No announcement yet.

A new "So, What's For Dinner" thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clam chowder made with fresh new england clams, canned whole oysters, canned anchovies, chopped sweet potatoes, cauli, onions, chives, coconut milk, bacon fat. Green salad with evoo and balsamic

Last night: 'natural' ground beef (on vacation, store did not have GF/GF beef) burgers with avocado and red peppers and coconut oil mixed in.

Comment

Small grass fed rare-cooked burgers w/ well saute'd yellow onions.
      3Cheese quiche: eggs,spinach, onions, italian sausage lil pieces, w/ a buttered crust made of 1/3 coconut flakes, 1/3 soaked mac nuts & 1/3 soaked almonds w/ italian seasonings, sage, s&p, extra oregano, garden-picked basil.
      Mixed salad, heirloom tomatoes w/ salt & balsamic vinegar on top.
      Too full for dessert...
      "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
      "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
      "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Comment

A pound of head-on shrimp. Boiled with spices. They were so good, I didn't even want to dip them in anything. I did put a little hot sauce and lemon on them. No veggies. Too stuffed.

Sucking their heads isn't as tasty as sucking crawfish heads, but alas, the season for those little flavor nuggets is over.
        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
          A pound of head-on shrimp. Boiled with spices. They were so good, I didn't even want to dip them in anything. I did put a little hot sauce and lemon on them. No veggies. Too stuffed.

Sucking their heads isn't as tasty as sucking crawfish heads, but alas, the season for those little flavor nuggets is over.
          Joanie! Are you my neighbor? Mmmm... now I'm craving boiled shrimp.

Comment

Damn you people eat too damn good every night!!! I wish i had the time and patience (or my mom) to make those meals. Tonight will probably be take out shrimp pad thai for post workout, haha.

Comment

Tonite it's wild caught (canned) salmon patties with a side of sauteed zucchini and mushrooms.

I plan on making THIS one day next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Danielle5690 View Post
                Joanie! Are you my neighbor? Mmmm... now I'm craving boiled shrimp.
                We do share the same city (the crawfish reference gave me away?). I found the shrimp for $6/lb at Big Fisherman on Magazine. They had the really really big ones also, but they're a bit sweet for my taste. I went there for salmon, only to find they carry farmed salmon. Got me some shrimp instead.
                Last edited by JoanieL; 07-27-2012, 12:46 PM.
                "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Fajitas!
                  Skirt steak, seasoned, grilled med-rare...
                  Grilled onions&peppers, avocado, lettuce, tomato, cilantro, jalepeno...
                  Delicious.

*edit: All lies... *sigh*
                  Going with ground turkey and stuff instead because it's dinner alone.
                  Last edited by cori93437; 07-27-2012, 03:49 PM.
                  “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                  ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                  And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                    We do share the same city (the crawfish reference gave me away?). I found the shrimp for $6/lb at Big Fisherman on Magazine. They had the really really big ones also, but they're a bit sweet for my taste. I went there for salmon, only to find they carry farmed salmon. Got me some shrimp instead.
                    LOL, it did. Only a local would know when crawfish season is.

Comment

Salmon and shrimp coconut fish soup, a recipe in Mark's cookbook. Some kind of salad on the side.

Comment

Tonight I'll probably make a leftovers frittata with the chorizo sausage, peppers and onions because I'm feeling lazy. I have a rack of ribs in the freezer that I'll probably make this weekend. And I need to make another batch of raw goat's milk creamsicles. I may add lemon to this next batch.
                        Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

I have a leg of goat going in the slow cooker with some onions, garlic, herbs, s&p, and red wine. The house smells delightful.

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                            I have a leg of goat going in the slow cooker with some onions, garlic, herbs, s&p, and red wine. The house smells delightful.
                            I'm SO jealous right now.
                            Mmmmmmm, cabrito! <3
                            “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                            ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                            And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                              I'm SO jealous right now.
                              Mmmmmmm, cabrito! <3
                              +1 I love goat. I should swing by the halal butcher soon.
                              Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                                Well.... I had fatty but big honkin' beef tips slow cooked in a marinade of a rich creamy marsala sauce w/ translucent onions & herbs. It was succulent indeed. Cole slaw & lightly sauteed green beans in butter with extra chunks of garlic. Dessert was yellow pepper sticks, haha... Am stuffed. I don't think I'll ever lose weight eating this way, but man I'm happy...
                                "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
                                "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
                                "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X