I am considering going full-on Paleo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by otzi View Post
    Cool, you guys found a new thread to waste everybody's time in.
    We're having fun. What are you doing? Other than being snarky of course.

Comment

I have eliminated ALL dairy except the occasional bit of raw cheese.

I feel 100 times better.

The raw cheese has the advantage of the wonderful bacteria that seems to eliminate a lot fo the issues with dairy that people have. That said, i still watch my intake because it is loaded with calories, and a little goes a long way...
      "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Cool, you guys found a new thread to waste everybody's time in.
        I just wasted two seconds reading your post. I would like my seconds back, please. Did you have some earth-shattering advice you'd like to share?

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputina View Post
          I just wasted two seconds reading your post. I would like my seconds back, please. Did you have some earth-shattering advice you'd like to share?
          Hey lady! You and Darthie must have, like BatVision or something... Always swooping in in the nick of time...
          I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

Hi sbhikes!

As far milk and nasal stuff goes - all four of mine couldn't take the stuff as kids. Two remain intolerant, one is tolerant as long as she doesn't overdo it, and the last one hasn't shown problems beyond the age of six, but is picky as to what kind of dairy she will eat, so she doesn't get too much anyway.

In my little experience, with my own kids and watching the hordes we come into contact with, almost all those kids with ENT issues, especially recurrent ear infections, respond very well to eliminating milk. At least, all those whose mothers weren't too afraid their darling would starve to death or suffer irreparable harm by doing a 30-day strict dairy-free challenge.

In my one still-intolerant kid, she has the slow-pathway allergy to dairy. She doesn't get hives - she gets horrible congestion from the sinuses through to the lungs. In the other still-intolerant kid, she has leaky gut.

I think it is worth it to do the challenge. Sorry about the coffee - I don't drink it, so I can't help you there.
            I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

Coffee is really the thing that keeps letting dairy sneak back in for me. I clearly feel best on a higher fat version of the simple paleo diet. In fact, I just realized that I had a ton of dairy last week and I am having problems with sinus congestion - which I thought was out of no-where but maybe not.

What is the strict paleo opinion on nuts? Because I feel tons better without them as well.

Right now I am eating a lot of meat and fruit. It just feels good right now. But I'm cutting the dairy and coffee back out to see if my sinuses clear back up.
              Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

Originally posted by jammies View Post
                Coffee is really the thing that keeps letting dairy sneak back in for me. I clearly feel best on a higher fat version of the simple paleo diet. In fact, I just realized that I had a ton of dairy last week and I am having problems with sinus congestion - which I thought was out of no-where but maybe not.

What is the strict paleo opinion on nuts? Because I feel tons better without them as well.

Right now I am eating a lot of meat and fruit. It just feels good right now. But I'm cutting the dairy and coffee back out to see if my sinuses clear back up.
                Cordain says to stick with walnuts or macadamias due to the better O3/O6 ratio and to stay away from almonds because they are the worst of the bunch. But he also says to take it easy on the quantities in general if you have any weight to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                  We're having fun. What are you doing? Other than being snarky of course.
                  No I'm not you are. I'm just trying to get attention to what a waste all this back and forth is that doesn't relate to the OP.

Originally posted by Rasputina View Post
                  And I wasted 4 seconds reading yours and posting this--happens all the time--stupid, huh?

Originally posted by Crabbcakes View Post
                  Hey lady! You and Darthie must have, like BatVision or something... Always swooping in in the nick of time...
                  Can this be proven with studies I will dispute?

Comment

No I'm not you are. I'm just trying to get attention to what a waste all this back and forth is that doesn't relate to the OP.

And I wasted 4 seconds reading yours and posting this--happens all the time--stupid, huh?

No one cares. Thanks for the laugh, mate!

Comment

Now, if you already know you will disagree with anything I put forth, that kinda' shoots the professional detachment / scientific integrity thing dead before we begin...

How about we all hitch a ride in the Batmobile back to the Batcave and have Alfred bring us some drinks while we discuss the probability of Rasputina or Darthie having BatVision... Personally, I think Rasputina is Catwoman...

Just curious... your forum name... Oetzi as in the frozen Oetztal guy?

