A new "So, What's For Dinner" thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
    Take it out of the fridge and let it get to room temp before cooking. Rub with a mix of wasabi, tamari, garlic and anything else that tickles your taste buds. (let it marinade a while if you have time) Get a saute pan really hot. (I like to use coconut oil for seafood but any fat will do. Sear really quickly on both sides leaving the inside a little rare. Slice and put over a salad.
    That sounds wonderful! Is it less effective to try and speed up the thawing process with running water? (I got too hungry to wait lol...but maybe that contributed to the fish not being as amazing as my best friend describes it to be...)

As far as searing really quickly...like a minute per side? More/less?

Comment

• Lots of chicken soup (good slow cooker kind with the whole bird plus bones making broth). A side of kraut. Glass of raw milk.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moll View Post
        That sounds wonderful! Is it less effective to try and speed up the thawing process with running water? (I got too hungry to wait lol...but maybe that contributed to the fish not being as amazing as my best friend describes it to be...)

As far as searing really quickly...like a minute per side? More/less?
        Don;t know how yours was packaged but if it is loose you should put it in a baggie before running water on it but yes that will speed up the thaw. The searing works best when it is all the way thawed and up to room temp. Then you just barely seal both sides. How rare is up to you. If you like sushi, you might like it really rare but that squeems some people out. I love it just in the pan long enough for the color to go white on the outsides. Then don't let it sit in the pan. Have everything else ready and people sitting down.

Comment

• Good to know - thanks! I've got another one so I'll try to go rare next time. I'm probably one of the squeemed out ones but I'm trying to change my perspective. NEVER EVER would have considered pate...but then I read your recipe and all the *enthusiastic* comments...and I may get there eventually!

Comment

• I broke my 2+ day fast tonight @ a community dinner I volunteer in the kitchen prepping & serving meals to 65-70 people. I brought my own coconut oil, my own hot sauce & salad dressing made w/ wasabi, dijon, olive oil & ACV. I had 2 chicken/spinach bratwursts, pulled pork, a small salad, & coleslaw. Poured all my stuff over it, ate 2 cod liver capsules to balance out the O6s in the meats.
            "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
            "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
            "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Comment

• Lasagna... Two fresh CSA eggplants, sliced thin and salted/drained, Ricotta cheese & 4 eggs & a bunch of Arugula mixed, and a can of Fire Roasted tomatoes blended with a whole head of garlic... 75% ground beef, browned with Italian Seasoning... a whole thing of Whole Milk Mozz, and part of a tub of flaked Parma.... all layered in a baking dish. It's currently baking.

Comment

• Simple steak and potatoe....Been a while since I had a potato....holy cow does it devour the butter .... also some kraut which is part of my daily intake (bit of home fermented veggies daily)

Comment

• Two chicken sausages, kraut, grilled green bell pepper, avocado, home made coconut-blueberry "soft-serve", probiotic capsules, seltzer.
                  >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
                  >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
                  >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

Comment

• About a pound of pork brats from Whole Foods over my home made kraut with some spicy mustard.

Came home and was excited to get cooking (very hungry after about 21 hours of fasting and HIT work this morning)....read the ingredients on these brats....included canola oil.......pricks . Cooked it and ate anyhow of course, but it chapped my ass a bit.

Comment

• fried blood sausages with broccoli stir fried in some bacon.

Comment

• Just had burgers - beef and vension burgers cooked, sliced in half ... as the "bun" and filled with guac, tomato, cucumber, egg, chilli sauce and gherkins. The meat made the bun. Side of coleslaw from white cabbage, carrot, egg yolk, mustard, lemon juice and garlic.

Roast beef tomorrow ... the nation's favourite (Britain, that is).
                        Paul
                        http://www.pjgh.co.uk
                        http://www.livingintheiceage.co.uk

"... needs more fish!"

Comment

• Baked salmon, bok choy and kale sauteed in coconut oil.

Thinking about an arm roast tomorrow night...

Comment

• steak and eggs with fresh oregano from the farmers market. just chuck "mock tender" steak. nothing too special
                            Paleo since November 2011 - Carnivore since June 2012
                            Before and after pics
                            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65846.html
                            Primal Sucess Story
                            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65400.html
                            Primal Journal
                            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post955444

Comment

• Breakfast for dinner: 3 egg omelet, covered & slow cooked on low heat (pretty much steamed), skinless,boneless wild Pacific salmon in the middle & Bulgarian lacto-fermented white cheese & homemade pesto over the top. Sauteed in red palm oil & butter diced onions & green peppers on the bottom. Crisp, hard pear half for dessert. Had a massive fatty smoothie for breakfast w/ avos, coco oil, whey from my kefir, some kefir, hemp seeds & 1 handful raspberries, cinnamon & nutmeg, chlorella & touch of himalayan seasalt. Skipped lunch.
                              "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
                              "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
                              "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Comment

• I ate a 10oz rib eye for lunch, so my dinner was small:

3+c salad of grated raw kohlrabi, red and white cabbage with 1/2 avocado and handful of cashews. Dressing was a vinaigrette of melted bacon grease/cider vinegar/olive oil/red salt with a tiny bit of lemonaisse (mayo) whisked in. YUM
                                sigpic
                                Age 48
                                Start date: 7-5-12
                                5'3"
                                121lbs
                                GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
                                Henri Frederic Amiel

Comment

Working...
                                X