Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeling "wierd" when being primal

Hi all!

I have been eating "primal" for several months before re-eating industrialised foods (bad!) and started to re-discipline myself to eat only primal, but I have a question.

When being on "primal" I fell like i'm missing something, like some aliment and I'm more food obsessed.

Would you think that it is because my quantity is insufficiant? or is that the famous "akins flu" that lasts some time.

Thank you, any guidance would be appreciated.

PS.- I'v been feeling like that for a week.

It always strange for me reading about people who went primal and then went back to SAD.
    Like, why?
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

Comment

It'll help if you post a typical days diet.

Comment

And also, I don't feel more energised at all (i'v got low blood pressure), but i'm more "zen".

Would you know any aliments that may increase the blood pressure? Thank you!

Comment

Maybe your missing carbs aka sugar?
          Ray Peat Forum
          "A place to discuss everything Ray Peat"

Comment

fruits when hungry, otherwise minced beef salad, chicken with vegetables, tea with honey at night, fish with salad, beef with salad, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Gilleh View Post
              It always strange for me reading about people who went primal and then went back to SAD.
              Like, why?
              university exams, couldn't feel so tired and didn't have the time for proper cooking + feeling always a bit hungry
              Last edited by twiiistch; 07-25-2012, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by charliemathers View Post
                Maybe your missing carbs aka sugar?
                maybe it's possible i need more vegs. maybe a juicer would help

Comment

Your not going to get much carbs from veggies. Most of it is used in the digestive process.
                  Ray Peat Forum
                  "A place to discuss everything Ray Peat"

Comment

Originally posted by twiiistch View Post
                    fruits when hungry, otherwise minced beef salad, chicken with vegetables, tea with honey at night, fish with salad, beef with salad, ...
                    Looks like you need some fat... what are you cooking your beef in?
                    Can you eat eggs?
                    5'0" female, 45 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Gained back to 115(!) on SAD chocolate, potato chips, and stress. Currently 111.

Comment

maybe I'm missing something here, but what is an aliment?
                      it does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live

at just the right time, we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't give up

Comment

Originally posted by oxide View Post
                        Looks like you need some fat... what are you cooking your beef in?
                        Can you eat eggs?
                        olive oil, yep i do sometimes when i don't fast in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by jesssa View Post
                          maybe I'm missing something here, but what is an aliment?
                          any element used for your alimenatation?

Comment

The OP means nutrient. Aliment is the french word for it. Si vous avez un question est tu veu demande correct tu peu me demander a traduire. As you can see my french is not perfect but I get by.
                            Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Comment

There could be any number of reasons - some psychological, some physical.

Here is a possible (incomplete) short list:

You still have the carb flu - mine lasted 5 solid weeks, with several more weeks of slowly regaining energy
                              Your body is finally getting the nutrition it needs and is craving the good food you are giving it
                              You really are missing an aliment - make sure you get enough good fats AND reduce the bad ones, and make bone broth
                              You sound like you could perhaps use a bit of sweet potato in there, or some type of equivalent carb (adding a bit of carbohydrate helps me feel fuller, too)
                              You are fasting and perhaps with your schedule, you shouldn't be doing IF at this particular time (simply need more food)
                              You are thinking of food because going Primal REQUIRES that you think seriously about your food choices - this is natural
                              You are going through SAD food withdrawal, a lot like you have had an addiction - I don't know how awful of a SAD eater you have been, but I know that sugar (for example) causes addiction-like symptoms in some and consequently withdrawal when avoided

Make sure you do go to the doctor if you feel really ill - Primal isn't a replacement for a good doctor when needed, okay?
                              I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

Working...
                              X