No announcement yet.

RAW cow milk and human consumption

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's that whole GOMAD (gallon of milk a day) site for serious muscle heads.

Comment

I'm not a serious muscle-head. But I did consume a gallon of milk a day for a few days. Of course, I didn't eat anything ELSE...

Comment

I think whether or not a food should be consumed should be essentially based on toxicity levels, nutritional content and taste. Not theorizing on whether or not something was purposely put on this earth for our consumption or whether or not grok may have eaten it. There's nothing essential about dairy consumption but it offers a lot nutritionally and taste wise so there's no real reason to exclude it if you do fine on it and enjoy it.

Originally posted by GeorgiaPeach View Post
        Ok, ya gotta do better than that. Seems it is just not primal even if mark sisson says so. It defies the laws of nature.
        Primal is mark sissons brand so he decides what's "primal". If mark says mixing cyanide into your coffee is primal then cyanide coffee is primal. lol. Paleo is a different story. From what I understand that's about excluding foods entirely that weren't available in the paleolithic era, which is a decent starting framework but ultimately pretty stupid if that's all you're basing your dietary decisions on.

Comment

Mark McAfee is on the Underground Wellness Q&A this evening/tonight.
          All the best!

PDJ

The quieter you become the more you're able to hear.

Mawlana Jalaludin Rumi

Comment

Underlying all these theories, assumptions and opinions God has said, in The Noble Qur`an (a near translation of the meanings): "And in the cattle there is truly a lesson for you. We give you to drink of that which is in their bellies; there are in them, (besides), numerous other benefits for you; and of their meat you eat." (Qur'an 23:21)

"And truly in the cattle there is a lesson for you. We give you to drink of that which is in their bellies, between the refuse and the blood, pure milk palatable to the drinkers." (Qur'an 16:66)
            All the best!

PDJ

The quieter you become the more you're able to hear.

Mawlana Jalaludin Rumi

Comment

I wish they'd ban it here too.
              Ugh. WHY?

I like the option of buying raw milk and raw milk cheeses. No one's putting a gun to anyone's head WRT consuming raw milk.

Comment

Originally posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
                Ugh. WHY?

I like the option of buying raw milk and raw milk cheeses. No one's putting a gun to anyone's head WRT consuming raw milk.

Not raw milk... I wish they'd ban pasteurized CAFO milk and cheeses made from it. That way all you could by is raw. This is what my reply was to: "We don't have CAFOs and bovine growth hormones are banned so American milk is banned also."
                Don't let anybody tell you, "You can't" just because they can't.

Comment

Not raw milk... I wish they'd ban pasteurized CAFO milk and cheeses made from it. That way all you could by is raw.
                  Sorry, I misunderstood you.

While I'd much prefer that CAFOs lost the war of hearts, minds, and wallets to local, sustainable, family farms, if people want to have pasteurized milk and cheese I think that should be an option as well. I don't like the idea of taking away foods by outlawing them - then the question becomes "who decides," and that usually doesn't end well.

Comment

Working...
                  X