Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can your carbs get over 100g on primal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxide View Post
    1/6 of a banana
    What do you do with the other 5/6 of the banana?

Comment

Originally posted by oxide View Post
      kochin, that's not really a lot of veg. It's fruit and dairy.

In general, I eat 3/4 cup berries, 1/6 of a banana, and 2 cups veg (or one cups veg and 1 piece fruit like apple). That gets me to about 100 g for the day. I aim for colorful veggies for the anti-oxidants rather than the carb count. It's amazing how colorful lunch is when the good stuff isn't dwarfed by a giant beige bun.
      Meh, it's vegetation, either way.

To be honest, I can't think of any true "veg" examples at the moment because my brain is is "Winter-mode", so it's all: starch, nuts, some fruit and almost entirely meat. And 100g of yoghurt isn't very much dairy at all. I can have HEAPS more when I feel like having dairy. 500ml unhomogenized milk, 200g greek yoghurt, 200ml double cream AND 100g butter. Just don't really fancy it at the moment. "Winter-mode", as I said. Just feel like root veg, meat, scrambled egg, dried fruit and nuts and hot stews.

Some days over Summer and Autumn I could eat 200g sweet tater, 2 large carrots, 2 medium parsnips, 4 leaves of cabbage, 150g mustard leaves, 80g green beans...etc ON TOP of any fruit I fancied. But, at the moment, as long as the odd bit of plant matter goes in, I'm happy.
      --
      Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
      I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
      I'd apologize, but...

Comment

Working...
      X