Soaking up egg yolks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soaking up egg yolks

What are some suggestions for things to accompany eggs with uncooked yolks (poached, lightly fried, etc.)?

Fried egg over leftovers is always good; I've used potatoes and ground beef. What are some other things that lend themselves well to soaking up that delicious yolk?

Fried eggs on rice is pretty good, especially when the yolk is still runny. It's quite common in Thai food.

I also like runny eggs on salads. Soft boiled works best, kind of like a lush, warm salad dressing. If you havent tried it yet, give it a go. Delish.
    SW: 68 kg. * CW: 61.5 kg. * GW: 60 kg or less...
    “Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it.” ~ Buddha

Comment

My tongue. I just lick the plate clean.
      Female, age 51, 5' 9"
      SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
      2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Comment

Bacon is great for dipping in egg yolk! I also like steak with runny egg yolk.

Comment

Originally posted by jojohaligo View Post
          My tongue. I just lick the plate clean.
          +1

Unless there is salad, steak or burger involved.
          Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
          PS
          Don't forget to play!

Comment

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who licks the plate clean of yolk! That stuff is so good....

Comment

I often use vegetables... mushrooms, peppers, spinach

Comment

Broccoli and/or bacon. My two favourites!

Comment

Oooh, I like the salad idea. I always soft boil my eggs instead of hard boiling (btw, steamer basket is awesome for this).

All good suggestions, even plate licking. :P

Comment

Originally posted by jojohaligo View Post
                    my tongue. I just lick the plate clean.
                    lol

Comment

Originally posted by camel View Post
                      Bacon is great for dipping in egg yolk! I also like steak with runny egg yolk.
                      My faves

Comment

Sweet potatoes (baked first, then) browned in the pan between cooking the bacon and the eggs.

Comment

When I have fried eggs, I often eat all the whites first, carefully trimming it away from the yolk. Then I gently scoop the yolk up with my fork and pop it into my mouth whole. That way I don't risk losing a single precious drop of gooey nutritious goodnes!

Comment

Broccoli works great, squash too.

My most favorite bkfast, brown onions, red peppers, broc & squash in ghee,
                            Break 2 eggs over, lid on pan maybe 2 mins, org pepper, himalayan sea salt.
                            Will keep u so satisfied with no hunger pains for at least 5 hrs.
                            I eat this nearly every morning, 3 oz red grapefruit juice, multivitamin.

Comment

These are great ideas. I started just cooking them hard, since I wasnt sopping it up with toast anymore. And since I was counting every calorie, (yes I know, dont count but I do, I still need to) I didnt want to waste any so I thought I could get more mileage out of hard yolks
                              65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Comment

Working...
                              X