Moderators Please remove all this TV stuff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moderators Please remove all this TV stuff

I'd really like to be able to report these streaming TV threads as spam but there isn't a button to do this. It's really irritating and I don't understand why it isn't being removed.

Please remove the spam thank you.

Originally posted by Artichoke View Post
    I'd really like to be able to report these streaming TV threads as spam but there isn't a button to do this. It's really irritating and I don't understand why it isn't being removed.

x1,000,000,000 etc, etc,
    "There are no short cuts to enlightenment, the journey is the destination, you have to walk this path alone"

Comment

I don't understand why it isn't being removed
      There are more spammers than moderators. When you kill a spammer two grow back in its place.

Comment

Originally posted by Artichoke View Post

Little black triangle on the lower left is how you report spam. Click on it.
        Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Thanks honeybuns and surely mike_h it's down to attitude from the Management and users. If we make it known we don't want spam ..hey it's a Primal website ;0 then surely they should remove it but if we say nowt then the weeds take over the plantation

I've been a moderator on websites before now and if it's leapt on and the spammers removed they get the message. I have seen a post by a spammer putting up TV show stuff on Primal and no one challenges him/her and sez hey WTF dude get rid or get off.

Comment

I think the problem is relative to the amount of traffic and this is a busy forum. I don't think our registration fees cover enough staff time for immediate removal.

Comment

They need to implement IP filters, a better captcha, and email confirmation of new members ( I can't remember if they do this). Someone mark this post as spam, so it might get read =).
              "Go For Broke"
              Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
              Small Kine-168/9%
              Now- 200/8%
              Goal- 210/6%

Comment

I've been a moderator on websites before now and if it's leapt on and the spammers removed they get the message.

Comment

Originally posted by mike_h View Post
                  I think the problem is relative to the amount of traffic and this is a busy forum. I don't think our registration fees cover enough staff time for immediate removal.
                  There doesn't need to be staff. Users will moderate this forum for FREE. Why this is the only forum on the internet that doesn't do that I have no idea. I have mentioned this before. MDA is like the wild west of forums...NO RULES!!!!!!

Comment

LOL, I can't tell if the two spammers above are trolling us or if they are just bots.

Comment

Originally posted by MaHong3
                      hi
                      this is just too ironic...!
                      "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderlust View Post
                        They need to implement IP filters, a better captcha, and email confirmation of new members ( I can't remember if they do this). Someone mark this post as spam, so it might get read =).
                        tried it, it didn't work. the spammers are real live people so they just kept typing the captchas in

OP, et all, just keep hitting the report button, admin removes them and their posts
                        beautiful
                        yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                        lol

Comment

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                          tried it, it didn't work. the spammers are real live people so they just kept typing the captchas in

OP, et all, just keep hitting the report button, admin removes them and their posts
                          Easy ban their IPs. Ban whole blocks of IPs, problem solved.
                          "Go For Broke"
                          Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
                          Small Kine-168/9%
                          Now- 200/8%
                          Goal- 210/6%

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderlust View Post
                            Easy ban their IPs. Ban whole blocks of IPs, problem solved.
                            Never heard of a proxy? Or a dynamic IP address? Or a VPN?

Those are three incredibly simple ways of changing your IP address.

Comment

Originally posted by SteakNchop View Post
                              Never heard of a proxy? Or a dynamic IP address? Or a VPN?

Those are three incredibly simple ways of changing your IP address.
                              It's a start, hopefully gets them over the "too much work to be worth while" hill.
                              "Go For Broke"
                              Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
                              Small Kine-168/9%
                              Now- 200/8%
                              Goal- 210/6%

Comment

Working...
                              X