Gluten free bread? Your thoughts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by earthspirit View Post
    ...even soaked with real maple syrup and butter.
    That's the thing....just how GROSS does something have to be when this doesn't even make it edible?

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
      That's the thing....just how GROSS does something have to be when this doesn't even make it edible?
      I make uh-maaaaazing GF pancakes, and have for the last year or so. Before finding the soaked buckwheat, I tried quite a few mixes and they were all fairly meh. While these pancakes aren't big and fat and bouncy like Bisquick, they're great with butter and syrup and fruit, and they rock Mr. Onalark's Saturday mornings.

And yeah yeah. Buckwheat pancakes aren't paleo or primal and I don't care. Saturday mornings are all about the 20%.
      Steph
      My Primal Meanderings

Comment

I make bread at home with coconut flour and/or almond flour with a little arrowroot powder and/or flax meal (ground with a coffee grinder). Very easy to make. I use 1 tbsp of honey in the dough for sweetening. There are a lot of recipes out there for these breads. Mark has one on this site

Comment

Originally posted by onalark View Post
          I make uh-maaaaazing GF pancakes
          Me too! 4 eggs, 2 bananas, and 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil mixed in a blender for the batter. Banana pancakes that my kids LOVE.

Might check out yours in a bit , but I kinda don't wanna ruin a quick easy thing thats working.

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
            Me too! 4 eggs, 2 bananas, and 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil mixed in a blender for the batter. Banana pancakes that my kids LOVE.

Might check out yours in a bit , but I kinda don't wanna ruin a quick easy thing thats working.
            Nor should you. I make the banana pancakes when I don't feel like soaking buckwheat. They aren't the same, but they are tasty in their own way. ^_^
            Steph
            My Primal Meanderings

Comment

You can make Paleo bread with very simple ingredients. I once made pancakes using almond butter several years ago and they were amazing!

When I gave up gluten 7 years ago, I fell into the "gluten free everything" trap. It was a good bridge, but I developed sensitivities to rice and potatoes as well over time.

Comment

I had these gluten-free cookies at a bakery recently that were amazing. They were based in tapioca and rice flour I recall, although there were lesser ingredients too. Sugar of course too. Delicious.

In case anyone doesn't know, tapioca flour comes from cassava root. Is eating flour good? Not as good as a 'whole food', but I think the two main things are its stickiness to teeth and possible blood sugar spikes. That's about it as far as I know if it comes from a source devoid of annoying proteins or low level poisons.

Comment

Gluten free bread? Your thoughts?

I like gluten-free bagels – they’re made of rice flour. They’re not the same as regular bagels, but not too bad. Most gluten-free bread is made from corn or oats but I don’t particularly like any of them. But it’s good to know you can have something similar to bread once in a while. I have tasted gluten-free bread made from brown rice flour, wholegrain sorghum flour and garbanzo bean flour. It was flavored with cinnamon and raisins so it tasted pretty good. Like someone here said though, who needs bread when you’ve got meat!
                  Gluten Free Bread | Wheat Free Breads | Sugar Free Bread

Comment

Working...
                  X