• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SophieScreams View Post
    Oh... ***pulling out horn to toot for self***

I kicked today's WOD in the face!
    RAH!!!!! Go you!!!

I caved and bought the US Wellness bacon. I should get the shipment tomorrow. I'll let you know whether it was worth it. (Effin' bacon better be gold-plated...)
    F, 44 years old, 111.8 lbs, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieKessler View Post
      RAH!!!!! Go you!!!

I caved and bought the US Wellness bacon. I should get the shipment tomorrow. I'll let you know whether it was worth it. (Effin' bacon better be gold-plated...)
      Thanks, and please do share your thoughts on this "Cadillac of Bacons" when it arrives.
      “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

Comment

• I was craving something SWEET, SOUR & CRUNCHY...so I went to the store. I limited myself to the fresh veggies and fruit section of the store and walked out with a fresh pineapple, purple and green cabbage. Came home cut up my cabbage, pineapple then tossed it in a bowl, added some shredded carrots and white vinegar. Put it in the refrigerator for 20 mins and WOW!! that hit the spot!! I guess it's like a coleslaw with no mayo!!

Comment

• Originally posted by islandwahine View Post
          I was craving something SWEET, SOUR & CRUNCHY...so I went to the store. I limited myself to the fresh veggies and fruit section of the store and walked out with a fresh pineapple, purple and green cabbage. Came home cut up my cabbage, pineapple then tossed it in a bowl, added some shredded carrots and white vinegar. Put it in the refrigerator for 20 mins and WOW!! that hit the spot!! I guess it's like a coleslaw with no mayo!!
          Awesome.

I still can't believe how relatively painless my TOM is. Holy cats, if this is from Whole30, I'm hooked.

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

Comment

• Originally posted by Primegal View Post
            I figure that all our bodies are busy cleansing during the Whole30, so hopefully the headaches & other symptoms are signs that you are on the right track & healing
            I sure hope so! Otherwise, there is absolutely no reason to give up Cheez-Its

I had another good day, food-wise, although I think I'm leaning too heavily on nuts and seeds instead of quality meats and fats. Is it even possible to get sick of steak? Because I might be getting there.

I've utterly failed in the exercise department, though. I got some Vibrams for my birthday so I'll give them a whirl around the neighborhood tomorrow. Gotta start somewhere!
            Primal Journal - Zinnia

Comment

• If you're going overboard on nuts and seeds, look up the serving size (usually about 1/4 cup) and put that in individual containers/baggies. That might help to limit how much you have in one sitting/per day.
              Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                If you're going overboard on nuts and seeds, look up the serving size (usually about 1/4 cup) and put that in individual containers/baggies. That might help to limit how much you have in one sitting/per day.
                ^
                A thousand times, this.

A helpful tip about nuts: usually, a loose fist's worth is one serving size.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieKessler View Post
                  Awesome.

I still can't believe how relatively painless my TOM is. Holy cats, if this is from Whole30, I'm hooked.
                  I find getting caught offgaurd by my TOM by my lack of incredible mood swings and jawline acne incredibly annoying.... How am I supposted to plan now???

Comment

• Originally posted by nopie View Post
                    I find getting caught offgaurd by my TOM by my lack of incredible mood swings and jawline acne incredibly annoying.... How am I supposted to plan now???
                    Mark the start on a calendar, count out on your calendar 25 - 45 days. Be alert during those 20 days. When I was trying to conceive, I tracked my temperature and learned I have a 35 day cycle without birth control on SAD. Counting would be just as easy though and wouldn't require a 4 am wake up. Presently, I'm on birth control (depo provera) so I haven't had a period since my daughter was 5 or 6 months old... she's 27 months old now. And while that is convenient, it has completely KILLED my sex drive. I'd rather get TOM I think...
                    Primal since March 5, 2012
                    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Tonight, I got into the fruit again. Strawberries, pineapple and fine shredded unsweetened coconut. Tried to get some more coconut milk tonight but couldn't find it at the grocery. Turns out I got it at Walmart, so I'll be stopping there tomorrow night (need dishwasher packets anyway). The brand I get is GoldenStar and contains only coconut and water, in case anyone is interested. I plan to mix it in the processor with strawberries and pineapple for a nice ice cream like dessert.
                      Primal since March 5, 2012
                      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Looks like everyone is doing well! I'm a little low on calories the past couple days, need to get some more fat I think. I feel great though! I'm sleeping so well it's awesome. We're 25% done folks! I can see that beer (or fill in the blank for yourself) at the end of the tunnel :P
                        -Chuck

Comment

• I finally had a rough go with the Whole30 last night. Couldn't for the life of me fall asleep and stay that way. It's Day 3 of diarrhea(sorry guys) and the cramping started in as soon as I finished my evening meal. I had Applegate grass fed beef dogs(no sugar or other non-approved junk), sunchokes fried in coconut ghee, and choco-banana "ice cream." And bites of the pumpkin chili that wasn't going to be ready at a decent hour, hence the hot dog dinner.
                          Needless to say, I feel like total dog shit this morning.

I also stepped on the scale. My weight is exactly the same. Umm, I gave up WINE for that? I'm not throwing the towel in, I just expected some improvement there. I gained weight last spring with IF and a birth control disaster, and it just won't go away.

I'm off fruit for now, I suppose.
                          “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

Comment

• Damn, lost my post!

Sophie, give it more time, you're only one week down. What have you been eating the past 3 days? Maybe there is a common link that is causing the diarrhea.

I can't believe it's only been 1 week, feels like much longer. Not because this challenge is particularly difficult for me, just a slow week, I guess. I'm almost out of my homemade ghee and will probably be biking to Trader Joe's for more Kerrygold butter soon. I also need to find a small olive oil bottle to put my new spouts in or an opaque bottle with a spout.
                            Depression Lies

Comment

• Sophie, I'm with Namelesswonder - give it more time. I've been holding steady at my 4.2 pound weight loss for five days straight -- but the inches are slowly going down, and I didn't gain **anything** during TOM, which is a first in a long, long time. Your body is adjusting - clearly, based on the fudge factory opening -- so let it flush out the toxins. Are you drinking water? Eating raw greens?

Comment

• Hey Sophie maybe it'd be good to try some simpler foods? It sounds like you're going nuts trying to find all kinds of extravagant paleo foods. For myself a lot of times it's a simple matter of browning up a pound of ground beef with some taco type seasonings and putting some easy to prepare vegetable with it. Cheap, easy, and simple, and you're not throwing a ton of stuff at your body that it's not used to. I get all my meat from a local mom & pop shop butcher so I feel good about the source (they say it's "grass finished" and that's good enough for me). In fact that reminds me today is butcher shop day... time to grab a box of ribeyes and another 10 lbs of ground chuck
                                -Chuck

Comment

Working...
                                X