No announcement yet.

A new "So, What's For Dinner" thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beef Brisket with a Primal Chipotle BBQ Sauce and a Sweet Potato with Butter.

Comment

I had a slow cooked duck and roasted cauliflower.

Comment

Grilled;
        London broil.
        Sweet potato.
        Sliced zuchinni from my garden.

Comment

I just sliced and marinated huge amounts of left-over top round steaks in avocado oil with a touch of balsamic and a lot more white vinegar, freshly cracked peppercorns and crashed garlic. That should make nice stir-fry to go with broiled eggplant chips (coconut oil) and fresh salad from peppers, tomatoes, cucs and greens (no dressing, we like our salads nekkkid). Smoothies with our own berries & fruit plate with watermelon, plums & apricots for dessert for the folks, and a rhubarb smoothie for me.
          My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
          When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Let me say it again, MAN you guys eat good!! how the hell do you find the time! lol

The other night i had a good post workout meal, 1 pound of chicken with alot of chili powder browned in coconut oil, added some ginger and garlic, lime juice, sciracha (sp?), veg stock, coconut milk, fresh cilantro, and ALOT of curry powder. Mixed in about 2.5 cups of white rice and demolished that bowl in about 3.5 minutes.

Comment

Crock pot beef heart. I slice it into 3/4" (~1.5cm) thick strips and put it in the crockpot. Girlfriend dumps in tomato juice and a bunch of cayenne, cinnamon, salt, pepper, red pepper flake, garlic powder, onion powder, and turmeric and then turns it on.

Then we go to work and when we come home, it's a barbecuey/beefy/delicious mess.
              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by stumprrp View Post
                Let me say it again, MAN you guys eat good!! how the hell do you find the time! lol
                Most days I actually eat pretty simply. A good piece of meat doesn't need much more than salt and pepper, maybe a bit of garlic powder. And I grill A LOT. Helps having a natural gas grill right outside the back door. Last night we had grilled pork chops, just a bit of garlic powder, grilled, and sliced heirloom tomatoes with a sprinkling of feta and olive oil. OMG, it was so good. And it amazes me the difference in the fat on a grass fed animal and grain fed. I've been buying meat from these guys (Highly recommend to anyone in TN or N. GA.) West Wind Farms and gobbling up every bit. Poor dogs.
                Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

Originally posted by jammies View Post
                  Oxtail stew with roasted turnips and mushrooms tonight (my first time preparing it) - so far it smells great and the broth/sauce is really tasty. I had liver on Friday night so I'm feeling good about getting my offal in the this week. Since I have the oven on I'm roasting up a whole chicken for chicken mushroom soup for my lunches all week. I love having lots of great food all prepared ahead - makes for a smooth transition to the work week
                  Isn't oxtail stew a stroke of genius!! I imagine some ancient chinese farmer, with a recently deceased ox on his hands, wondering how to best make the best of a bad situation: an old dead ox, with tough stringy flesh from years of service & well, being an old dead ox. Did he have a lightbulb moment (before lightbulbs existed?) or did he get the recipe from his grandmother?
                  "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
                  "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
                  "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Betorq View Post
                    Isn't oxtail stew a stroke of genius!! I imagine some ancient chinese farmer, with a recently deceased ox on his hands, wondering how to best make the best of a bad situation: an old dead ox, with tough stringy flesh from years of service & well, being an old dead ox. Did he have a lightbulb moment (before lightbulbs existed?) or did he get the recipe from his grandmother?
                    I'm sure it came about because everything used to be eaten. I love oxtail stew but usually throw them in the crockpot with some stew meat and a bunch of leeks, a little salt and pepper and the perfect meal for a cold day.

Comment

Liverwurst and sauerkraut for dinner then a bananna. Sounds boring, but the best meals sometimes are .

Comment

Tonight is Chicken legs marinated in some Braggberry Marinade with beets from my garden and beet greens sauteed in coconut oil with garlic and green beans. About to sit down and eat it right now. I also LOVE the grill not only for the taste but for the lack of dishes.

Comment

A big mess of brussels sprouts fried up with bacon and onions.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcatbone View Post
                            A big mess of brussels sprouts fried up with bacon and onions.
                            I love you for using that term.

Here... a stir fry of random veg... broccoli, cauli, green beans, asparagus, yellow squash, carrots, water chestnuts, sugar snap peas, mushrooms... yeah, a little of everything!
                            And grilled pork loin chops with a marinade generous on the garlic, and a touch of calamondin juice and zest.
                            “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                            ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                            And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

We had monster sized zucchini (Yes. The neighbors. Again.) hollowed out and stuffed with ground ostrich mixed with chopped onions tomatoes and pine nuts then baked. I overcooked it just a tad but it was still tasty.

Comment

IMG_20120730_195429.jpg
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X