Comment

To the OP - sorry, I was just taking a stab at paleobird for her repeated posts bickering back and forth with people. Just a pet peeve of mine. I try real hard to stay out of flame wars, but sometimes you just want to say SHUT UP, but that would result in another wasted post and a witty retort. Sorry for the hijack. i'm done.

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
                          What worried me about the milk was the description of the growth and other hormones and how they get into our bloodstream and are close enough to our own hormones that they both have a hormonal effect on us and also that they are just foreign enough that they can trigger auto-immune responses. I figure I live in a polluted enough world that I don't need any more endocrine disruptors if I can help it.

Spot on for me - I've been doing an experiment for 6 months now - one month on dairy, one month off.

Had to do it for so long JUST to see if it was REALLY the dairy and not my old lady hormones.

So, the results - with dairy, just 2oz of milk and 1tbsp of heavy cream in my coffee, 1 cup per day = stuffed
                          up nose and buckets of snot down the back of my throat. Had to use "12hr Nasal Spray" FOUR times a
                          day, only resulting in ONE nostril UNplugged. Lame. OH! and the SNEEZING was absolutely BEYOND
                          effing ridiculous. Like 30 times a day. I'm serious. My husband would say "jesus, you getting sick or
                          something?"

The other thing, which, I know you don't have to worry about Red Death every month anymore, but I do,
                          and when I have JUST that little bit of dairy per day - period would be on day 18, or sometimes, if I was
                          super duper lucky, I got it TWICE a month, for SEVEN DAYS EACH.

So bye-bye milk, bye-bye cream..... I still have my coffee, but I've learned to like the thick canned coconut
                          milk in it..... so, well, I guess yeah for me..... but I do miss the flavor of the dairy.

If I could get my hands on some of that A2 stuff, I'd do another 2 month experiment fo' shizzle.

Julie

Comment

To the OP - sorry, I was just taking a stab at paleobird for her repeated posts bickering back and forth with people. Just a pet peeve of mine. I try real hard to stay out of flame wars, but sometimes you just want to say SHUT UP, but that would result in another wasted post and a witty retort. Sorry for the hijack. i'm done.
                            Sounds like you were being a dick.
                            Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
                            5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
                            Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
                            TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
                            bloodorchid is always right

Comment

Lemon peel is always served with espresso in Italy. It is a really good taste combo.
                              We just add lemon slices. I can't remember off hand now which nation claims it as traditional.... I am sure lime will be great as well.
                              My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                              When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Originally posted by Crabbcakes View Post
                                Hi sbhikes!

As far milk and nasal stuff goes - all four of mine couldn't take the stuff as kids. Two remain intolerant, one is tolerant as long as she doesn't overdo it, and the last one hasn't shown problems beyond the age of six, but is picky as to what kind of dairy she will eat, so she doesn't get too much anyway.

In my little experience, with my own kids and watching the hordes we come into contact with, almost all those kids with ENT issues, especially recurrent ear infections, respond very well to eliminating milk. At least, all those whose mothers weren't too afraid their darling would starve to death or suffer irreparable harm by doing a 30-day strict dairy-free challenge.

In my one still-intolerant kid, she has the slow-pathway allergy to dairy. She doesn't get hives - she gets horrible congestion from the sinuses through to the lungs. In the other still-intolerant kid, she has leaky gut.

I think it is worth it to do the challenge. Sorry about the coffee - I don't drink it, so I can't help you there.
                                Oh man, bring back those childhood memories. My very young childhood was full of ENT issues, hives and I was not allowed to eat bread or cheese. I guess I wasn't allergic to gluten or lactose, but to mold and yeast. But that's all from memory, I could be wrong.

Originally posted by jammies View Post
                                Coffee is really the thing that keeps letting dairy sneak back in for me.
                                Yeah, me, too. Coffee is really the main source of dairy. That and the once in a while nights where we don't feel like cooking so we just lay out a bunch of cheeses and olives and dried fruit and meats and things and nibble.

I'm going to do my best but there's no guarantees I will be able to pull off the no dairy thing. I really would like to know if I could quit the constant hacking and sniffing. It occurred to me that maybe I could blend my coffee with an egg yolk. That should be good. Still no answer for the coffee cart coffee.
                                Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X