Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eating Hamburger with white rice. Too much fat and carbs together?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eating Hamburger with white rice. Too much fat and carbs together?

Or would the fat of the hamburger blunt the insulin response of the white rice?

Originally posted by thepeanutbutterkid View Post
    The rice probably gets digested at a slower rate, but after all it's pretty much all calories
    well then

Comment

Originally posted by thepeanutbutterkid View Post
      Depends on how much of each your talking. However if you are going to eat starch, you are correct in the assessment that a fat source is good to have with it.

Comment

Fat lowers/slows the insulin response when eaten with carbs. If that's your goal, then those two are good to eat together.

However, if you want an insulin response, like say after a workout, then you probably would want to have a protein source that's low/no fat like whitefish or chicken/turkey breast.

Comment

I hate Gary Taubes for spawning these kinds of questions.

Bottom line, you'll be fine.

Comment

One of my favorites! I also use ground venison, shredded pork roast and chicken.

Comment

Adding white rice to my meals makes me get tubby. I do eat it once or twice a week because I love it, but I tend to overeat when I have the rice added in.
              Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

Originally posted by jammies View Post
                Adding white rice to my meals makes me get tubby. I do eat it once or twice a week because I love it, but I tend to overeat when I have the rice added in.
                I have the same issue. I've just started making very small portions for me and my family. We each get a cup and then it's gone.

Comment

Working...
                X