No announcement yet.

A new "So, What's For Dinner" thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rack of ribs is calling me. I actually ate lunch today (been doing 24hr fasts) so I probably wont need any side dishes.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawyerchick12 View Post
      Having some indian mutton soup I bought from the indian restaurant close to my office. I always forget the name but I am pretty addicted and they use prime organic stuff to prepare their food....or so they claim at least.
      Yeah, there's this South & North Indian restaurant back in San Rafael, they have a nice creamy mutton on their lunch buffet. The owner says its from a high quality goat rancher, tastes divine. I miss eating there once a month, since being in Atl...

Dinner: 3/4 lb whole big local prawns, set into hot water til turned pink while I made a simple salad. Dipped the prawn meat into melted butter with sea salt & garlic powder that thickened into a paste when it cooled a bit. A Thai coconut water & tender flesh for dessert with a decadent chocolate truffle from Whole Foods.
      "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
      "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
      "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Comment

I'm making a curry from the leftovers from last night's lamb shoulder roast.

Comment

Lazy dinner. Grilled Polish sausage and zucchini grilled then tossed in pesto.
          Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

Paleobird that's a great idea; we have an abundance of Italian squash from the garden.

Blackcatbone, Vietnamese GB sounds delicious!

Betork, your suggestions made me think of one of my favorite dishes: Beef Carpaccio. Perhaps we could serve it over arugula. We have our own chickens so I know the eggs are fresh.

Tonight I had to take a break from beef so I made Thai Grilled Chicken Thighs with Basil and Cilantro, Thai Cucumber and Carrot Salad with Mint and Thai Green Beans and Red peppers with an Almond Butter (instead of PB) and sesame sauce. I splurged and had a very good glass of Sauvignon Blanc with dinner. All the veggies were lovingly grown by Hubby.
            Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

Turkey breast, baked w/ lime slices & black pepper. Simple & amazingly yummy. Asian salad with thinly sliced napa, celery bits marinated in rice vinegar, lime juice, s&p. Strawberry papaya for dessert. Made a pesto but forgot to bring it out I was so hungry, since I hadn't eaten since morning.
              Last edited by Betorq; 08-05-2012, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
                Paleobird that's a great idea; we have an abundance of Italian squash from the garden.
                Tis the season. My neighbors have resorted to sneak zucchini attacks, leaving bags of it on the door knob.

Tonight we had heart steaks with a side of mushrooms and asparagus cooked in some of my homemade bone broth.

Comment

We picked up our side of beef today and everything fit in the freezer except, the fat which we will render tomorrow and the bones. We have a lot of bones! I had to put them in a cooler and buy ice to hold them for a day fortunately they are frozen. First to to deal with is the fat which we are going to render on our parabolic solar cooker. Hubby did it last year while I was out of town he said it worked really well. When the fat is done we start making broth on the solar cooker. Normally I do it over the course of several months but there's no room in the freezer so I will have to make it all now and store the broth which obviously takes up much less room than bones. It feels good to have our meat for the year.
                  Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

Chicken, mango and avocado salad.

I think it would be better with poached chicken. Next time!

Comment

• Starting early w spaghetti squash season!

Since it was Sunday.... Being Italian, we have a huge Sunday dinner. Raviolis, cavatelli, fresh gravy, garlic bread, meatballs, sausage, salads. Insanity. Parents are old school. Nonpaleo obviously, but they make a mean sauce. I smothered my spaghetti squash w loads of gravy! So Delish!

Comment

• OMFG, I made the BEST dinner. I converted this 'tortilla' recipe to something a bit more middle eastern, like a pita. Primal Tex-Mex Tortillas and Taco Seasoning | Mark's Daily Apple When I made it as tortillas it seemed more M.E. anyhow. I upped the spices, used cumin (which I love) and garlic instead of the chili powder. I also mixed 1/2 kefir with 1/2 water for the liquid and lemon juice instead of lime. Then I made a basic tahini sauce with lemon, garlic and olive oil. I cut up chicken breasts and marinated them in what was actually a cuban marinade, mojo criollo, but it has enough of the right spices so close enough. Skewered then grilled them then threw the 'tortilla/pitas' on the grill to warm them back up. Ate with cubed tomatoes drizzled in olive oil.
                        Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

• Pulled pork, yes! Slow cooked for 8 hours.

Comment

• 1/4lb of liverwurst, half rack of slow cooked ribs, 1/2 cup fermented veggies (leeks, cabbage, garlic), 1 sweet potato as fries, glass of raw milk, and some 90% dark chocolate. Did this after a 24 hr fasted HIT resistance work out.

Comment

• Got home late after a full day, famished. Parental unit had forgotten to put the babyback ribs in the oven, so I improvised: reheated last night's leftover chicken sausage (w/ aged smoked white chedder & spinach mixed in it), chopped up some red & yellow peppers, sliced cukes, my sauerkraut & poured my habanero hot sauce over the 2 sausages.

Lunch was leftovers too, yummy ones (last of the pulled pork w/ spicy hot bbq sauce & mussels in a veggie stir fry w/ konjac angel hair pasta), as I cleaned out/reorganized the fridge today & they were calling out to be eaten...

Comment

• For breakfast/lunch I had a flank steak with a sauce made with one huge onion, plus butter and cream.
                                It was good, even though the steak was quite chewy.

Comment

Working...
                                X