A new "So, What's For Dinner" thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new "So, What's For Dinner" thread

I can't find the ongoing one, just the old one that hasn't been posted on for 3 or 4 days...

Last nite: Chicken salad atop a small mixed green salad, lime/evoo dressing. Leek/cauliflower pureed chowder (double portions :-). Stewed tomatoes & okra. Summer's bounty rocks!
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

hmmmm I think I am going to have grilled tilapia and some thai coconut soup the fiancee made

Comment

I'll be having a huge scrambled omelette with chorizo, welsh cheddar, rice vermicelli with tomato sauce, peas and carrots.

Comment

Last night we had smoked Haddock with a sauce I made from onions, coconut milk, cream, garlic, chillies, juice of lemon and some coriander. It was really delicious. I also made some butternut squash chips, grilled aubergine and peppers fried in butter and lemon juice with coriander.

Comment

Tonite, am lookin' at the smoked halibut pushed to the very back of the fridge by my mom... Maybe some steamed veggies w/ a decadent sauce on top, finish off the leek/cauliflower chowder from last nite... Will have to write down that impromptu/improvised recipe, it was de-lish!

@HazelPrimalNut,

That sounds awesome! It's been ages since I had smoked haddock...

Comment

I have cute little Poussins thawed out in the fridge. Thinking about having some kale and onions sauteed with generous amounts of coconut oil on the side. Creamed kale without butter? I can try!

Then some yummy berries for dessert? Yum.

Comment

I'm not sure which I'll eat for dinner and which I'll eat whenever, but one meal is grilled chicken with mashed/creamed cauliflower & spinach. The other is burger, collards, mushrooms, tomato sauteed together with a fried egg on top.

I probably eat the same combination of foods 90% of the time. I don't like to fuss, and rather than being bored, it keeps me sane.

I love checking out the recipe and dinner threads though. Never know when something new will get my eye and become one of my regulars.
              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

GF is going to the really good seafood market in our area (They never let me buy an oyster without shucking one for me to try. No farm-raised anything. Really good joint.) and we're having whatever sushi-grade item catches her eye.

We'll just slice it and roll up pieces in nori paper with some combination of avocado and cream cheese, and maybe a drop of wasabi/tamari mixture.

Dessert is prosciutto and cappocollo with some raw milk spanish sheep's cheese she came home with the other day.

I'll be fresh off this evening's squat workout, and will be breaking a medium-length fast (either 28 or 32 hours depending on how you count).
                The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Leek and cauliflower chowder? Sounds delish! Do spill the details on that recipe. I have some leftover leeks from the Monday farmer's market trip.

Tonight: grass-fed/finished beef filets rubbed down with my own rosemary and thyme, roasted garlic marinade. Zucchini "noodles" made with my nifty julienne slicer, more of the greens I stockpile every week and 2 of the last heirloom tomatoes.

Betorq, great Gandhi quote! So easy to get very wrapped up in over thinking.
                  http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...d61289-12.html

Comment

Leek and cauliflower chowder? Sounds delish! Do spill the details on that recipe. I have some leftover leeks from the Monday farmer's market trip.

Tonight: grass-fed/finished beef filets rubbed down with my own rosemary and thyme, roasted garlic marinade. Zucchini "noodles" made with my nifty julienne slicer, more of the greens I stockpile every week and 2 of the last heirloom tomatoes.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...d61289-12.html

Comment

Supper? hmm likely a few romaine lettuce wrapped around slices of chicken and tomatoes. Some strawberries and booblerries. I can cook, dont always want to.
                      Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Comment

SWEET! 24 hour fasts all week....so my one meal today was:

1/2 pound of liver with one sauteed onion (4 tablespoons of butter)

1 pound of bone in roast smothered in reduced broth and some extra butter. Leeks, carrots, and celery soaking up all the juices too (just a bit of this). Cracked two eggs over it to top it off.

About 1/2 cup of home fermented veggies. 12 oz of raw milk. Tablespoon of almond butter.

Good stuff. Think I'll make it to tomorrows dinner without issue

Comment

Steak salad with blue cheese, red onion, avocado, romaine, spinach, and butter as the dressing.

Comment

Pastured chorizo style sausages on the grill with peppers and onions, sauteed in lard and brussels sprouts cooked in bacon drippings with bacon an onions, tossed with freshly grated romano cheese.
                            Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

Originally posted by avocadogirl View Post

It was pretty quick & easy: clean grit from, cut up & saute the leeks (1-2 big 1s) in unsalted butter & lil sea salt. add bit of water as needed (couple of times?) if it gets dry & starts to burn (I cook onions on high:-), throw in any mushrooms if you have leftovers or hangers ons... in a separate pot cook up 1 chopped up garden tomato & a whole head or 3/4 head chopped cauliflower in small amount of water, s&p to taste, cover & lower temp to simmer til soft. throw contents of both pots into blender, add 3/4-1 can coconut milk & give it all a whirl. it ought to be thick & look like pea soup. adjust to taste w/ italian seasonings, or whatever you have handy, plate 'em & consume mass quantities

Comment

Working...
                              X