No announcement yet.

A new "So, What's For Dinner" thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supper last night - ratatouille, corn on the cob (I know, but it's summer - I only ate one) and scrambled eggs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghshl View Post
      For breakfast/lunch I had a flank steak with a sauce made with one huge onion, plus butter and cream.
      It was good, even though the steak was quite chewy.
      Flank tends to be best marinated, grilled and then cut against the grain like for fajitas.
      Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

• I just realised that fillet steak caramelised in the pan, then finished in the oven, is sooooo much better than just cooked in the pan.

Even better when wrapped in bacon whilst in the oven and smothered in sauteed mushrooms....mmmmm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackcatbone View Post
          Flank tends to be best marinated, grilled and then cut against the grain like for fajitas.
          Not necessarily. I have a recipe that pan braises flank steak in a little beef broth, lemon juice and minced garlic for about an hour and then sliced across the grain. Very yummy tender. I've also used that method on pot roast.
          Last edited by Lynna; 08-10-2012, 10:57 AM.

Comment

• ok i need a new new new liver recipe.

i have about 10 pounds and a girl who cant really stand it,

we have done curried

with onions

in chilli

what else?
            Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
            Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
            Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by quelsen View Post
              ok i need a new new new liver recipe.
              i have about 10 pounds and a girl who cant really stand it,
              we have done curried
              with onions
              in chilli
              what else?
              Is it chicken or beef liver? Chicken has the mildest taste, beef the stronger by far. Never had pig liver (yet).
              I make a pate' w/ carmelized onions in butter, a finely diced sweet apple cooked into the onions @ the end of the carmelization process. Balsamic, whatever else you have handy for veggies, This makes a sweeter pate' than many other recipes I've done/tasted. Perfect for liver newbies, imo.... It is delish!
              "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
              "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
              "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Comment

• I am going to make lightly braised liver and a medley from Outta Garden veggies (golden and red beets, carrots, zucchinis and peas) sauteed or roasted, with maybe a bit of seeds thrown in....
                My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

• Had a large lunch so for dinner it was just .....about a whole bar of 90% chocolate with 2-3 tablespoons of almond butter. Actually quite filling

Comment

• Yeah, at least this one would have benefitted from it.
                    I did however buy a flank steak from a higher class shop with it's own butcher last week, and that one worked perfectly treated as a normal steak.

Comment

• Oh, and today's dinner was Black Angus irish hamburger, with cheddar cheese and bacon. Sans the bun, of course Also drizzled the extra baconfat on my portion, as the rest of my family didn't want it

Comment

• Shiritaki noodles tossed with chicken thighs, mushrooms, and artichoke pesto!

Comment

• Attempting to make a primal eggplant parmigiana (without the parmesan). I am adding just a little bit of goat cheese though. Some other veggies on the side. My roommates and I ended up without any meat available so we had to improvise tonight (I'm the only one who subscribes to Primal but they eat and love everything I make).
                          "It is never too late to be what you might have been" - George Eliot

12 week health challenge (95%, more moving)
                          Start -- March 1st -- 173.4
                          End -- May 24th -- 158.6

Comment

• -Confession- I had Chipotle for dinner! It may not have been the first time this week!

I would LOVE some shiratake noodles but I thought they were soy! Are there non-soy ones??? That would make my tummy oh-so-happy! Also I'm seriously considering making the chicken liver pate recipe that was on the site not too long ago, but what do you eat it with/on?
                            Last edited by cavebabymama; 08-10-2012, 09:00 PM.
                            Happy Wifey and NEW MOM!
                            Pre-preg weight: 130
                            Current: 145 (eek!)
                            Goal: ??? <-- whatever it takes to get rid of this tire!
                            Started Primal in May '12.
                            My Blog
                            Join the Revolution!

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebabymama View Post
                              -Confession- I had Chipotle for dinner! It may not have been the first time this week!

I would LOVE some shiratake noodles but I thought they were soy! Are there non-soy ones??? That would make my tummy oh-so-happy!
                              Yep! There totally are non-soy ones! They are awesome!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebabymama View Post
                                -Confession- I had Chipotle for dinner! It may not have been the first time this week!

I would LOVE some shiratake noodles but I thought they were soy! Are there non-soy ones??? That would make my tummy oh-so-happy! Also I'm seriously considering making the chicken liver pate recipe that was on the site not too long ago, but what do you eat it with/on?
                                There are far worse fast food joints to eat at. I thought they had ok to good quality meats @ Chipotle..? Shiratake aka Konjac originally come in plain (glucomannan) 100% soluble yam fibre. The tofu version was developed later. I'm slowly gathering info to make a future MDA quantitative/qualitative review of konjac vs kelp noodles. I've discovered it's a more complex process than I had anticipated, & I'm in no hurry. Eating my way thru the experiment... Pork rinds have become my recent go-to replacement for corn/potato chips for all my dipping activities. I get the plain ones @ the Dollar Tree near my apt, as they are just fat, protein, salt, with no carbs. My pate' is not salty, it's savory, so pork rinds work well for my palate...
                                "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
                                "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
                                "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X