenty of energy for that. Wasn't hungry for dinner, but made myself eat some nuts. I'll probably skip bfast in the morning too. The fruit must have fulfilled some glycogen stores that needed it, or something. I really don't have a plausible explanation.

Does anyone have a good recipe for skirt steak? I'm going to make the coconut ginger pork y'all are talking about, if I can get my hands on a pastured pork butt at the farmers' market this week!

Comment

• Nopie good job staving off the bad stuff even when stressed! Hope everything is ok.

Zinnia & Sophie, I think you guys are a little too worried about fruit. Blueberries and raspberries are awesome. According to my sources eating a whole pound of blueberries is about 45g of sugar, that's honestly not that bad for such a big serving. And for a pound of raspberries you're talking only ~20g of sugar. And don't forget there's lots of fiber along with those as well (especially raspberries). I realize we're all trying to hit certain macro nutrient targets here but to me it's always been absolutely silly to say "put down that piece of fruit because it has carbs".
                            -Chuck

Comment

• I am back home from vacation and am starting my Whole 30 today. Major detox coming.
                              Primal since 9/24/2010
                              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Saw this in my work email today (they have little "lunch & learn" classes sometimes). Wonder if I should go and be a pest

Thursday: The Scoop on Fiber and Whole Grains
                                Learn about the importance of fiber and whole grains, their many vital roles in the body and how much you should incorporate into your diet. Discover how to find fiber-rich foods and learn the difference between fiber and whole grains.
                                -Chuck

Comment

Working...
                                X