Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eggs, minced beef, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli. Any other fillers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eggs, minced beef, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli. Any other fillers?

Okay, so eggs and minced beef you can put on the pan and have some simple food ready in 3 minutes.

Similar for boiled carrots, cauliflower and broccoli.

I'm looking for other quick "fillers" out there. What are your favorites? I need more variety in my "quick fillers". I'm too lazy to cook something more complicated

Any meat with a salad. A little adobo seasoning and garlic salt, and voila. Get creative with burgers -- add olives, onion, and anything else that looks good, plus and egg, and you've got cuisine. Soup -- cook a shin bone with meat in a slow cooker, add veggies near the end. Voila. Coconut milk based smoothie. I make mostly quick food during the week, as anything more I don't have time for.
    The Sedition of Sisyphus: Go Find Another Rock

Griff's Cholesterol Primer

Comment

Add crushed tomatoes and garlic to anything to make it better.

Comment

Shredded cabbage sauteed quickly with some kind of meat pieces. Butter, salt, pepper, DONE

Comment

What do you mean by "filler"? Quick meals?

Most meat and veg is pretty simple to cook and pretty tasty without much fiddling around. For fillers I tend to eat berries and cream or greek yoghurt. Or maybe that's because my cooking is simple to start with!

Comment

Thanks for all the replies.

Originally posted by katemary View Post
            What do you mean by "filler"? Quick meals?
            By "filler" I mean something that actually satisfies your hunger. (for instance, just fruits leave you hungry again really quickly, whereas a burger leaves you satisfied for many hours).

Quick = max 5 minutes to make

Comment

i just had some berries with full-fat yogurt and coconut milk and coconut flakes and will be full a long time from that. i never just eat fruit by itself.

the trick is protein and fat, with fruit or veg as the accompaniment.
              As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by pf3 View Post
                By "filler" I mean something that actually satisfies your hunger. (for instance, just fruits leave you hungry again really quickly, whereas a burger leaves you satisfied for many hours).

Quick = max 5 minutes to make
                Leftovers
                Sandra
                *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Comment

omelette cooked in coconut oil with avocado slices. fills u up right.

Comment

Stir-fry - 1)get random veg and meat from fridge 2)Chop in to small bits 3) Cook in a wok with whatever seasoning you find 4) Nom
                    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Comment

Ok, I tend to try stick to meals, which I guess is what you want if you are after something that will satisfy you for hours.

Scrambled eggs with random leftovers and cheese are quick. Roasting a tray of veg once a week also makes any meat plus veg meal pretty quick,by the time you heat up the vegies the meat is done.

Comment

Originally posted by pf3 View Post
                        Okay, so eggs and minced beef you can put on the pan and have some simple food ready in 3 minutes.

Similar for boiled carrots, cauliflower and broccoli.

I'm looking for other quick "fillers" out there. What are your favorites? I need more variety in my "quick fillers". I'm too lazy to cook something more complicated
                        I start off my day with boiled eggs and a few ounces of smoked fish. Wilt a clamshell of Power Greens (mix of kale, red chard and spinach), garlic with coconut oil and a drizzle of vinegar. You have a 5 mins or less meal that is filling.

Comment

Working...
                        X