• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats! Grok on!
    -Chuck

Comment

• Thanks, Chuck!
      F, 44 years old, 111.8 lbs, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

Comment

• Me and my boyfriend are still hanging in there. Hes looking great... really loosing the gut and inflammation! Im plateauing hard. This is my second w30 in a row though. Maybe ill get a woosh soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by islandwahine View Post
          [ATTACH]8781[/ATTACH]

The coriander plant produces both a spice and an herb. The leaf is known as cilantro and when the plant goes to seed, it produces the coriander seed. I used ground coriander for the pork recipe.
          in Australian we call the leaves coriander and the seeds coriander seeds... when I google image searched coriander & cilantro they looked like the same thing to me... maybe it's known by different names in differents parts of the world?

Comment

• I had a minor cheat yesterday, adding honey to my way-too-strong homemade ginger tea (which I then watered down). Perhaps as a result, I dreamt about eating ice cream. I don't know what flavor it was, but it had all kinds of stuff in it, and was really tasty. I started bloating up in my dream! I think it was from watching Man vs. Food, and he had eaten a really big, full-of-stuff milkshake in Maine.
            Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by jackiekessler View Post
              rocked my test. Broke that board!!! **primal fist bump**
              ^^^booyah!^^^
              “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

Comment

• A guy I work with has an 11 year old daughter who has been diagnosed with ulcerative colitis. He's already resigning her to a lifetime of medications. He just told our boss that it's a series of ulcers and cysts in her large intestine and her immune system is fighting what it thinks is an infection but is actually "normal" waste products. He said, and I quote, it's treatable with the right medication and the good thing is that she won't be restricted from any activities or required to follow any restrictive diet requirements.

I sent him the link to the Whole30 website and suggested they read the book. Of course, I got the typical glazed look and mental eye roll. Makes me so sad and so mad. Another situation where families are uneducated and doctors are treating symptoms, not conditions. UGH!!!
                Primal since March 5, 2012
                SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Originally posted by nopie View Post
                  Me and my boyfriend are still hanging in there. Hes looking great... really loosing the gut and inflammation! Im plateauing hard. This is my second w30 in a row though. Maybe ill get a woosh soon.
                  I'm plateauing pretty hard as well. That's ok, it doesn't happen overnight!
                  -Chuck

Comment

• Just sent a long message to my severely sugar addicted sister, in regards to her question about "toning up." Whatever the hell that means. She's always had a problem with sugar, calling her an addict is no exaggeration. She even has a classic case of "Mountain Dew mouth." She and her SO sneak around each other, hiding their sugar stashes from one another. She goes ballistic when there's no sweets to be had and has to grab something in every store or cafe she goes into. It's even more exasperating when she ridicules my paleo ways, tells me I'm jumping on some trendy fad, then asks for advice on how to look more like me.
                    I just pointed her to MDA and told her she doesn't need to eat 120g of protein every day to tone up, it's time to get real about her sugar addiction and start there.
                    You can only lead the horse to water, I suppose...
                    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

Comment

• Originally posted by impala454 View Post
                      I'm plateauing pretty hard as well. That's ok, it doesn't happen overnight!
                      I don't think I've lost a single ounce in 8 days.

I foresee a simultaneous WOOSH!

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieKessler View Post
                        ROCKED MY TEST. BROKE THAT BOARD!!! **primal fist bump**
                        AWESOME!!! \m/

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

• I have been stuck at 189 for 15 days now. Very uncommon for a W30... My first and second whole30's (June's lasted 23 days, July's lasted 25 days) resulted in 10 lbs lost each... this one is not allowing for ANY movement at ALL! But I did take my measurements just for S&G and found I "misplaced" 2 whole inches (1/2 from my hips/butt area, 1 1/2 from my belly area - around the belly button). Can't complain, I guess... but I'd really like to look at something other than 189.0 every morning. 187 would be nice! 179 even better! lol

But, at least I'm reshaping.

Comment

• Originally posted by zinnia View Post
                            Slightly off-topic, but since I have cable for the moment, I've been watching too much TV. And the food commercials make me so mad! Especially for all hyper-processed crap that masquerades as health food in the form of granola bars, yogurt, cereal, etc., inevitably hocked by slim twentysomethings in yoga pants. I wonder if food companies know that they're poisoning people and don't care, or if they are just as blind as I used to be.
                            I wonder that same thing. I wonder about the USDA and figure since it's a government institution, it surely knows how harmful grains are and is sweeping that knowledge under the rug and pretending it doesn't exist. There's a lot of money in the grain industry with all those government programs tossing money around. Everyone seems to be out to make a dollar, so as long as the money is falling, people will continue to pick it up and pocket it, no matter what they have to do to get it. It drives me nuts.

Comment

• Speaking from someone working with (but not for) the federal government, I think it's just a matter of sluggishness to adopt changes. Anything that drastically changes something like the food pyramid or suggested daily values will eventually change but not overnight, and the changes will pretty much become mainstream before the government changes. There's just a lot of bureaucracy involved.
                              -Chuck

Comment

• I work FOR the government, and I still believe it's all about money, really. I truly do. Everything the government does is about money. They preach that it's for the people, but if dollars aren't involved, the people don't matter. That's what I see working for the Army. It's all dollar signs.

And I grew up as the daughter of a CAFO livestock and GMO grain producer. It's all geared around money there too... whatever brings in the most money...

Sorry, very cynical at this point.

Comment

Working...
                                X