Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fermented foods

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone here regularly consumes home made fermented veggies and/or water kefir foods? If so, what kind of good changes did they experience and if any autoimmune conditions have improved?

I am thinking of adding them in to my diet to see if it helps with my persistent acne and mild psoriasis. Supposedly its all related to our guts? And I am sure I barely have any good bacteria since I had alot of antibiotic consumption when I was very young. And unfortunately eating the autoimmune protocol for 5 months plus vitamin D (and probiotic supplement) has not helped my issues.

thanks in advance,
    leanzorik

I am, at this very moment, listening to this: Real Food Summit
    All the best!

PDJ

The quieter you become the more you're able to hear.

Mawlana Jalaludin Rumi

Comment

I consume homemade fermented veggies with just about every meal, and my eczema has completely cleared up. Add them in-certainly can't hurt!
      $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

Comment

Originally posted by pdjesson View Post
        I am, at this very moment, listening to this: Real Food Summit
        Yeah I listened to that earlier today This is where I got the idea of incorporating fermented foods

Comment

I started last week, to help me with my fasting for longer than 24 hours. I can't remember now where I read it, but he was referencing what he had read at the Perfect Diet. I know it is not technically fasting, but some of the same benefits so I am okay with it not being a total non-food fast. I can go 24 with no food, and I didnt have to have much BP coffee last week. (I ran out of good butter and what I bought at the store was nasty so I just did w/o it)

Anyways, all I can say is that between the fasting and the sauerkraut, maybe a brief CT bath, I lost over 6lbs last week (but 4 of that was from the weekend before)
          65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Comment

Originally posted by tradawg View Post
            I consume homemade fermented veggies with just about every meal, and my eczema has completely cleared up. Add them in-certainly can't hurt!

Wow congrats to the clearing up of the eczema. I hope it does the same thing for me too.
            I also started taking fermented cold liver oil/butter oil blend.

Comment

Making sauerkraut is easy:

How to Make Sauerkraut - Make Sauerkraut at Home | Mark's Daily Apple
              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

We eat kefir and fermented veggies daily. Took a workshop from Sandor Katz a few years ago too. I definitely feel better eating fermented foods than not, but in a general way, not relating to any specific health issue.
                Seven Trees Farm - diversified subsistence farming on 1.25 acres.

Comment

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                  Thanks so much for the link. I will try to do it this week!

Comment

Been eating sauerkraut (clean, store-bought) and kombucha (home-brewed), and though my acne is 99% handled, this fermented food increase has even eliminated the residual redness in my skin for the most part. Me likey.
                    Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

I eat fermented veggies everyday. Mostly kimchi, but often sauerkraut, natto, pickles, olives...

Perfect poop!

Comment

I make lacto-ferments of varios veggie combos along with 24hour yogurt. I don't do kefir (cause feeding them grains is a pain ). I do get a "boost" from eating fermented veggies. I'm not sure if it is the cayenne pepper I've been using lately or not though.

Comment

Hi,
                          I'm new here but I thought I'd add that this blog has a lot of great fermented food tutorials:

Nourished Kitchen

I'm working on preserved lemons right now, and I plan on trying out some of her other recipes. I've made my own kombucha in the past but with 2 kids that like to help in the kitchen, it's become more of a science experiment.
                          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...d61289-12.html

Comment

Originally posted by avocadogirl View Post
                            Hi,
                            I'm new here but I thought I'd add that this blog has a lot of great fermented food tutorials:

Nourished Kitchen

I'm working on preserved lemons right now, and I plan on trying out some of her other recipes. I've made my own kombucha in the past but with 2 kids that like to help in the kitchen, it's become more of a science experiment.
                            Enjoyed that website. Silly question, what do you do with the fermented lemons? I was reading and you can eat rind and all but wondering what to do with them? OH I see other ideas for uses, but will still post my question and get more ideas

I bought a dehydrator last year, for when things like lemons go on sale I can take advantage of it, (even though I forget about it and have never tried lemons) but I am liking the idea of fermenting some things also.
                            65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Comment

Working...
                            X