Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the word on Salt in the primal lifestyle?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the word on Salt in the primal lifestyle?

Is salt good, bad or ugly? Should I be tracking it?

Thanks,
    louisa
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Get pink himalayan salt or celtic sea salt or another kind that is rich in trace minerals, use it as much as you like.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

second pink, second liberal sprinklage

or do what i do and swim in it
      beautiful
      yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
      lol

Comment

Do you give your steak an ocean bath before eating?
        You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

marinating is key

i just fight the sharks off with a bat
          beautiful
          yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
          lol

Comment

I don't add salt to anything I cook. Not a fan of the taste. I've never eaten anything and said "This could use more salt."
            "Don't waste your time, or time will waste you."

Comment

We do need sodium.

I have always believed that if you are eating natural, unprocessed foods, you can afford to be a little more liberal with the salt.
              Meat is Prized, Wheat is Despised.

Real Food - The REAL staff of life

Comment

Originally posted by Rip @ MIPWID View Post
                We do need sodium.

I have always believed that if you are eating natural, unprocessed foods, you can afford to be a little more liberal with the salt.
                I believe mark talks about this somewhere. I believe the same as RIP. Sprinkle of salt at least once a day

Comment

If you don't have a sensitivity to it or some kind of kidney damage use the himalyan pink salt. Not the cheap stuff combined with anti-caking agents. I put a small spoonful on most vegetables and potatoes.

Comment

I usually have some on avocado halves and all kinds of eggs, but that's about it.

The horrors of salt have been greatly exaggerated. And yes, use the good pink stuff.
                    Durp.

Comment

Check out what these goats are willing to do to supplement their diets with salt!!!

Dam You Crazy: Goats Climbing Vertical Dam | Geekologie

I use the pink sea salt liberally and feel much better when I have a nice dose of salt daily. Just remember to eat plenty of potassium rich foods to keep it in balance if you have any issues with blood pressure.
                      Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

Yes, you should track it so you can laugh when your tracking app gives you scary red numbers. Oooh no, your sodium is too high! We've basically been told a lie about salt and once you eat Primal your salt is so much lower than when eating processed food anyway so you might find you feel weak or dizzy or crampy without it.
                        Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Working...
                        X