Ideas for salsa please!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas for salsa please!!

I make a pretty mean fire-roasted salsa during the summer months when the tomatoes are the best tasting. The problem I have is I love salsa with corn chips. In the past I have bought a bag of organic corn chips with the intention of only eating 15 - 20, but I always end up devouring the whole bag. I can't control myself, so I'd rather not have them in the house.

I need some ideas of what to eat salsa on. I have some sitting in the fridge that will be ready for tomorrow. BTW I am not a big fan of salsa on eggs. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

On grilled/roast chicken (hot OR cold)
    On a 'taco' salad with spiced ground meat, avocado, etc
    On a mild fish
    Garnish on some soups, mixed into summer salads like fresh non-go corn (if you eat it)

And I just saw this linked on the Tex Mex thread... Primal Tex-Mex Tortillas and Taco Seasoning | Mark's Daily Apple
    Last edited by KerryK; 07-07-2012, 08:46 PM. Reason: Added in a link
    SW: 243
    CW: 177
    Goal: Health

Comment

Put it on tri-tip. Put it on avocados. Add some mango to it.
      Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

I use salsa as a salad dressing! I like to drizzle a little olive oil on with it, too.
        **Food and Meows**

Comment

Carrots, celery, sliced up sweet (and hot!) peppers... use it like a veggie dip!

Comment

A spoon!

Or steak. I really like chunky salsa on steak (especially if the salsa has fruit in it too)

Comment

What can't you put salsa on? It's the bacon of the vegetable kingdom. My favorite, right now is tomato free. Jalepeños, white onion, garlic, lime juice, some olive oil and a whole lot of cilantro. This is especially good on fish.

Comment

Watermelon salsa and steak...I think I have my dinner plans now! Thanks
                “Life is a journey, not a destination.”
                ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

SW (January 2011): 208.5
                LPW (March 23, 2013): 156.0
                CW (July, 4, 2013): 172

Comment

I mix mine with mashed avocado and eat with baby carrots/cucumbers/pepper strips/snow peas. I have it with lunch a few times a week.

Comment

In addition to everything already mentioned: cucumber and jicama slices ...and pork rinds...

Comment

Broccoli. I love salsa or pasta sauce all over broccoli. Chicken would be really good as well.

Comment

A little OT, but you should try fermenting your salsa! I do it and it's great. Fermented Salsa | CHEESESLAVE

Comment

I believe Sarah fragaso has a great recipe for plantain chips and guac. You could use homeade plantain chips and your salsa!!! yum!

Comment

Bacon chips, sweet potato chips, beet chips, kale chips, sweet potato wedges, sweet potato fried skins, * wandering away to make more salsa*

Comment

Pork Rinds (buck a bag @ Dollar Tree), celery & long slices of cukes. All crunchy !!
                              "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
                              "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
                              "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Comment

Working...
                              X