Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Average daily menu and routine paleo/Primal, Am i doing anything wrong?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I'm not the kind of person who needs a strict routine, recipe or set of rules/dos and don'ts. Here's a question - have you at least read The Primal Blueprint? If not, that's a good place to start. I basically live loosely based on it.

I get to bed around 9 and am usually through reading by 10 and heading towards sleep.

I wake up between 5 and 7 and get up.

Coffee (1 stevia packet, dollop of raw heavy cream)

On days where I do weight training, high intensity interval training, sprints or walk, I do that.

Breakfast is usually a combo of bacon/eggs/sausage/juice. Occasionally I'll add raw goat's milk yogurt and berries.

Do my thing until I'm hungry. Lunch is either leftovers from dinner or a salad with some protein on it. Some days I'm not really hungry and I skip lunch. In winter with less local produce available, I think leftovers will play a larger role as will slow-cooked stews, roasts and soups.

I try not to snack. If I do it's usually a hard boiled egg or some cheese.

Dinner involves meat and 2-3 kinds of vegetables, some raw, some cooked. Sometimes we have wine, sometimes we don't. On weekends I often enjoy vodka martinis and bourbon.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

A lot of people have difficulties due to obnoxious co-workers, family, spouses or friends and an insufficient vertebral column. I thankfully suffer from none of these. When at a social function, I either choose from the available food carefully and/or bring my own. A lot of people have had difficulty resisting cravings. I haven't had any cravings outside a dire need for a PB&J one day, but I ignored it and it went away. I think there's still some beer in the house and a few other non-primal things, but most of it is gone and thus a lot of the easy temptation. We just don't buy anything non-primal anymore, so it's not too hard to subvert this kind of behavior.

Anyway...that's it. Don't over-complicate it. Don't sweat it if you screw up. Just make the correction and carry on. Oh and Mark's two cookbooks are great resources. We've made many of the recipes and they're great. Makes shopping easy, too.
    5' 9" 47 YO F
    PB start June 2, 2012
    Pre PB SW = 180 (no scale at home, Mom's scale January - 153lbs!)
    Current deadlift 245 lbs, squat 165 lbs, bench press 135 lbs

PB Journal

Comment

Working...
    X