No announcement yet.

Whole30 for August 2012

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doh! The Wellness Meats bacon is out of stock!

SOPHIE WANT BAAAAAACON!!!
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

Comment

• I may give the "fat bread" recipe (http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread63644.html) a try. I know Whole30 says no "paleoifying" the bad stuff like bread, but I can't possibly see how this could be bad for Whole30. It's eggs, macadamia nuts, coconut, lemon juice, baking soda, and salt. Any thoughts?
      -Chuck

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaradel View Post
        Maybe it's the fat content of the bacon? So the last few mornings I've been making half an avocado's worth of guacamole to eat with my one slice of bacon and 2 eggs, and I think the extra fat is going a long way to keeping me more satisfied between breakfast and lunch.
        I've been doing the same thing (although I'm eating a whole avocado) and agree 100%
        -Chuck

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
          hahaha this made me laugh.
          My work here is done.
          F, 44 years old, 111.8 lbs, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
            Just for fun I tracked my calories for today. The ribs put me over the top at 1800+ calories for the day, with 60 carbs, 145 gms fat (ribs... lol) and a sad looking 84 gm protein.

Made my plan for tomorrow and it looks much better. 1460 calories, 61 carbs, 107 fat, and 100 protein. Much better ratios. Still not ideal, but better than today. According to MyFitnessPal, if I keep up these numbers, I'll be at 184 in 5 weeks. Psht... whatever! It won't take no 5 weeks! Not with the Whole30 on my side.
            Sometimes, it really does come down to the calories. Good for you for tracking to get a sense of where they're coming from.

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

Comment

• Originally posted by impala454 View Post
              Lol "gold plated bacon". The last thing we need here is more acronyms! (and that's coming from a guy that works at NASA).
              Too many TLAs*, eh?

* three-letter acronyms

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaradel View Post
                Dude, I so want to borrow that quote for my signature.
                Borrow away!

Comment

• Originally posted by SophieScreams View Post
                  Doh! The Wellness Meats bacon is out of stock!

SOPHIE WANT BAAAAAACON!!!
                  That's because I bought it all. Stupid minimum-weight requirement for shipping...humph.

Comment

I may give the "fat bread" recipe (http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread63644.html) a try. I know Whole30 says no "paleoifying" the bad stuff like bread, but I can't possibly see how this could be bad for Whole30. It's eggs, macadamia nuts, coconut, lemon juice, baking soda, and salt. Any thoughts?
                    Slippery slope. The idea is to get used to not having bread, rather than get used to having a bread substitute. But hey, whatever works -- I won't tattle.

Comment

• Okay, I'm actually feeling a little nauseous. Huh. Maybe the "this smells off" thing wasn't in my head. If there is vomiting, I will be very sad. I have to test for my taekwondo advanced brown belt tomorrow night -- I don't have time for food poisoning. Come on, body - settle!

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieKessler View Post
                        And holy cats, there is a TON of bacon in this package. I may have to make bacon-wrapped bacon, over bacon, dripping in bacon fat, with a side of bacon.
                        If you aren't looking forward to bacon-wrapped bacon, over bacon, dripping in bacon fat, with a side of bacon you can freeze it raw or cooked.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieKessler View Post
                          Slippery slope. The idea is to get used to not having bread, rather than get used to having a bread substitute. But hey, whatever works -- I won't tattle.
                          Well I haven't bought a loaf of bread in over a year and a half, so not too worried about slipping down the slope . This particular recipe is different from most of the "paleo breads" I've seen, there's no weird wannabe flours or anything, just the ingredients I listed. I'm more or less just curious, I doubt it's some amazing thing that I'll get addicted to and regain 100 lbs off of
                          -Chuck

Comment

• Originally posted by marcadav View Post
                            If you aren't looking forward to bacon-wrapped bacon, over bacon, dripping in bacon fat, with a side of bacon you can freeze it raw or cooked.
                            Already thawed; can't refreeze it raw.

I think I'm making a shitton (yes, that's an official word) of bacon tonight, and then freezing it.

Comment

Well I haven't bought a loaf of bread in over a year and a half, so not too worried about slipping down the slope . This particular recipe is different from most of the "paleo breads" I've seen, there's no weird wannabe flours or anything, just the ingredients I listed. I'm more or less just curious, I doubt it's some amazing thing that I'll get addicted to and regain 100 lbs off of
                              Then go for it.
                              Last edited by dragonjax; 08-08-2012, 01:55 PM. Reason: I caint spel

Comment

• I'm looking at the possibility of buying a loaf of Paleo bread for my son. It's a step in the right direction, anyway.
                                Primal since March 5, 2012
                                SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

Working...
                                X