Unflavored gelatin for collagen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Betorq View Post
    Well, gelatin is supposed to be tasteless & mostly odorless. If I bought some & it was smelling strongly, I'd return it...

Buying it in bulk is a fine option to making & consuming bone broths.

Fresher is always better yes technically, but practically time/access/cost/inclination to do homemade bone broth doesn't always work out for everyone.
    I sincerely hope I'm not kidding myself by thinking that drinking "store-bought" beef and chicken stock will benefit me as well and the homemade bone broth.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosemary 231 View Post
      I sincerely hope I'm not kidding myself by thinking that drinking "store-bought" beef and chicken stock will benefit me as well and the homemade bone broth.
      you know any other good jokes?
      "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
      "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
      "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Comment

I had the same problem until I read you're supposed to leave it in water for a minute or so, then if forms a gel that is not so sticky. I use to add it directly to my hot broth and it turned into a teeth sticking goo. Now I leave it in a cup with 4-5 tbsp of water and in a minute it forms a gel that's not so sticky, then add it to my broth, totally different texture and consistency. I'll also drink it cold, add to a 1/4 or 1/2 cup of water, let it sit and soak up the water for a minute or so, add some BCAAs, add some ghee, drink it straight down. Adding even more water makes it even more liquids, so it seems the secret is to let it sit in water a few minutes, and stir it after a min or so. My thinking is it's a great way to get high quality protein and tissue repair without the additives in other protein sources, although I consume other sources too. Some say adding a little fat/ghee, blunts the protein gluconeogenisis insulin response effect. I'm not sure about that but I'm never afraid to add fat to anything so sounds good to me.

Comment

I think it's much better to just make jello out of it. I haven't done it recently, but if you make a smoothie out of any sort of fruit or veggies, heat it up, dissolve the gelatin in it, and refrigerate, you get absolutely yummy jello. Try coconut milk and raspberries that way - absolutely delicious.

Comment

Working...
          X