No announcement yet.

Help! I'm a Tex Mex Lover

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm also in Texas and it's hard to go out socially around here without eating Tex-mex. One homemade solution: Cook chicken breast in a slow cooker with salsa and any taco-ish seasonings. Pull it apart with a fork when it's done. Keep that in your fridge and add to:
    Omelettes (with salsa and veggies)
    Paleo burrito -- lettuce wrap (as others suggested) with chicken,salsa, and veggies inside. Or inside hatch peppers when they're in season!
    On a salad
    And if you eat cheese -- get the queso fresca. Make a layered dish of the chicken, veggies, and cheese. You can add enchilada sauce to the top. Heat and enjoy.
    I'd love to have other ideas, too!

Comment

Originally posted by Nady View Post
      Guess that explains it~

Most of us here have found that skipping the beans and tortillas works wonders for weight loss ~ maybe you should give it a try?
      You found that skipping beans and tortillas work wonders for weight loss? Really? Well I have been eating burritos almost every night while dropping about 20 pounds in a month...without exercise. You just need to find low calorie wraps, which isn't too hard. I found reasonably big wraps that are 70 calories each. I eat two of those with some taco seasoned chicken, rice, and some utz cheese balls.

Comment

Originally posted by jimhensen View Post
        You found that skipping beans and tortillas work wonders for weight loss? Really? Well I have been eating burritos almost every night while dropping about 20 pounds in a month...without exercise. You just need to find low calorie wraps, which isn't too hard. I found reasonably big wraps that are 70 calories each. I eat two of those with some taco seasoned chicken, rice, and some utz cheese balls.
        Yo if your dropping 20lbs a month .....then seriously keep ROCKIN!....If you were over 500lbs when starting I can understand some of your commentary. For the most part though ....once you get to under 250lbs go Primal.

Comment

Wow~ you're really going to promote SAD/CW here while you weigh 300 pounds? What is wrong with this picture?

Comment

Originally posted by Nady View Post
            Wow~ you're really going to promote SAD/CW here while you weigh 300 pounds? What is wrong with this picture?
            I got fat eating huge amounts of garbage food...I'm losing weight eating grains and controlling my calories.

Comment

I got fat eating huge amounts of garbage food...I'm losing weight eating grains and controlling my calories.
              If that's working for you, great! But this is a forum for those that have already been there, done that and didn't have positive results. I don't understand why you want to hang here, where there is no support for your WOE.

FWTW, If you were at a healthy weight, your constant promotion of grains might have an audience, but at 300 pounds, you simply have no credibility.

Comment

Dont feed the trolls or in this case, muppet. JH is not worth responding to and he just wants attention. shoo fly you bodder me.
                Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Comment

Working...
                X