A new "So, What's For Dinner" thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RaeVynn View Post
    Today is CSA box day, so we also will be having way too much fruit, and will have to figure out what to do with various things... like fennel. Seriously, fennel?
    Fennel is awesome! Carmelize it. Or saute' it in butter. Or bake it with onions, any root veggies & any meat. It grows wild along foot paths, hikes & roadsides in NorCal. I like to chew on the juicy tender green sprouts when taking pause on hikes. It's refreshing, abates hunger, cleanses the palate & refreshes the breath.
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Comment

• Tonight is my final night in Australia. I have been here for the week along with Gwandad and some friends. I have not had any problems in restaurants. If the waitress doesn't understand, I ask to speak with the chef and he cooks me a fantabulous meal to my specifications. So...... tonight we might try another gorgeous place and ask for hmmmmm....maybe.........rump steak and mushrooms cooked in butter on top of a salad ? no adornments ?
      I am looking forward to it already !!!!
      thanx Australia for a great week
      "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaeVynn View Post
        Fresh Roma beans sautd in bacon grease, served with butter.

Bone broth soup to chase it.

Today is CSA box day, so we also will be having way too much fruit, and will have to figure out what to do with various things... like fennel. Seriously, fennel?
        Shaved fennel in a salad adds delicious crunch. I love to add fennel to my potato soup as well, although it's not really cold enough yet for hot soup.

Comment

• i luv fennel. Its good sort of braised w/ chicken broth.

Comment

• I have a few steaks in the fridge, marinating in coconut aminos, garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, and chili powder. I'll be grilling those bad boys up tonight alongside some swiss chard cooked in olive oil (for me; however, the non-paleo boyfriend will get corn & butter and a cucumber salad as his sides).

Regarding fennel, I've grilled/broiled it in a similar way as this: Perfect Grilled Fennel with Balsamic Vinegar Recipe - Daily Unadventures in Cooking
            >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
            >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
            >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

Comment

• I will be frying some pre-roasted brisket, sliced thinly, in grass-fed butter and fresh minced garlic, and then I'll toss it with roasted spaghetti squash and herbs. Should be good.
              Making adventure out of this thing called life

Comment

• I have class tonight, so I packed two hard boiled eggs, some sliced sausage, a string cheese, a few radishes, and a few grapes. I'm envying the delicious home-cooked meals people are posting!

Comment

• Oven roasted top sirloin. Maybe some mashed cauliflower and definitely tomato and cucumber salad with feta and olive oil.

Comment

• Left over chicken quarters and sliced up avocado. Some home fermented kraut. Glass of raw milk. I'm actually posting this ahead of time, but this is the plan. I may add some liverwurst to the hunt as it is also left over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                      That does look awesome....did you roll that sucker up to cook it?

We thought about rolling, but we opted to divide the meat in two, and attach the second half as a lid on top of the fillings

Comment

• Damn, that meatloaf does look good.

Tonight we're having grilled pastured berkshire pork chops and brussels sprouts sauteed with onions and tossed with fresh grated romano cheese. I LOOOOOVE these pork chops.
                        Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

• Lamb shanks are in the slow cooker with onions, garlic, mushrooms and spices. The whole house smells good enough to eat.

Comment

• Bison burgers.

Comment

• I found some organic low sodium chicken sausages!
                              Soooo... in accordance with my new "low oxalates" rules I had sauteed onions, green apple, and cabbage with sausage!

It was yummy.

But, I had to cook husband a completely separate meal...
                              And that will be pretty much standard for all the sides at least from now on.
                              You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.
                              ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                              And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Tonight we had a dish my husband has been calling Rachel's Italian Summer Stew - A giant pan of veggies from my sisters garden supplemented with whatever we had in the fridge (tonight it was onion, zucchini, mushrooms and a variety of peppers) sauteed in some butter, with some chopped up italian sausage added in as well as a few seasonings. Pour over a jar of Cleveland's Own Little Italy marinara and simmer. Sprinkled some fresh grated romano on top. Very easy, and it was great!

Comment

Working...
                                X