Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need more sources of fat. What are some suggestions.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Betorq View Post
    In my humble opinion, don't look down on pork rinds for a snack a couple, few times a week. I divvy up & go thru a bag of pork rinds once a week, lately been pouring some coconut oil & habanero hot sauce over them. Yum! Eat more MEAT through out the day's meals, as it sounds like you eat meat once a day. Add some more , a bit more hi qual olive oil to your diet. Definitely try making/eating some ghee, it has zero lactose & is in fact 100% pure fat, all proteins & impurities clarified out of it, hence its other name, clarified butter. Are you consuming any fresh made fermented foods? Organ meats? These are important parts of the primal diet, in my experience & opinion. Others on this forum may agree. Happy !!
    Well I IF everyday and only eat once at dinner time so that is why my meat is only once a day. My olive oil is good and I use it and coconut oil with reckless abandon. I tried making ghee once also and it was a disaster. Even following the directions I just couldn't get it. And that was after several attempts and much butter wasted.

Comment

I didn't read other replies. But here's what I can think of

Macadamia nuts
      99% lindt dark chocolate if you like it
      Avocados
      Extra ghee/butter/ coconut oil with your meals
      Coconut milk (with cocao powder and a tablespoon coconut oil for more fat)

Dairy: heavy cream, greek yogurt
      well then

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie Madrox View Post
        Well I IF everyday and only eat once at dinner time so that is why my meat is only once a day. My olive oil is good and I use it and coconut oil with reckless abandon. I tried making ghee once also and it was a disaster. Even following the directions I just couldn't get it. And that was after several attempts and much butter wasted.
        OK, 1 meal a day = 1 meaty portion a day. But so sorry you had such troubles w/ ghee making. In my experience, it was actually kinda easy, just time consuming being watchful as the butter froths & clarifies. It basically consists of heating(not boiling) grass-fed butter in a pot til it foams, skimming the foam, in stages, til it stops foaming. That's it, its clarified. Let it cool some & pour into a container before it hardens. It can be kept, just like butter can, in a cupboard either w/ a lid or a top on it to keep bugs & dust out. Traditionally it is unsalted. And its quite yummy, & oh so good fer ya.

Now that they are in season & affordable again, I eat 2-3 medium avos a day, 1-2 tbs olive oil, maybe 10-12 eggs weekly. Profuse coco oil daily , whole tender young Thai coconuts 1 every other day. Meat, seafood, some pork but less chicken&turkey lately as I feel red meats & fish, shellfish is better nutrition for me, definitely more satisfying on some animalistic level. And speaking of animalistic, lately, I day dream of shootin' a deer really badly & gorging on free meat & organs like a savage throughout the summer. Instead I go shopping & buy my meat in paper packages, oh well
        Last edited by Betorq; 07-11-2012, 11:46 AM.
        "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
        "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
        "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Comment

where is your bacon? it is a must have!LOL!

Comment

Smoked oysters in a can -- fat and protein.....I keep a few in my purse ---
            ----------------------------------------
            F, 48, 5'10"
            Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
            Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Comment

Olives. Yummy, yummy olives.
              “If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea” -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

I know you said dairy doesn't agree with you but have you tried raw dairy products and/or goat dairy? I am lactose intolerant but do just fine with these. I have to hold myself back on the quantities but no intolerance problems.

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
                  Coconut manna is tasty eaten all by itself...
                  That's a slippery slope for me. The 2 times I bought a jar, I finished the whole thing at 1 go!

Boy was it yummy...

Comment

Working...
                  X