Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bragging rights for my MOST AMAZING garden EVER!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bragging rights for my MOST AMAZING garden EVER!

kale, lettuce, carrots, horseradish, red beets, green beans, cabbage, butternut squash, onions, yellow and zucchini squash, peanuts, red potatoes, variety of tomatoes and peppers, asparagus, sunflowers, and pumpkins!!

Yes...I know some of these arent "primal!"
    Attached Files
    Check out my blog on nature and nurture!
    http://thewoodsygal.com/

Wish my pic would post!

Comment

photobucket is great for pic hosting, and registering is lots faster than waiting for pic approval
      beautiful
      yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
      lol

Comment

looks good
        You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Comment

Your garden is amazing. Is there an irrigation system?
          ----------------------------------------
          F, 48, 5'10"
          Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
          Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Comment

Wow! That looks glorious!
            Went primal for the weight loss, stayed for the quality of life!

Comment

We're a family of 4---I have two little boys--6 and 7 years old. No real irrigation....luckily this year the rain has done the job and I mulched heavily with straw to help keep moisture in the ground! We do have to fence...and occasionally shoot some groundhogs. The hardest part is planting season cause our chickens get in there and start ripping things up. I LOVE my garden though! I freeze/can what I am able to!

Comment

That's great solstice! I see the short fence for the groundhogs too. I my case it would have to be a minimum of six feet high to keep out the deer. I don't have a huge property either, but I am hoping to do more food production next year when I have more time. Good job!
                Female, age 51, 5' 9"
                SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
                2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Comment

Wow! I am jealous of your outdoor space. Your garden looks lovely.

Comment

Looks good. I did a permaculture blend with no rows this year in two small spaces and it came out pretty awesome if I do say so myself.

Comment

My hubby was anti-rows, but it worked out great this year! As for deer---just eat them, then they wont eat your garden (That's what we do!) We are truly blessed and have a modest house and barn with 40 acres of land, most wooded though.

Comment

That looks great! Wish we had a little more rain this summer... our garden isn't doing too great Enjoy - I love being able to go outside to "pick" dinner!

Comment

Solstice, the garden looks amazing. Do you just get a couple bales of straw and spread it over the ground after planting the seeds or when they're seedlings?

We tried a small garden this year but all the animals (deer, groundhogs, chipmunks, squirrels, birds) got to most of what did grow and I managed to kill the rest.

Neckhammer, do you have pics? What are you growing?
                          SW: 243
                          CW: 177
                          Goal: Health

Comment

I mulched with straw in between rows after my seedlings started to sprout. First year I did that...didnt want that black plastic in my garden but every year my weeding gets out of hand. THis year is the first I feel in control. My garden is huge...probably took nearly 10 bales.

Comment

Originally posted by Sihana
                              Man, I would never be able to get away with an outdoor garden like that here. It would be stolen by the birds, or even worse, the Mexicans.

How many people are you feeding?
                              lol what

Comment

Working...
                              X