Vitamin D3 brand

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vitamin D3 brand

I've been making an effort to get a lot of sun this summer and feeling great but given my history of fall/winter depression, I think I want to start looking for a D supplement before the summer is over. I also want something for my husband who works an office job and only gets weak early morning and late day sun as he walks from the office to the subway to the bus (ie - pretty much nothing to speak of).

I went to the supermarket and every D3 I found had soybean oil. Before I even started eating this way I had already figured out that soy oil and my digestive system do not mix. I know it's a small amount, but since I'm sure there are brands out there that don't have it, I'd prefer to not chance it (well, that plus I'm doing a Whole 30 in August and I really want to try and do it right).

Any brands of D3 without soy (or grain) oil to recommend? I have a Whole Foods near me plus there's always Amazon.

For me for cost and effectiveness I use NOW foods 5000 IU and I order through Swanson vitamins
    https://www.swansonvitamins.com/NWF182/ItemDetail

Decent price and made with olive oil (it claims-who knows unless you take it to a lab or buy one of those $20.00 or more brands and then I still say who really knows!?!)-anyway just took a physical and my levels are great. I'm 6' 165 lbs and I am 46 years old- so I say somewhat pretty good shape for an "old" guy following paleo/primal. I'm sure you will get other great suggestions.
    Peace

Comment

I use Carlson D drops

Comment

I also use NOW brand. I haven't gotten a sun burn since I started taking them

Comment

This is my favorite... made with olive oil (and available in different IU doses, just search the iHerb site), and very cost-effective:

Healthy Origins, Vitamin D3, 5,000 IU, 360 Softgels - iHerb.com
          Last edited by healthseekerKate; 07-24-2012, 12:38 PM.

Comment

+1 for the Carlson D3 version. I get them at Drugstore.com Buy Carlson Vitamin D3 10000 IU, softgels & More | drugstore.com

Comment

I use Carlson as well. I've heard that they are very reliable and have the 'purest' forms of the various vitamins, and I've been very happy with their poducts.

Comment

Cool, thanks all!

Comment

I also second the carlson drops... They are recommended on a couple of paleo/health podcasts & blogs, too. One of the pluses is the mct oil medium.
                  SW: 243
                  CW: 177
                  Goal: Health

Comment

Is the "Now" brand with olive oil? On amazon it says rice bran but one of the comments said the bottle says olive oil and the amazon description is wrong.

Comment

Ok, the carlson drops look cool! Do those of you who use them eat them or use them topically? And is the description right in that you only need a single drop?

Comment

I use this brand which is in olive oil. Nature's Answer, Vitamin D-3 Drops, 4000 IU, 15 ml - iHerb.com

I get tested regularly and tried, unsuccessfully, for a very long time to correct my severe deficiency. This brand was the first one that got my D3 levels up to normal.
                        Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

Carlson drops got my deficiency up from 8 to 90... drops are the way to go. Looks like Jammies suggested a good one, too. I had trouble, too, until I started using drops. I drop them right on my tongue.

Comment

Another Carlson D3 drops user... 4000iu per drop.
                            I drip them on my finger and lick them off.
                            “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                            ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                            And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Working...
                            X