Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any brands of coconut milk without guar gum?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goya doesn't have any gums.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

Guar gun ain't all that bad anyway:

Guar gum is a fiber from the seed of the guar plant.

Guar gum is used as a laxative. It is also used for treating diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), obesity, and diabetes; for reducing cholesterol; and for preventing “hardening of the arteries” (atherosclerosis).

In foods and beverages, guar gum is used as a thickening, stabilizing, suspending, and binding agent.

In manufacturing, guar gum is used as a binding agent in tablets, and as a thickening agent in lotions and creams.

How does it work?

Guar gum is a fiber that normalizes the moisture content of the stool, absorbing excess liquid in diarrhea, and softening the stool in constipation. It also might help decrease the amount of cholesterol and glucose that is absorbed in the stomach and intestines.

There is some interest in using guar gum for weight loss because it expands in the intestine, causing a sense of fullness. This may decrease appetite.

Comment

That's another thing worth mentioning, though. Does anyone here avoiding guar gum know why they're actually avoiding it?
        Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

Originally posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
          That's another thing worth mentioning, though. Does anyone here avoiding guar gum know why they're actually avoiding it?
          I avoid xanthan gum because it upsets my digestive system. I avoid guar gum because I see it as an adulterant that makes it possible for a manufacturer to pass off a cheaper product for more profit.

Comment

Originally posted by Monika View Post
            Golden Star @ Walmart...it's wonderful and inexpensive
            I have also found this at Kroger stores in Texas. I actually like it over Aroy-D and the Thai brands. Now if they only had it BPA free!?!

Update: Golden Star has been pushing into Walmarts across the country. Here is their facebook page.
            https://www.facebook.com/GoldenStarFoods

964145_10150298173964950_1446857487_o.jpg
            Last edited by Topher420; 01-16-2014, 12:53 PM. Reason: Update:

Comment

Grok didn't add guar gum to his food. Good enough for me...

Comment

Savoy brand Coconut cream no longer has any additives, just bought a few cans at the asian market. All the other milks were full on the shelf and I got the last of the Savoys.

Comment

Working...
                X