No announcement yet.

I Keep Overeating! Help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Supercell, I've been using Primal to help recover from a recent episode of anorexia, and so far it's working really well for me.

I've gained a few pounds (which I probably look better for) and my weight has happily plateaued now at about 138llbs (I'm 5.10). I dedicated myself a few weeks ago to three primal meals a day and snacks if I needed them (as in eat my own arm off starving). I mentally and physically feel so much better and I have rarely overeaten, though I too sometimes have problems with portion size. I put it all on my plate first and try and judge intuitively how hungry I am. It's better for me not to go back for more.

I deliberately increased my fat load and red meat load, and made myself eat breakfast which I am now a great fan of! I have trigger foods which lead to binge eating, namely any form of sugar including dried fruit and honey, and nuts. My diet is probably 98% primal. And even though I've gained about 10llbs, I still fit into my clothes...amazing.

I see a psychiatrist as this is dangerous stuff, as you know. And Overeaters Anonymous has helped me with binges and also to see my undereating as an unhelpful player in my life. I'm doing really well I think. I hope you can find what works for you This is a good palce for support, but you know yourself how insidious the disease of anorexia is. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
    X