The grains - human adaption?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jimhensen View Post
    Why haven't you posted this link before?
    Because I have posted plenty of others.
    Because I don't spend all my time researching what is unhealthy for me.
    Because I don't spend all my tme researching what is healthy for me.
    Because I train hard everyday
    Because I walk everyday
    Because I work a lot
    Because I climb
    Because I am too busy cooking.
    Because I like to read fiction not just studies
    Because I make my decisions based on informed studies, then as I want/need more information I may research further.
    etc
    etc
    etc
    Last edited by Dirlot; 07-13-2012, 02:55 PM.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Comment

Not mention...not all paleo/primal people are gung-ho about processed meats like bacon and sausage. I don't consider those 'health foods' and instead they are sometimes-treats (maybe twice a month I will get a small package of bacon to split among our family of 4).

The main point of primal is eating healthy, whole foods that nourish our bodies and energy without making us sick. That *should* mean plenty of vegetables, clean animal proteins, healthy fats, fruits, nuts/seeds. When people talk about 'i feel awesome on paleo and I eat 1/2 lb of bacon a day with eggs' but neglect the whole realm of vegetables honestly I don't htink it's healthier (and honestly might be less healthy long-term) than T. Colin Campbell's vegan diet prescription - b/c at least his diet includes lots of vegetables!
      Teacher and Homeschooler
      One husband of 9 years,
      Two kids (6 & 3)
      Pregnant with #3, due this summer

Going primal resolved my anxiety symptoms!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FrankiG View Post
        Not mention...not all paleo/primal people are gung-ho about processed meats like bacon and sausage. I don't consider those 'health foods' and instead they are sometimes-treats (maybe twice a month I will get a small package of bacon to split among our family of 4).

The main point of primal is eating healthy, whole foods that nourish our bodies and energy without making us sick. That *should* mean plenty of vegetables, clean animal proteins, healthy fats, fruits, nuts/seeds. When people talk about 'i feel awesome on paleo and I eat 1/2 lb of bacon a day with eggs' but neglect the whole realm of vegetables honestly I don't htink it's healthier (and honestly might be less healthy long-term) than T. Colin Campbell's vegan diet prescription - b/c at least his diet includes lots of vegetables!
        I can't argue with this. And the bacon and sausage folks are also the ones that post "Why are my cholesterol numbers so bad???" threads.

Comment

Originally posted by jimhensen View Post
          I can't argue with this. And the bacon and sausage folks are also the ones that post "Why are my cholesterol numbers so bad???" threads.
          Most of the time its just a misunderstanding on what " good" cholesterol is. If your ratios are healthy, optimal cholesterol is much higher than what cw tells you..yes i have posted studies on this in other threads, yes if you understand what cholesterol does it follows common sense, and no im not reposting them for you.

Comment

Working...
          X